Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

Mostly stays at 95% but sometimes becomes crazy and goes from 110% to 140% i think, because the value changes too fast to be read correctly... anyway after some seconds it returns stable to 95 and the sound returns right
Then you probably either have fast-forward on or have the speed limit set to something higher than 100%. You just don't notice it because it happens to not be capable of exceeding 100% normally.

Mostly stays at 95% but sometimes becomes crazy and goes from 110% to 140% i think, because the value changes too fast to be read correctly... anyway after some seconds it returns stable to 95 and the sound returns right
Then you probably either have fast-forward on or have the speed limit set to something higher than 100%. You just don't notice it because it happens to not be capable of exceeding 100% normally.
I confirm that fast forward is off, because if I activate it becomes way faster than that

If the "speed limit" is the "speed override", is set to "none"

EDIT:

I tried to put speed override to 50% but the game in general is a little slow, and anyway the speed show is always > 100%

if I put it at 150% the game is too fast... why there is no 100% ?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's probably really happening is that the audio buffer is falling behind then it starts turning off synchronization in order to give the emulator time to fill the buffer back up. This is the desired behavior, it helps prevent audio skips if the speed falls behind for just a bit. But for you it's consistently running at 95% which is well below 100%, so it falls too far behind. The frame regulation usually works a lot better than that for me, sticking very close to 100%. Do you have any idea if something could be interfering with the display refresh rate or audio sample rate (like a specified .asoundrc)?

What's probably really happening is that the audio buffer is falling behind then it starts turning off synchronization in order to give the emulator time to fill the buffer back up. This is the desired behavior, it helps prevent audio skips if the speed falls behind for just a bit. But for you it's consistently running at 95% which is well below 100%, so it falls too far behind. The frame regulation usually works a lot better than that for me, sticking very close to 100%. Do you have any idea if something could be interfering with the display refresh rate or audio sample rate (like a specified .asoundrc)?
If I remember correctly I did something like a year ago to activate the internal microphone, but nothing else, maybe should have done this some sound related pnd ?! I'll have a look

I tried to put "Frame skip value" to 5 (instead of 4), I don't know if it's used even as a limiter for "Automatic", but seems like that behaviour is less visible now

Will report if I find something weird in my system

In the meantime I have a request:

- A switch to disable the lid closed state, so to keep running a game with a closed pandora... in "Plants VS Zombies" should be useful with the "Zen Garden" level, where you just can wait for coins, doing nothing most of the time

- A switch to disable the lid closed state, so to keep running a game with a closed pandora... in "Plants VS Zombies" should be useful with the "Zen Garden" level, where you just can wait for coins, doing nothing most of the time
Probably falls under configurable controls in general. Which would be needed for USB gamepad input like some people want. Unfortunately I have a bunch of other stuff in front in the queue that has to be taken care of first :(

With the latest version from repo (i hadnt updated in a while), mario kart has some weird rendering issue (toad red dots end up as transparent holes for instance). It used to be fine.

Performance wise it seem pretty identical to before. 

Turn on the speed counters and see if it's reporting > 100% for the first number. Make sure you don't have fast-forward on.

This sounds exactly like what I was seeing with Lego StarWars. (though I haven't tried it recently)   the speed up was really noticeable because the music would surge in speed.

- Neelix

Exophase, minor graphical glitch - Scrabble Interactive 2007 Edition - The score that usually appears over the words when placed are rendered incorrectly

Just had a quick bash with Knytt Stories...

My life is complete, I can die happy. Knytt Stories fully playable on Drastic (and therefore Pandora) with only very minor sound glitches (probably my CC pandora unable to move quick enough) during screen transitions!

Many thanks :)

D.

Played around with it briefly and everything has been working very well. Thanks!

Just had a quick bash with Knytt Stories...My life is complete, I can die happy. Knytt Stories fully playable on Drastic (and therefore Pandora) with only very minor sound glitches (probably my CC pandora unable to move quick enough) during screen transitions!Many thanks :)D.
Aren't you still waiting for a ptitSeb to perfect his Mupen64 v2 for Mario64 as well :D

Just had a quick bash with Knytt Stories...My life is complete, I can die happy. Knytt Stories fully playable on Drastic (and therefore Pandora) with only very minor sound glitches (probably my CC pandora unable to move quick enough) during screen transitions!Many thanks :)D.
Aren't you still waiting for a ptitSeb to perfect his Mupen64 v2 for Mario64 as well :D
No, I gave up on Mupen64 v2 - the old version plays it just fine :)

D.

How do you get Knytt Stories to work?

I created a drastic_dldi.img in ../appdata/DraStic/ and copied the data/ folder from the .zip to the image. When I try to run it I just get

"Error: no dldi"

For the drastic_dldi.img I used my Pandora and followed the instructions in the DraStic readme. I noticed that I can only write to the mount directory using sudo, is that the problem?

You need an R4 patched ROM file, did you do that step?

Back