Even more to see here (now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, not yet :)
We're checking and doing some other fixes as well, like fixing the angle for the lid so that it keeps closed properly :)
Thanks a lot for the news!!

Are you also going to do some stability and test with the case? Like letting it fall on the new shoulder buttons?

Fantastic update, as usual. I like how you have titles for news updates these days that say very little, but actually contain something quite profound (like "mass production"!).

I feel I'm still being optimistic, but it would be amazing if I could get mine before November. Have a long journey across the world, and it would be a perfect time to get one.

Either way, thanks so much as usual for all the hard work.

Also stoked to see/check out those shoulder buttons! :D

I am not very familiar with GamesCon but if they consider devices that are not even officially released yet to be retro then I would love to see what their new stuff looks like.
The area is for ED's shop and not specifically for the Pyra. ED has a lot of retro solutions in his store and you can use emulators on the Pyra to (with official cartridges icw. Retrode2).
The new stuff usually has a full dedicated section, depending on how much money they put into it. (for example Smach-Z had a small stand while Microsoft hires parts of a hall)

I am not very familiar with GamesCon but if they consider devices that are not even officially released yet to be retro then I would love to see what their new stuff looks like.
Retro here refers to retrogames so new devices that can be used to play retrogames goes to retro hall.

There's nothing special in there, just everything a normal LInux offers :)
The problem is that the driver needs to be setup to know the battery capacity, otherwise it uses some standard value (3600mAh or something like that)
Yeah, it should have a folder in for the battery that shows you what the kernel thinks it's doing. Unfortunately I don't have a system set up currently that's got a battery in it, but from memory it should have files inside that folder called charge_full and things like that which should let you see what the kernel thinks it's got. It won't help with fixing that if it's got it wrong, but from my experience values like that tend to drift towards the correct value if you can keep the unit up for long enough. And it might be the quickest way to check if your configuration changes are having the right effects.

Great news ! About the "beta-release" issue, how hard would it be to add a prompt in the installer of the early OS versions ?
Something like "please note that while hardware is fully operational and ready for end customer sales, the software is still being worked on and we invite you to keep it updated as it gets more polished and feature complete"... ;)

Great news ! About the "beta-release" issue, how hard would it be to add a prompt in the installer of the early OS versions ?
Something like "please note that while hardware is fully operational and ready for end customer sales, the software is still being worked on and we invite you to keep it updated as it gets more polished and feature complete"... ;)
Well, we'd need a first run agent for that first I think. I think I've seen some prototype code on that subject in one of the repos, but I've not looked at it yet.

Now, I am starting to get the smell of PYRAS.......
Good Work! EvilDragon!!

I don’t think Joe Public would be happy if they received a device with sound, battery issues etc.Reviewers would pan the device as well.

Didn't happen with the pi 4 which has hardware h265 support...which doesn't work yet.

I have been waiting a long time I'll take finished hardware and explore all the updates as they come out

So, when ED said "tomorrow", it was already Wednesday in Europe, right?

Darn time zones, making me wait a whole extra day for pictures.

Still no pictures yet - as I realized I don't have an SD Card reader with me. So it has to wait until I get back tonight.

At least we're past the point where we needed to send in a reel of film to get developed, and after a couple of days get the photos back only to realise that they are all under/over exposed, blurry or with a finger over the lens :p

At least we're past the point where we needed to send in a reel of film to get developed, and after a couple of days get the photos back only to realise that they are all under/over exposed, blurry or with a finger over the lens :p

Hold still there; you're gonna mess up my daguerreotype. ;)

And therefore, never take your Pandora out of your Pocket ..
Haha, I thought exactly the same :)
If I had my Pandora with me now... well, didn't take it with me, as it always asks me to play games and I wanted to work on the shop, so no need for a gaming device.

But then again, I didn't think my Lenovo Yoga only has a MicroSD card slot, not a fully sized one.

I am running into problems like this all the time when I am at work or visiting my parents and don’t want to carry a laptop. At best I am having my Intel NUC with me which lacks an SD Card reader as well. The Pyra will be a life saver in that regard for me :D

But then again, I didn't think my Lenovo Yoga only has a MicroSD card slot, not a fully sized one.

Sadly that's the case for almost all modern devices... either MicroSD or no SD card slot at all. And I guess because of that we don't get cheap fully sized SD cards with a lot of storage capacity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back