Drmd Gp2x Version

Nice one, It's already got a better compatibility than some of the PSP MD emu's I've tried (MicroMachines 2 and All the Road Rash's didnt work properly)

Keep it up. Only 'bug' I found was when I created a directory Roms/Megadrive it wouldnt work, but roms/megadrive did. Nothing drastic but I do like my caps :)

DynaMight posted on Dec 10 2005 at 11:21 AM said:
Keep it up. Only 'bug' I found was when I created a directory Roms/Megadrive it wouldnt work, but roms/megadrive did. Nothing drastic but I do like my caps :)

Yeah it does say in the readme that the directories are case sensitive.
A direct quote
"
IMPORTANT! - directory names are case sensitive.
"

It would have made it even harder for some people if I had made the directories Roms/Megadrive. So i kept everything lower case to keep things simple. Sorry but thats the way it will stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
fomit posted on Dec 10 2005 at 01:01 PM said:
Drak posted on Dec 10 2005 at 06:23 PM said:
thesilente posted on Dec 10 2005 at 12:31 AM said:
Anyone know of a good irc server/channel to dl some genesis roms?

Yes.

channel: ***
Server: ***

enjoy :0

Could someone please delete the above post? Thanks!
Hum, you sure? Those channel names seem iffy... :)

As in "channel @nowarezquestions, server @goaway"

Could be wrong.

Jarska333 posted on Dec 10 2005 at 08:47 PM said:
fomit posted on Dec 10 2005 at 01:01 PM said:
Drak posted on Dec 10 2005 at 06:23 PM said:
thesilente posted on Dec 10 2005 at 12:31 AM said:

Yes.

channel: ***
Server: ***

enjoy :0

Could someone please delete the above post? Thanks!
Hum, you sure? Those channel names seem iffy... :)

As in "channel @nowarezquestions, server @goaway"

Could be wrong.

Even if they aren't real servers... Besides, if they are real servers all you'd have to do would be to remove the ...

anyone else getting a flickering menu screen??

either way, this is the best release so far for the gp2x

Reesy play up...........play up Reesy!

Hey reesy I know its a little thing but do you reckon for the next release you could have drmd read the /roms/megadrive and /drmd directories from the working directory instead of the root directory. I've got a hierachy set up on my gp2x that I like as I bet many other people do and a roms and drmd directory in the root just seems out of place

thesilente posted on Dec 10 2005 at 08:31 AM said:
Try #RIAA or #MPAA on efnet. Ask for roms there.

Tell you what this is what I'll do for the next version.

I'll add functionality to read in a ini file of some sort. In the ini file you can specify the path to find the megadrive roms. If the ini file does not exist it will use the default directory of /roms/megadrive.

Using an ini file means I don't have to worry about setting up an interface for entering text which would be alot of work just for a simple configuration setting.

Does that sound okay? Can you think of anything else that could go in this ini file?
Let me know now.

Reesy

My GP2X is now complete. Well, will be when it gets here.

Reesy posted on Dec 10 2005 at 12:46 PM said:
Does that sound okay? Can you think of anything else that could go in this ini file?
Let me know now.

Reesy

Sounds fine, but an explorer interface would be easier (just a suggestion).

nickspoon posted on Dec 10 2005 at 12:55 PM said:
My GP2X is now complete. Well, will be when it gets here.

Reesy posted on Dec 10 2005 at 12:46 PM said:
Does that sound okay?  Can you think of anything else that could go in this ini file?
Let me know now.

Reesy

Sounds fine, but an explorer interface would be easier (just a suggestion).

I've found from experience on the GP32 version that file browsers are just slow and clunky. Using a particular directory allows me to scan the directory, getting zip names or looking up the correct filenames using a crc lookup. All this information is then dumped to a file. So the next time you start-up DrMD I just read the file into my internal data structure ( just the once) and its ready to go.

The filesystem interface on linux is alot more friendly than what was available in the GP32, so an explorer interface could work but I doubt it would be as efficient as my current setup which I'm very happy with and I'm not planning on changing it.

How about if you have a gpe launch script and the binary as 2 seperate files so that the launch script could pass the rom directory to the as an argument.

So you have a gpe script which says something like
./DrMD /mnt/sd/Emulators/DrMD
and it will use the argument as the working directory

I like it :) I'll see what I can do, I'm not that experienced with Linux but hopefully I can get something like you suggested working.

EvilDragon posted on Dec 10 2005 at 01:29 PM said:
x68000 posted on Dec 10 2005 at 02:25 PM said:
anyone else getting a flickering menu screen??

Did you read the readme? :p
i may have read some of it, but i may have missed some out in the excitement! :p

DrMD and DrSMS are the most professional emulators I have ever used. It's awesome to see this on the new GP, it will make it all the more attractive for me to buy in the future!

My onyl wonder is, why in all the pictures GP32 and GP2X head to head the 32's screen is so much darker and dimmer? I thought the GP2X had the same screen as the GP32 Blu+

Back