Engadget Covers The Pandora Again

Is this good coverage?

• Total voters

musicalwoods

Engadget is covering the Pandora again.

This time they are referring to the newest official blog post that contains all the case production photos.

I always find the comments of others interesting, so I thought I'd share the link and include a silly little poll.

Edit: I hope this blog gets to test the Pandora once it comes out. They've covered it so many times...

I wish these eager tipsters could restrain themselves when we're so close to seeing a final assembled unit! :rolleyes: I don't think more FDM shots are going to excite the public.

Then again, it could break the water nicely for an upcoming Engadet hands-on.

So far there's only one person saying "it's not a finished, completed case yet," but at least the blog link has the rest of the photos. I guess that's the photo they thought would best fit the topic. I can't wait to hear what the naysayers have to say when Engadget does their inevitable first look. :D

Sphinxter said:
Any coverage blah blah blah. They'll just say the same thing they say now minus vaporware and secretly pre-order second batch.
As if on cue...

Engadget comment said:
Looks cool, but $330? That's asking way too much. Not like I'll not buy it though. Want it so bad now...

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Any press is good press. Getting the word out about the console is the most important thing.
To quote P.T. Barnum, "I don't care what they say about me, as long as they get my name right."

They mentioned the difference between us and the Phantom.
It's good.

Craig has mentioned that more (better) pics are just around the corner (or so he hopes). This has got to be the third (or maybe only second) time that Engadget has released some not-quite-ready preview pictures when a much better update is waiting in the wings. Although I suspect they're more likely to cover the better update this time then they have previously.

It's too bad the main picture has one of the FDM cases in it. I was hoping they'd have one of the pictures with the new case pieces only.

who's Andrew??, that's the second time I heard that out of the four times Engadget covered us.

Xian Long said:
honestly, i don't really see the point of an engadget cover until they actually have the device in their hands
Its where I first learned of the device, ultimately leading to my preorder.... I think a lot of other people first got wind from engadget as well.

El Jefe said:
Xian Long said:
honestly, i don't really see the point of an engadget cover until they actually have the device in their hands
Its where I first learned of the device, ultimately leading to my preorder.... I think a lot of other people first got wind from engadget as well.
it doesn't have quite the same effect once it transforms from "this is a pandora" to "no, the pandoras getting released, for real! check out these semi-final cases from the official blog blah blah blah"

El Jefe said:

Funny, that. The Pandora (forums) is how I first heard about Engadget :p

Engadget seem to me as having been really supportive of the Pandora 'movement'.
And the comments surprised me this time, they were nearly all positive.
Still, I was behind on Pandora news and this made my day ^^

this particular article wasn't all that good, only because they compared it to the phantom. and as mentioned before I wish they had used better pix or at least put up a gallery. I have a feeling that if when engadget does a hands-on there'll be a ridiculous influx of "zomg wtf is dat & where can I put my money so I get one!?'; and of course those people will discover our humble little corner of the internet... damn home-wreckers ;]

Back