Drmd Version 2.0

Craigix- you are the fuckin man

and lay off Azure guys, calling someone a "whiny bitch" and a "stupid little brat" is uncalled for and offensive. I do agree that he was way out of line in his posts, though. We should be greatful for everything Yoyofr and the other devs have done for us.

Now, as to not stray too far offtopic, i've read somewhere in this thread that some ppl are having trouble with Comix Zone- that there are some wierd graphical glitches and whatnot. I have not played the eng version of this rom, but what little of the Jap version i have played works fine, so you may like to try that (the game dousn't run too fast with sound though)

Brilliant! Thanks Reesy!

However - 2 problems dunno if related to DrMD or the original games, or the 68K core.

1) Pebble Beach (any version) - It starts fine - bring up menu system - try to create a player - Fine -go back into the create player menu, player not there. Try to start a game - it asks to choose a player - none there... Wonder if this is related to the need to emulate RAM that got mentioned up above???

2) Scrabble - starts fine - but I can't work out how to get it to let me play! It just starts playing against itself - also seems to have a couple of graphical glitches (tiles disappear...)

Again thanks for all the Hard Work Reesy - I'll be donating... soon...

Argon0

I just wish that the two communities could get along a bit better. I could be great for both scenes if we could find a common ground. Take DrMD for example it still has many bugs in the cyclone core. If it was opened up to more developers the would be a possibility of the bugs getting ironed out much faster giving us better all round emulation. The cyclone could be used in ports of mame as well. Any progress on code is a good thing be it for the Z or GP32

I think is about time that differences were set aside and we all started a Revolution long live GP32, Zodiac, and Emulation. Peace to all.....!

:) :D :)

The Cyclone project is fDaves. If anyone other than the devs currently working on it wants to look at the Cyclone core to debug, use, etc you would have to contact him for the source and permission. I doubt that Reesy or anyone else using it can just pass it around without permission. This is most likely to prevent commercial devs taking the core and making money on it. That said, if you ask, I would bet that fDave would let the persons interested have a look at the code as long as they don't sell or spread it.

I finished Shadowrun yesterday and... it's the BEST game I played on my gp so far (finished Phantasy star IV as well). It runs great give it a go everyone!

There IS a Sega Master System and Game Gear emulator that supposedly works pretty good, but the one Reesy made for GBA is better and would be great on the GP32. I'm not much of a SMS or GG fan though. :)

edit: Oh wait, you said Game Genie, not Game Gear, d'oh!

Blah posted on Apr 10 2005 at 07:32 PM said:
There IS a Sega Master System and Game Gear emulator that supposedly works pretty good, but the one Reesy made for GBA is better and would be great on the GP32. I'm not much of a SMS or GG fan though.  :)

edit: Oh wait, you said Game Genie, not Game Gear, d'oh!

I think Reesy had said that he briefly messed around with porting the DrSMS emu to the GP32 to see how hard it would be. I don't think he got too far as he was doing it as a test, plus he was busy with DrMD at the time too. Who knows maybe DrSMS-GP will pop out someday and suprise everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:
DrSMSgp is currently just one massive asm file in Arm ADS syntax format. Before I can do anything I've firstly got to convert this source to gnu assembler format, then I can set about ripping the code I want out and then adding the menu system from DrMD to it.

Any of my current beta testers have any requests for pre-compiled versions of DrSMS. You'll be able to see how fast it is currently at 132Mhz, there's no sound and I've only written the sms rendering routines but it will give an idea. If your interested let me know what sms game you want and I'll sort something out for you. ( As long as you own the original SMS cart of course ;) )

Reesy posted on Apr 11 2005 at 08:40 PM said:
DrSMSgp is currently just one massive asm file in Arm ADS syntax format. Before I can do anything I've firstly got to convert this source to gnu assembler format, then I can set about ripping the code I want out and then adding the menu system from DrMD to it.

Any of my current beta testers have any requests for pre-compiled versions of DrSMS. You'll be able to see how fast it is currently at 132Mhz, there's no sound and I've only written the sms rendering routines but it will give an idea. If your interested let me know what sms game you want and I'll sort something out for you. ( As long as you own the original SMS cart of course ;) )
havent got a clue what any of it means, but sounds good

will it go "bing"?

ta reesy

moz posted on Apr 11 2005 at 08:42 PM said:
Reesy posted on Apr 11 2005 at 08:40 PM said:
DrSMSgp is currently just one massive asm file in Arm ADS syntax format.  Before I can do anything I've firstly got to convert this source to gnu assembler format, then I can set about ripping the code I want out and then adding the menu system from DrMD to it.

Any of my current beta testers have any requests for pre-compiled versions of DrSMS. You'll be able to see how fast it is currently at 132Mhz, there's no sound and I've only written the sms rendering routines but it will give an idea.  If your interested let me know what sms game you want and I'll sort something out for you.  ( As long as you own the original SMS cart of course ;) )
havent got a clue what any of it means, but sounds good

will it go "bing"?

ta reesy

No it won't go "bing". He said that sound wasn't implemented yet ;) j/k

firefly1201 posted on Apr 11 2005 at 08:51 PM said:
trooper posted on Apr 11 2005 at 07:46 PM said:
:eek: Oh...oh...oh...Pffwoor, Oh christ, I`ve just shit meself. ^^^

Trooper

Not again :angry: . I'll go get the pooper scooper...
lol

trooper pooper scooper

@DaveC nice one

Reesy posted on Apr 11 2005 at 09:40 PM said:

Yes please Reesy, I`d be honoured. :D <rubs hands>

Trooper

You'll have to let me know what games you want, as there is no menu system currently. I will have to re-compile each time to add different games.

Back