Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

Hi,

I've tested the emulator with several games and it's working nearly perfectly (really good job). But i've got one problem: the emulator crashes sometimes (the Pandora completely freezes). It's always in the first minutes playing (after about 2-7 minutes). Is it a common problem?

I'm using version 2.1.6.1p on a 1Ghz model (processor runs at 1Ghz speed).

I have never had any freezing issues with Drastic. Although I only play a handful of games so it could be game specific.

Are you running the latest 1.55 SuperZaxxon firmware?

Last edited by a moderator:
It can happen with games that enable the microphone. It's a problem with the kernel, I don't really know of anything I can do to alleviate it.

@Linux-SWAT Thanks, i might try it with the update this evening.

The games i had it crash on were GTA and Zelda phantom hourglass. Both games use the microphone.

I will also mention. 'Lost In Blue' occasionally crashes when attempting to light the fire in the cave, or when attempting to build something. These are the only parts of the game that utilize the microphone, so it's definite consistent with the microphone.

Hi,

no i'm still on 1.54 (I didn't update because everything was working fine so far).
LOL, me, too, running 1.54

I was under the impression 1.54 was to be the last release anyway.

I put some stuff into my NAND that is a pain in the butt, and I don't really want to lose, so, if 1.55 isn't REALLY NECESSARY, I, too, am resisting an update.

^

Right.

Pandora Menu > System > Upgrade Pandora OS

That does the job and you won't lose anything.

offtopic /Androd:

I just bought DraStic 4 Android. Actually, I tried cracked version, just because I have to be sure it will works with my cheapo tablet... And it is great!

Google Drive backup is great, and... in some things it really works better then "original"! I mean, you can turn on/off touch screen, resize one or both of the screens, save states are great...

And I found out those marvelous Picross 2D/3D... omfg I'm addicted!

All in all, greatest thing in last time, after Android port of the Adventure Game Studio.

I hope I'll upgrade to ED's 1ghz soon, and I hope that my GDrive game states will work too...

ontopic:

Thank you Exophase!

Yes, but it wasn't at Play when I tried to test. Cracked did work, but I bought it anyway  :)

edit: btw is it possible to play GBA games at DraStic?

User: "Hi Nintendo Company Ltd., I just tried an unofficial DS emulator with some pirated roms, just to be sure I like them, and I want to say ..."

Nintendo: "POLICE !! HE'S OVER THERE !!!"

Just want to give an advisory here..

The emulator got hit with a really bad problem - it wasn't reporting the month of October right in the RTC code (just this month, it's because a starts at 0 to starts at 1 offset happened in the wrong place in a BCD conversion, astute readers can probably figure out the rest). Now most games that use the RTC will just report a bad time but the Pokemon games, with their wonderfully robust coding, are totally freaking out and crashing and stuff over this. Of course this was a critical emergency and we realized it before it was even October 1 in most of the world and made a quick update on Android that only fixes this.. and we'll probably still have to deal with the fallout all month from people who don't update. But I'm posting this here because I know most of you aren't that obsessed with Pokemon and can wait a few more days for the next real version instead of getting an emergency fix. But if you ARE playing a game that goes crazy over this you can 1) change your clock to another month for the time being and 2) complain to me, if it's a big problem I'll release a quick fix here too.

Back