Drmd Gp2x Version

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYES!!!!!!

Just ordered dominos to celebrate :D. Cant wait to give it a go....

you can count on my donation in the near future. my paypal is down and I have to add a new credit card. Thanks Reesy :wub:

Doesn't seem to be compatible with GP32 saves yet :(

And the stick feels a bit slow/unresponsive... slower than in other games on the 2x actually, so that should be possible to improve software side.

P.S.: Donated all that was left on my Paypal account (14,25€) :p

Edit: @skeezix: It is slower than on my 256Mhz GP32 :p but the screen is soo much better than a NLU.

Edit2: Savestates might be actually compatible, but maybe it is case sensitive... have to rename a few of my gp32 saves to test it.

skeezix posted on Dec 10 2005 at 02:35 AM said:
<evil>
So hows it compare at GP32 DrMD to GP2x DrMD? ;)
</evil>

jeff

chris_r posted on Dec 10 2005 at 02:03 AM said:
cimg15111yi.jpg

god_at_hell posted on Dec 10 2005 at 02:46 AM said:
@skeezix: when you clock your gp2x down to 133mhz it feels like on the gp32 ... so ... with the standard 200mhz its VERRRRYYYY smoth :D
Running drmd on the gp2x at 133 runs nowhere near as well as the same speed on the gp32. Once you start clocking lower than 200mhz i notice the frameskip starts kicking in. Change the frameskip to 0 at 133mhz and you'll see how much slower it really runs
Edit: I just tried the gp32 version at 133mhz with frameskip 0 and the 2 versions seem more or less the same. The gp32 feels a bit slower at times though or it might just be my imagination

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok renameing the GP32 savestates to fix case sensitivness doesn't seem to work, some don't show up, others freeze the GP2X.

It is really a pity... I hope that gets fixed soon.

Ok I fixed it. The contacts for the volume button came loose so I had to open up the GP2X and readjust it. All is fine now and works great. :D

@skeezix: when you clock your gp2x down to 133mhz it feels like on the gp32 ... so ... with the standard 200mhz its VERRRRYYYY smoth :D

How do you set GP2X for 133? I tried it but it stays on 200Mhz.

It was choppy at 133 on the GP32. 144 MHz was the magic number for GP32. The next speed that made a difference was 166.

It is smooth on the GP2X. Test it with Sonic 3 and Vectorman. The GP32 struggled with those, they got real framey. On the GP2X it is very smooth.

Remember this is an un optimised port running under *linux*. With some optimisation and HH mode this thing will be perfect.

I can't believe how good the screen looks (upgraded FW) The colors are so deep and rich with great contrast. I thought my GP32 BLU looked good but honestly the screen on the GP2X is way better.

Julius posted on Dec 10 2005 at 02:42 AM said:
And the stick feels a bit slow/unresponsive... slower than in other games on the 2x actually, so that should be possible to improve software side.

P.S.: Donated all that was left on my Paypal account (14,25€) :p

Edit: @skeezix: It is slower than on my 256Mhz GP32 :p but the screen is soo much better than a NLU.

That is the dead zone that you are experiencing on the stick. I tested this and there seemed to be no lag. Move the stick to where it just makes contact then move slightly, it seems as fast as any other game.

256 MHz GP32? I don't have one (only goes to 180) so for me this is still better.

WOaaaaaaah. Something happened! ON the GP32, my Sonic 3 rom never had a save/load game screen, and played different levels. Now it plays like the sonic 3 i remember (same rom WTF?)

6 button support when you get a chance Reesy, Street Fighter II Champoion edition runs so sweet but no kicking.

Also because with 6 button street fighter it is possible the shoulder buttons will be hit at the same time, could I suggest you change exit to menu to both volume up and down at the same time. If you hit the volume buttons in the middle it presses both of them so may as well use it as an extra button.

Feel free to ignore my suggestions. ;)

pretty sure he ment 156mhz...

(Gah...the day I decide to send mine back because of dead pixel, and flickery screen...)

PSyMastR posted on Dec 9 2005 at 11:43 PM said:
WOaaaaaaah. Something happened! ON the GP32, my Sonic 3 rom never had a save/load game screen, and played different levels. Now it plays like the sonic 3 i remember (same rom WTF?)
oh, a minor graphical glitch. ON Angel island, the water is not showing, but i enter and exit the water like its there. (Sonic 3). I guess some front layer graphics aren't showing?

Iorgy77 posted on Dec 9 2005 at 09:43 PM said:
6 button support when you get a chance Reesy, Street Fighter II Champoion edition runs so sweet but no kicking.

Also because with 6 button street fighter it is possible the shoulder buttons will be hit at the same time, could I suggest you change exit to menu to both volume up and down at the same time. If you hit the volume buttons in the middle it presses both of them so may as well use it as an extra button.

Feel free to ignore my suggestions. ;)

I assumed it had 6 button support, but I haven't tried it yet. 6 button support would be sweet, with an option to turn it off for the games that it breaks (there were a few with the real Genesis, so I wouldn't be surprised if it caused some trouble with an emulator, too.)

Oh yes, this is all coming together really well :)

I still say this is the best and easiest to use megadrive emu on any system.

DaveC posted on Dec 10 2005 at 04:21 AM said:

How do you set GP2X for 133? I tried it but it stays on 200Mhz.

It was choppy at 133 on the GP32. 144 MHz was the magic number for GP32. The next speed that made a difference was 166.

It is smooth on the GP2X. Test it with Sonic 3 and Vectorman. The GP32 struggled with those, they got real framey. On the GP2X it is very smooth.

Remember this is an un optimised port running under *linux*. With some optimisation and HH mode this thing will be perfect.

I can't believe how good the screen looks (upgraded FW) The colors are so deep and rich with great contrast. I thought my GP32 BLU looked good but honestly the screen on the GP2X is way better.

Now hes an optimist. :p

Back