Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

probably going to be a little late for work today...

EDIT:

Managed to get Sonic Rush working nicely on my CC256MB.

Many games were "failing to erase data", however.
What games? It could be errors in game_database.xml, I've found it has some mistakes.

I thought I updated the readme with the errors and stuff.. bleh :/ The warning in the PND itself should be right though. I just updated the one I linked to in the first post since I did forget that one.
Not had time to verify yet - just leaving work - addicted to this thread! :p

But I'm going to put this down to filesystem corruption from a crash...so I'm going to try again when at home and hopefully these errors go away (Work PC did a check of my SD card...)

wow, even metroid plays pretty good, not perfect but somewhat playable, im suprised , im betting if there is lots that can be done with the 3d code alot of 3d stuff should eventually run great...

oh and lunar dragon song runs perfect so far.

In the EU version of "Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth"

When you examine the gun @ first case's investigation, and apparently you need to examine the gun's cylinder.

Doing so however does nothing.

I've uploaded save state here: http://cloudef.eu/armpit/aaimm_0.dss

Hi,

I just tried NSMB, and it works very well on my Rebirth Pandora @ 850MHz :D

Thank you very much Exophase !!!

Bye, Magic Sam

I've not used my DS in ages since getting my Pandora, this may be my reason to dig it out again.

Very impressive how complete the emulation is at this early stage.

Okay, now that's interesting.

Kingdom Hearts only crashes when you button mash after starting to skip the intro.

If you press buttons like a normal player, it works fine.

So button mashing can crash the emulator :)

More Brain Training gets to the first screen the rotates the view to portrait view and crashes back to desktop! So far Yoshi's Island DS and Super Princess Peach run very well at 1gHz

Kingdom Hearts only crashes when you button mash after starting to skip the intro.

If you could get an input capture of that it'd be great.

If you could get an input capture of that it'd be great.
With that script from WizardStan?

Sure, can do that tonight :)

So why am I the only one with a non working Emulator?

Yoshi's island gets to the intro movie but it says: "Unable to write data. Turn the power off and reinsert disk"

Game was the one I duped  from my DS cartridge and used in my flashcard.

New super Mario Bros: Could not erase data. Turn the power off and reinsert the game cart."

Not even title screen.

What's wrong with me?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, different topic:

Could you make .sav support, please. I don't want to play everything from the beginning.

Some interesting stuff:

The only game that works for me as far as I've tested is "Bleach Dark Souls".

If I take my .sav and rename it to .dsv and put it into drastic > backup folder I can use my old saved game.

If you want my .sav to see why renaming works here you may have it of course.

Will test more tomorrow.

Redownload everything and redump the firmware/bios.

As for other arm linux ports as mentioned in the readme, could a maemo compile be done? I have a friend who'd be interested.

So why am I the only one with a non working Emulator?

Yoshi's island gets to the intro movie but it says: "Unable to write data. Turn the power off and reinsert disk"

Game was the one I duped  from my DS cartridge and used in my flashcard.

New super Mario Bros: Could not erase data. Turn the power off and reinsert the game cart."

Not even title screen.
PokeParadox got the same problem.

Could it be these games need patches after being dumped, or maybe your filesystem is broken?

i don0't understand something about placement of bios files ..i putthem in drastic\system,but the emu still doesn't work and says that they must be in mnt\utmp\drastic\system...how am i supposed to do that since its impossible to create folders in umtp folder??

Not even title screen.
PokeParadox got the same problem.
Could it be these games need patches after being dumped, or maybe your filesystem is broken?
Emulator needs to know what type of save storage the game uses. That's specified in game_database.xml inside of .pnd, probably that file is missing entries for localized versions of those games.
i don0't understand something about placement of bios files ..i putthem in drastic\system,but the emu still doesn't work and says that they must be in mnt\utmp\drastic\system...how am i supposed to do that since its impossible to create folders in umtp folder??
That text is wrong, you need to put it at pandora\appdata\DraStic\system\ . Did you name the files correctly?

Last edited by a moderator:
AH OK sorted it out.tried jump ultimate stars..PERFECT.no errors,glitches or other stuff..speed is perfect on a first batch pandora...very very good so far!

Back