Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

The world ends with you it`s a bit laggy on intro and crashes shortly after start - Pandora 1GHz

pokemon heartgold crashes in first room, as posted earlier

pokemon pearl/diamond surprisingly seems to run near perfect though. during battles and inside buildings the game runs at full speed. walking outside is a little bit slower but not much, and no grafical glitches.

I created a page on the wiki for compatibility, I did it quickly so if you can think of better ways to report compatibility or format it go right ahead. :) I added some of the games I tested, I don't have time to do a whole lot right now but it should be a good start.

http://pandorawiki.org/DraStic_Compatibility_List

edit: I went with the repo version number (1.1.0.0), but if you'd rather we use the internal one instead (r0.1p) that would be a quick fix.
You need to add:

- Version number of Drastic

- Frameskip as a column

- Frequency as a column, and simply put a "Model" column for people to mention the Pandora model they are using.

By the way, I would Never consider something with Frameskip 4 to be full speed.

- Frameskip as a column

- Frequency as a column, and simply put a "Model" column for people to mention the Pandora model they are using.

I was trying to avoid having multiple rows for each game by putting them all in one row, but that way is probably better. And you're probably right about frameskip, absolute fullspeed should reflect 0 frameskip needed.

- Frameskip as a column

I was trying to avoid having multiple rows for each game by putting them all in one row, but that way is probably better. And you're probably right about frameskip, absolute fullspeed should reflect 0 frameskip needed.
By the way I did the changes already in the wiki after mentioning them :)

I played a little New Super Mario Bros. and in level 2-3 I saved (to save slot 0) and than the emulator crashed... whenever I load that save-file the emulator crashes again.

The in-game-save file was gone after that ( I didn't delete it ).

I have a Classic Pandora btw and the game is the european version.

Did sombody else play that far in the game ?
Not yet... will be there soon to confirm.

I played a little New Super Mario Bros. and in level 2-3 I saved (to save slot 0) and than the emulator crashed... whenever I load that save-file the emulator crashes again.

The in-game-save file was gone after that ( I didn't delete it ).

I have a Classic Pandora btw and the game is the european version.

Did sombody else play that far in the game ?
Not yet... will be there soon to confirm.
Do u use the european or the US version ? And wich pandora do u have?

btw: The boss level ( bowser castle ) was verry slow on my pandora, same for you ?

Ok I tried Castlevania again:

Dawn of sorrow doesn't recognize my sav file.

Portrait of ruin works with sav file but slow

Order of Ecclesia hangs after intro.

(EU version in Giga Pandora).

Menu controll:

If I press "X" in the Emulator main menu while a game is running it should close the menu (similar to PCSXreARMed).

Made some TV-out test.

It stretches the picture to the whole screen no matter which setting you chose.

So if I have the screens above each other it's some heavily stretched picture.

It needs HW-scaler.

I don't have a picture on the Pandora when the Emulator starts, only on the TV. Don't know why it disables the Pandora screen.

Else it runs nicely.

there's another verison around or its just the first release?because on the repo it says 1.0 etc while on the about menu of the emu its says r0p..

Some stats so far based on the wiki compatibility list:

35 games work full speed or slower so far.

22 games either do not run or have a severe flaw preventing full functionality.

More than 60% games working (somehow) is pretty good for a first emulator release.

And in total, about one third of games already work full speed. Very nice so far.

Maybe the wiki should be sorted alphabetically, it's quite a mess ?

Etryan Odissey 1.1.0.0 - 33MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : Playable

Mario Kart DS 1.1.0.0 - 33MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,250Ghz : slow, better without sound

Pokemon 2 Black - 1.1.0.0 - 536MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : white screen, won't work

Pokemon 2 White - 1.1.0.0 - 536MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : white screen, won't work

Last edited by a moderator:
Back