Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

Exophase

Nothing good will ever come of Exophase.
Read the readme first. If you don't want to read it in the PND read it here instead: http://www.drastic-ds.com/drastic_readme_pandora.txt

(you don't need BIOS images anymore, but if you already got them with a previous version you should probably keep using them)

Nintendo DS emulator for Pandora. Get it here. Read here for more information.

Compatibility list can be found here.

Update log (see the readme for change details)

r1.2.0.0p Released Feb 19, 2013.

r1.3.3.0p Released Mar 6, 2013. (replaced r1.3p, 1.3.1p and 1.3.2p released shortly before, fixes a regression)

r1.4.0.0p Released April 24, 2013

r2.0.0.0p Released June 23, 2013

r2.0.1.0p Released June 23, 2013 (small bug fix for load game crashes)

r2.1.0.0p Released August 5, 2013

r2.1.3.0p Released August 19, 2013

r2.1.6.0p Released September 16, 2013

r2.1.6.1p Released September 17, 2013

r2.2.0.0p Released December 30, 2013

r2.2.1.0p Released March 28, 2014

r2.3.0.0p Released March 17, 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated it to version r0.1p (PND version 1.1.0.0) to fix a bug causing some crashes.

probably going to be a little late for work today...

EDIT:

Managed to get Sonic Rush working nicely on my CC256MB.

Many games were "failing to erase data", however.

Just tried New Super Matio Bros. and it runs pretty good on my Classic Pandora

Bloody excellent. Only tried a few things, and some of them don't work, as expected (Advance wars turned ultra-slow as soon as the battlefield (and, I expect, the 3D engine) came into play. Still - Amazing work!

I'll need to find a way to take a hand on a drive stored at 6000km away to test (my kid cartridges dumps).

But congrats man what you have here is already such an achievement and I know you have evrythings in hand to make this jawbreaking.

I'm looking forward to play this in a fews months ;)

As notaz said in the other thread : release often and grow on the positives feedbacks ;)

Children of Mana work superp,many THX for releasing ^_^

Great work....i and the whole Community thank you for your hard work ;)

Edit: Amazing,tested Children of Mana on my Rebirth@600MHZ too and very Playable with Sound,

inclusive smoothly Introvideo.WOOOOOOOOOOW

Bloody excellent. Only tried a few things, and some of them don't work, as expected (Advance wars turned ultra-slow as soon as the battlefield (and, I expect, the 3D engine) came into play.
Yes it uses 3D heavily - haven't you been told to not complain about that?

Absolutely awesome! Thank you for your enormous dedication! Can't wait to try it out when I find time :)

This might be the Killer App of the Compo!

Bloody excellent. Only tried a few things, and some of them don't work, as expected (Advance wars turned ultra-slow as soon as the battlefield (and, I expect, the 3D engine) came into play.
He was just stating his experience, not complaining ;) I don't see anything wrong with that.

Congratulations. Great achievement. B)

PS: Just don't know when I will try this out. DS(i) hardware and software is still actively sold. Since I don't download such ROMs, it will probably take some time. Or I find a way to dump my own carts.
A Nintendo DS with a Flashcart and an FTP Server where you want to upload the dumped roms works :)

Hi ED we need in the Shop now such a USB Gadget for the Pandora

SMS2-02.jpg

When this work like the Retrode can we play our own Games over USB directly on the Pandora ;)

There is then no real need to dump Roms.

I wasn't in any way complaining - If anything, I tried to make the point that it worked as I expected, and I understood the reason for it.  I'm not always clear, though, so if it was misunderstood, I hereby try to rectify that :)

Just about to give this a try, noticed a minor issue with the readme :

nds_bios_arm9.bin 16KB

nds_bios_arm7.bin 4KB

The file sizes (or names) have been transposed, i.e. the arm 9 file should be 4KB & the arm 7 file should be 16KB in reality

Really pleased you decided to release this for the competition :)

Wow, tried it, quite a few good games are runny VERY VERY playable already :)

And that's without 3D optimization yet :D

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 has the weirdest graphical glitches I've ever seen on an LCD. Totally scrambled graphic :D

Awesome job :D

Haha, playing Professor Layton and Pandora's Box ON Pandora's Box is awesome ;)

Can anyone trying out games already share which ones work really playable? Might be handy for others as well as for a compatibility list!

Back