Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

some notes:

some games have that dreaded ap protection,so all they show is a white screen when you run them,,but at least they don't crash,so if exophase gets around it using desmume routines(which runs ap protected games flawlessly)it will make the number of working games even higher

some games requires the touchpad to control the character exclusively,i.e using the dpad as a 8 way analog joystick..again,if exophase could set one of the analog nub to emulate those movements,it would be great

About Tetris DS, works OK but crashes when you select "multiplayer" in the menu. I believe this does not even do hardware checks at that point since it should first redirect you to another menu.
I just checked Tetris DS on my actual DS Lite. It does indeed start the wifi hardware as soon as you load the multiplayer menu.

- Neelix

Maybe the wiki should be sorted alphabetically, it's quite a mess ?

Etryan Odissey 1.1.0.0 - 33MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : Playable

Mario Kart DS 1.1.0.0 - 33MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,250Ghz : slow, better without sound

Pokemon 2 Black - 1.1.0.0 - 536MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : white screen, won't work

Pokemon 2 White - 1.1.0.0 - 536MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : white screen, won't work
I added those.

One confirmation : for etryan, playable is full speed or is it slower than full speed?

As for Pokemon Black 2 (and White); I believe these games cannot run because they would exceed the RAM limits. Too big.

About Tetris DS, works OK but crashes when you select "multiplayer" in the menu. I believe this does not even do hardware checks at that point since it should first redirect you to another menu.

I just checked Tetris DS on my actual DS Lite. It does indeed start the wifi hardware as soon as you load the multiplayer menu.

- Neelix
Thanks for checking. So any wifi activity is out for now, I guess?

2338 - Etryan Odissey - 1.1.0.0 - 33MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : a bit laggy, but playable.

0017 - Ridge Racer - 1.1.0.0 - 33MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : a bit laggy, but playable. Background is black. Sound is choppy.

0018 - Warioware touched - 33MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : Works almost full speed.

0021 - Project Rubbed - 33MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : touch screen doesn't work.Sound is choppy.

0022 - Super Mario 64 DS - 16MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : slow and graphic bugs

0023 - StarWars Episode 3 - 33MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : perfect

0024 - Robots - 33MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : crash at the first screen

0031 - Polarium - 8 MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : perfect

0041 - NFS 2 - 33MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : graphic bugs, slow but playable. Sound is choppy.

0048 - Mr Driller - 16MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : perfect

0049 - Sprung The Dating game - 33MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : perfect

0051 - Retro Atari Classics - 16MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : perfect

0052 - Another Code - Two memories - 33MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : 3d scenes are slow and sound is choppy. 2D scenes are slow sometimes.

0179 - Lost In blue - 67MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : graphic bugs, crash at the beginning of the game on the beach.

3440 - Y's Book I & II - 134MB - Pandora 1 Ghz - 1,2Ghz : slow and choppy but almost playable.

some notes:

some games have that dreaded ap protection,so all they show is a white screen when you run them,,but at least they don't crash,so if exophase gets around it using desmume routines(which runs ap protected games flawlessly)it will make the number of working games even higher

some games requires the touchpad to control the character exclusively,i.e using the dpad as a 8 way analog joystick..again,if exophase could set one of the analog nub to emulate those movements,it would be great
Most of the games that don't start (Ghost Trick, Monster Tale, Kirby's Mass Attack, Sonic Colors, Radiant Historia, I'm sure many others) were due to missing no more than a "1" in in a single memory byte on boot (because the firmware put it there). I imagine this isn't real anti-piracy protection but is there for some other reason.

Too bad it took me hours of looking at a trace I generated from desmume to actually realize this :/ Haven't tested these on Pandora yet so I don't know which now work or not, getting to that today.

great work exophase and thanks for all your time and hard work spent on this. thanks also to everyone testing / updating the wiki game list, hope i get some free time to test a few myself today, great work

Can anybody confirm this : In New Super Mario Bros. the bowser castle levels are really slow.

Another thing:  the emulator crashed when I loaded a save-file ( slot0 ) in level 2-3.

There are different types of anti piracy protection. For example, Heart Gold will purposely crash/freeze often and I think your pokemon don't gain any exp. Chrono Trigger DS will freeze after going through the first portal. There are patches for these though.

Added ID field.

Is it possible that DraStic read and display the ID when the game starts ?

There are different types of anti piracy protection. For example, Heart Gold will purposely crash/freeze often and I think your pokemon don't gain any exp. Chrono Trigger DS will freeze after going through the first portal. There are patches for these though.
 Just because an emulator or even flash cart doesn't handle something doesn't necessarily mean it's an anti-piracy measure. It's hard to tell for sure..

Linux-SWAT said:
Added ID field.

Will you settle for a display in the menu after the game's loaded? That's a lot easier to implement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a bit more luck redumping my ROMs (And not trimming them.)

I've had no luck continuing the sav files from my flash card.

Also Trimming ROMs - may help the memory problem a little? (Not as much rom to load in RAM)

Added ID field.

What is the point of that id field? It is a game compatibility list, not a registry of all existing DS games. I, for one, will not waste any time to get that number when testing for performance, but if you care you are welcome to fill all the numbers.

Added ID field.

What is the point of that id field? It is a game compatibility list, not a registry of all existing DS games. I, for one, will not waste any time to get that number when testing for performance, but if you care you are welcome to fill all the numbers.
Games are identified by an unique ID. It's good to have that kind of information for serious testing. Of course, you are allowed not to be serious ;) .

@ekianjo: Given the diferences between different versions of the same game this can be very useful. I'd like to know what version of 999 crashed for you for example. I was never able to replicate the problem you described but that may have been because Exophase had already fixed it in the build I was using when I first tried it, or it may have been because you played a different version.

- Neelix

Back