Drmd Beta 9

RichyX posted on Jul 23 2005 at 01:40 PM said:
shaddupayourface posted on Jul 23 2005 at 01:08 PM said:
Yay and hurrah ! Magic Turbo Flying Hat Adventure (probably also Decapattack) is now playable.

Decapattack gets to the game but the controls are screwed.
Graphics work perfectly now though at least

Last edited by a moderator:
the stupid turning-around bug on Ecco: Tides of Time is gone now. BOO-YEAH!

bourbon posted on Jul 24 2005 at 03:27 AM said:
Now lets all get are butts over to WarmFlufflyUKs site and change it up. :lol:

Bourbon

She needs to update it with Beta 9 first. The only versions of DrMD in the database right now are v1.0 and v2.0, and you don't want to be screwing with those (god forbid, maybe something works better in the old versions than in beta 9 - for example, the music in Ristar and some other games sounded better in v1.0 than in v2.0).

I'm VERY happy about this news! Mega Turrican especially! I'll try it out as soon as I get a chance. :)

Esn posted on Jul 24 2005 at 05:51 AM said:
bourbon posted on Jul 24 2005 at 03:27 AM said:
Now lets all get are butts over to WarmFlufflyUKs site and change it up.   :lol:

Bourbon

She needs to update it with Beta 9 first. The only versions of DrMD in the database right now are v1.0 and v2.0, and you don't want to be screwing with those (god forbid, maybe something works better in the old versions than in beta 9 - for example, the music in Ristar and some other games sounded better in v1.0 than in v2.0).

I'm VERY happy about this news! Mega Turrican especially! I'll try it out as soon as I get a chance. :)

Done! :)

Edit: Do you want me to port the Game status info from v2.0 into Beta 9?

Esn posted on Jul 24 2005 at 04:51 AM said:
for example, the music in Ristar and some other games sounded better in v1.0 than in v2.0).

I can fix this, but it would slow the emulator. I think I might add an "accurate sound" On/Off menu option. Currently I'm hacking a timer value in the FM emulaton which gives about an extra 4-5 fps but it does reduce the quality of sound slightly, if I emulate this timer correctly the sweet sound of v1.0 should return.

Thanks for pointing it out though, I've been waiting for someone to mention something. I've been working on the principal, "If they don't notice, then they don't mind" :).

@WarmFluffyUK: Thanks for updating your site, PM me an email address and I'll add it to my Beta distribution list.

Reesy posted on Jul 24 2005 at 07:22 AM said:
Esn posted on Jul 24 2005 at 04:51 AM said:
for example, the music in Ristar and some other games sounded better in v1.0 than in v2.0).

I can fix this, but it would slow the emulator. I think I might add an "accurate sound" On/Off menu option. Currently I'm hacking a timer value in the FM emulaton which gives about an extra 4-5 fps but it does reduce the quality of sound slightly, if I emulate this timer correctly the sweet sound of v1.0 should return.

Thanks for pointing it out though, I've been waiting for someone to mention something. I've been working on the principal, "If they don't notice, then they don't mind" :).

Hey, I've noticed for a long time now! :ph34r: I was a bit surprised, actually, because there were so many different settings for sound quality in v2.0 yet not one of them seemed to have that "sweetness" from v1.0. I'd certainly exchange a few FPS for better sound - the emulator was fast enough already for most games even in v1.0. Pardon me for not really understanding what you mean by "timers", since I'm not really a programmer. ;) I'll just take that to mean that you're working on it. :p

chris_r posted on Jul 23 2005 at 09:36 PM said:
RichyX posted on Jul 23 2005 at 01:40 PM said:
shaddupayourface posted on Jul 23 2005 at 01:08 PM said:
Yay and hurrah !  Magic Turbo Flying Hat Adventure (probably also Decapattack) is now playable.

Decapattack gets to the game but the controls are screwed.
Graphics work perfectly now though at least

Magical Hat has graphic glitches on the main character's bottom half on my 166mhz gp32. Some games like marble madness which worked on 2.0 now reset the gp32, can anyone else confirm they have the same problem.

Yea Ecco Jr works properly now - Guess fixed like Ecco Tides of Time,

Panorama Cotton still has Graphic Glitches (shame but at least more work now)

Thanks

[/quote]

------------------

I'll update this list as testing goes by... :)

- Asterix and The Power of The Gods - graphic issues (as on the latest DrMD)
- Asterix and The Great Rescue - graphic issues (as on the latest DrMD)
- Burning Force - more playable now. However, there are still graphic issues with flickering background.
- Akumajo Dracula - Graphic issues in the last level (screen divided in three slices that scroll a different times).
- GRIND Stormer - now runs fine :)
- Micro Machines - locks up after character is selected on head-to-head menu.
- Micro Machines 96 - runs fine now (it was previously unplayable due to opponent cars driving weird).
- Micro Machines 2 - runs fine now (it was previously unplayable due to opponent cars driving weird).
- Raiden - The game plays fine and the graphics are fine too - the only problem is that the screen looks "shifted" to the left and the scoreboard does not appear.
- Truxton / Tatsujin - same problem
- Super Bubble Bobble - lock up after the clouds appear in the title screen.
- Space Harrier 2 - Runs fine (it did not run with the previous beta)
- Space Invaders 91 - resets the GP32.

Back