Pictures Or Renders To Compare To Eee

menno

Still Fresh
I sat down in the train these days, and saw an EEE,
I am looking for a smalllllll laptop kind of thing for on the road
and at the uni, to quickly search information, listen music, and PIM apps and to
make word documents.

I would like to see a size comparishment of the EEE to the pandora. A render
or real photo.

Would anyone disencourage me to go for a pandora?!

Honestly, I don't think Pandora is exactly what you are looking for. I find it hard to work on my EEE PC for an extended period of time (granted I have large paws), and if you are looking at creating long documents, Pandora would probably kill your hands.

There are better netbook systems out there that would likely satisfy your needs better. The Wind is supposed to be a good kit, and as much as I hate to shill for Dell, they have a new netbook that comes in at a good price ($350 for an Ubuntu machine).

Don't get me wrong, I think that Pandora is great, but I'm not sure it's exactly what you are looking for.

menno said:
I sat down in the train these days, and saw an EEE,
I am looking for a smalllllll laptop kind of thing for on the road
and at the uni, to quickly search information, listen music, and PIM apps and to
make word documents.

I would like to see a size comparishment of the EEE to the pandora. A render
or real photo.

Would anyone disencourage me to go for a pandora?!
I won't discourage you, only remind you to realize it is the size of a Nintendo DS :). If you want to type large documents comfortably you can connect a USB or BlueTooth keyboard to it :).

I think that it is a great way to surf the web, certainly the best I have seen so far (IE the most suited to my needs).

Here is a neat comparison of size to an Eeepc, Iphone and DS Lite : http://www.sizeasy.com/page/size_compariso...vs-Apple-iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
Although the Pandora is a powerful little pocket sized computer, I wouldn't use it as my primary word processor. But then, I'm not sure I would use a Netbook for word processing either...keyboard would be cramped.

craigix said:
Those exact photos are on the openpandora.org website.

Picture 3.
At the risk of sounding stupid, after searching the entire site I could not find any pictures of the pandora, but you say picture 3, so I continue searching, trying the wiki, checked the blog and even decided to look at each and every news article to no avail. Now as I am writing this reply I actually found that it is integrated into the picture on the right. Damn. My point is maybe someone else might also not see it right away.

For those who have difficulty finding it -

comparison.jpg

But it's good enough for size comparison. Maybe ED should make a picture with the real pandora...

Chip said:
mazza558 said:
Is that just a render?
Yes.

I know nothing about rendering but I must say that it is a very realistic render, to me at least. I thought it was one of those paper models that people were printing out themselves.

I disagree. It's a fairly obvious photoshop, but that's ok, because it's just for size comparison

Kyosys said:
I disagree. It's a fairly obvious photoshop, but that's ok, because it's just for size comparison
i was fooled when i first saw that shot quite a while back, but that was on a computer with an aging 17" CRT. When I looked at it again using a much better screen, it was an obvious shop. but my initial reaction was along the lines of "they've already got a fully assembled and working prototype?" :rolleyes:

Back