Fan-made Pandora Renders

Clean3d

Still Fresh
These aren't official or entirely correct. Feel free to point out things that need improving, but I have some other projects I've been ignoring a little and need to work on. Enjoy!

pandora08.jpg

pandora11.jpg

pandora12.jpg

List of things that aren't perfect or need work:
ABYX buttons, placement of front power switch/etc, back ports aren't modeled, button font looks bad, shoulder buttons, size of dpad/abyx buttons relative to analogue nubs, speaker size, hinge shouldn't align with display, and a zillion other things.

If you have a non-copyrighted/self made image you'd like to see on the Pandora or have a view you'd like to see, I might make a few more images. These take around 45 minutes to render, though, so don't hold you're breath. ;)

If I get permission from someone within the Pandora project, I may release the source file as well. (.blend format)
I got permission to release the model. :) See this post for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
I give it 2 thumbs up! Nice work. I hope a dev gives you permission to distribute it, but if you don't want to, it'll be fine.
EDIT: for the screen, why not use the official pandora splash screen (I think it's at today.openpandora.org).

Wow, really impressive. Thats far more than I could do with Blender. Besides this, my antique Athlon XP would render such an image a whole Day I think (radiosity "glowing" eats a ton of PCU Power for example) oh, AFAIK is the Bluetooth LED blue but thats not important.
Yes, the font onto the Keyboard is a little bit thick but you can clearly read everything, it's not a bad look. I also had made a few Pandora (phantasy) renderers, once I used 3D letters for labeling, once I used a simple picture over all of the buttons to "print" the keys, what was yout method?

And I really would like to have your .blend file for practise reasons (lightning, environment, modeling methods....) My Blender Skills are still very basic.

Nicer textures than the official ones.

seem more down-to-earth and less shiny.
Good job :)

If you have a non-copyrighted/self made image you'd like to see on the Pandora or have a view you'd like to see, I might make a few more images. These take around 45 minutes to render, though, so don't hold you're breath. ;)

If I get permission from someone within the Pandora project, I may release the source file as well. (.blend format)

nice work, whats with the field of view blurring on the front on render?

i'm not a blender user, but 45 mins for a render with simple raytrace reflections, simple soft shadows and no AO seems steap.

i'd love to get my hands on the source files and get some animations done.

adamorjames said:
Really nice job! I hope you get permission to release the .blend file. Don't stop working on it.
Why should he need permission? It's his own rendering and has nothing to do with the original 3D files from official Pandora renderers. :huh:

love the pandora logo on the back in true DS style, wonder if the powers that be will actually put it on... *prays to the pandora gods* common craigi

Spray190 said:
love the pandora logo on the back in true DS style, wonder if the powers that be will actually put it on... *prays to the pandora gods* common craigi
It's on the lid in the recent official render, so yes, it's on. ;)

retort said:
nice work, whats with the field of view blurring on the front on render?

i'm not a blender user, but 45 mins for a render with simple raytrace reflections, simple soft shadows and no AO seems steap.

The case has blurred reflections and there is some subtle AO. My computer also isn't the greatest :p
As for the depth of field, I probably did go a little overboard on that. Maybe I'll create another render of that view at some point, as well.

RajTakhar said:
cool images

can i blog em?
It's fine with me. :)

fusion_power said:
Why should he need permission? It's his own rendering and has nothing to do with the original 3D files from official Pandora renderers. :huh:

True, but it is their case design as well as their logo, and I'm unsure about how they'd feel about the potential of a non-official and incorrect model being distributed. In any case, any redistribution of renders/models created with this will probably be required to state that it is strictly unofficial.

Back