Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

There seems to be a division by 0 when exiting menu (to game or whatever), but it works fine if you load game through command line.

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be a division by 0 when exiting menu (to game or whatever), but it works fine if you load game through command line.
Yeah, I was suspecting something like that. Looks like it's because of the conversion I do for the speed override stuff. Thanks for finding this.

I updated the PND again (blindly, not tested), could someone try it? http://exophase.devzero.co.uk/drastic.pnd

seems working

EDIT: also tried the Assassin's Creed savestate that was crashing, and it works :)

Working now. Animal crossing has graphical corruption in the dialogs used when talking to other animals - the corner pieces are square blocks of craggy white. Also this version seems a little slower, but that could just be me.

D.

^ All my games I played before seem to still run properly after the latest version.

Great update Exophase. The fancy visual effects (going into buildings, medals, fly, battle intros) in Pokemon Black 2 are now rendered properly. So far stable at 1 Ghz as the (previously glitchy) transitions are where it would infrequently lock up before at this CPU speed. Thanks!

Someone's bound to ask; so i'll answer for all those whom are keen to play Mario and Luigi Bowsers iInside Story.

I'm pleased to report, where the game used to crash, is now playable. I haven't tested it enough yet to see if it crashes later. Haven't updated the wiki either. Will have to update a few entries soon because some games have gone through quite a few improvements.

Good job Exophase. Much appreciated.

Donkey Kong - Jungle Climber used to work perfectly on previous version, but now has serious graphical glitches.

Edit:  Same issue on the Shield.

Also this version seems a little slower, but that could just be me.
It seems to me like in this new version the two screens are rendered in different threads, so depending on how much is going on in each screen they will frameskip independently. Judging by when sound starts to stutter, overall speed seems pretty consistent with the last version, but it's a little early to say.

Donkey Kong - Jungle Climber used to work perfectly on previous version, but now has serious graphical glitches.

Edit:  Same issue on the Shield.
Looking into this, I'm surprised it ever worked. It'll be fixed in the next version though (probably a regression update version out tonight -_- )

No rush.  Pandorians are patient species.  Unlike Androidians who are more likely to easily go berserk.  And yes, DK used to work perfectly :D

Okay, I updated to 2.1.6.1p to address this and some other thing. God willing I didn't break anything else.

Yeah, this time even I tried several games first. Who knows when something will be broken though, there are thousands of games :(

The visual effects (going into buildings, medals, fly, battle intros) glitches in Pokemon Black 2 have returned in version 2161. Basically what happens is the screen turns mostly white and the graphics are all messed up during the transitions. This does not affect game play as things are normal after the transitions are complete. 2160 had fixed the glitches.  I am not complaining just providing feedback. Thanks again!

The visual effects (going into buildings, medals, fly, battle intros) glitches in Pokemon Black 2 have returned in version 2161. Basically what happens is the screen turns mostly white and the graphics are all messed up during the transitions. This does not affect game play as things are normal after the transitions are complete. 2160 had fixed the glitches.  I am not complaining just providing feedback. Thanks again!
It's because you have frameskip on. The reason why it went away in 2.1.6p is because there was a bug that wasn't frameskipping as much as it should have. Glitches with frameskip are unfortunately unavoidable (although I'm trying some things to mitigate them). If you try it w/o FS I think you'll see it go away. It'll be slow, of course.

Kind of surprised to hear anyone even plays Pokemon here. Where were you guys before I released on Android, I needed the bug reports ;)

Back