Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

The save file type should be identical to the US version so run it through a ds rom checking/verification tool, find the CRC32 number, and edit game_database.xml accordingly

More Brain Training gets to the first screen the rotates the view to portrait view and crashes back to desktop!
Exophase already found and fixed that issue. I believe the fixed version is in the repo already, so try downloading it again.
- Neelix

game_database.xml has info for most games that were dumped by DS release groups (all but the most recent ones). If your dumps don't work there's probably something off with them, for instance maybe they're truncated. Look at the stdout to see if it reported a match or not.

Here's my compatibility list so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjaUH3i3W6R8dHNOb3RncmR1TXV2RnRKMnMtcmpQY3c&usp=sharing

For all of the ones that do not boot, I have tried all the various patches and whatnot for them as well as correctly changing the CRC each time.

The main ones that I request are Kirby Mass Attack and WarioWare D.I.Y., both of which have anti-piracy stuff. (and of course getting the Phoenix Wright bugs fixed as well)
Thanks, this should be helpful.

About this comment regarding WarioWare DIY: "Wont load, seems a shame as you added nand emulation for a game that wont even boot" - I don't think I actually have support for its save type. Something I need to look into more.

Excited to finally try this out! Looking at all the posts, it's a lot farther along than you give yourself credit for! From what I can tell:

Digimon World DS seems fullspeed everywhere (CC, 950MHz, frameskip off) (And I'd venture a guess that Dawn/Dusk both work as well, they're more or less the same game but it's possible, but doubtful, that they do some unseen 3D stuff)

N+ is mostly fullspeed (CC, 950MHz, frameskip 4)

Pokemon Heart Gold ran pretty well, despite being 128MB and using some 3D, until the intro ended. Once you were in your room, though, there were graphical glitches and eventually it crashed (CC, 950MHz, frameskip 4)

Line Rider DS was a little bit laggy, generally 70-80%, but playable (CC, 950MHz, frameskip 4)

Dragon Quest Monsters, a 128MB and fully-3D game, ran admirably around 30-60%, playable for the patient (CC, 950MHz, frameskip 4)

I tried some others but they didn't run, probably due to the patching I need for my flashcart to work, so I'll try to find unpatched versions (mostly Phoenix Wrights and Laytons, which should work to some degree). Otherwise I'll try to investigate what went wrong. Awesome job so far, and good luck in the compo!

edit: I'll try to rig up a make-shift tripod and try some videos tomorrow, would love to show off how well it runs on just a CC Panda so far :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work as usual, Exophase!

Bug report:

Sonic Colors DS hard-crashes instantly after loading the ROM.

Edit: By "hard-crashes", I mean it just exits immediately, not that it locks up the Pandora.

I report that ace attorney JP versions are working very nicely so far.

About Tetris DS, works OK but crashes when you select "multiplayer" in the menu. I believe this does not even do hardware checks at that point since it should first redirect you to another menu.

Reporting on a 512Mb Rebirth Pandora, at 600 Mhz:

Not working:

Kirby Mass Attack does not even start: stuck on white screen.

Ghost Trick: makes the emulator crash completely.

999: 9 hours, 9 Persons, 9 doors: crashes after the first few company logos. Too bad because the game should not use much 3D since it's very much a 2D adventure game with static screens...

Working but slow:

Disgaea DS: works, but very slow (expected, 3D)

Working well:

Chrono Trigger: works very nicely.

OK, that's wiered:

File system is ok. I redumped it.

I was using the Europe .nds file.

It's the file I that worked in my flashcard and was dumped from the original game by myself (testeed right now).

It doesn't work with DraStic but on my Flashcard.

I got an other European version and it works now.

Even the .sav is good if I rename it to .dsv.

What's wrong with the .nds file I dumped. It works on the flashcard.

Firmware is the same.

Ok, still on rebirth at 600 mhz

do not work

layton and the last time travel: (jap) wierd glitches all over the screens, unplayable.

mario and bowser: mini games mayhem: reaches the title screen then freezes apparently after selecting the save file.

Here's my compatibility list so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjaUH3i3W6R8dHNOb3RncmR1TXV2RnRKMnMtcmpQY3c&usp=sharing

For all of the ones that do not boot, I have tried all the various patches and whatnot for them as well as correctly changing the CRC each time.

The main ones that I request are Kirby Mass Attack and WarioWare D.I.Y., both of which have anti-piracy stuff. (and of course getting the Phoenix Wright bugs fixed as well)
please indicate your testing conditions

which pandora?

frequency/overclock?

and whether the game runs full speed or not

Thanks!!

Awesome work. Started playing Mega Man ZX with rebirth@800MHz, so far working nicely as others have reported.

Looking forward to the support for alternate display configurations Exophase mentioned earlier. Would love one with left screen maximized (with correct aspect ratio) and left screen top right.

This is an amazing piece of software! :eek:

Just fired up my beloved Tetris DS (the best Tetris game I have played by now) and it just works! :lol:

(Guess it's time to find out how to dump all those DS games I own now... ) B)

digimon wolrd dawn and dusk works perfectly.also capcom vs snk card clash works perfect.brain academy just crash and goes back to desktop,maybebecause its size and my pandora being a first batch

Tested about 50 Games I had at home.

Dumped from original DS cardridge and used on my Flash card.

Didn't do any patch.

Had  3more bad roms such as Yoshi's island.

Don't know why they don't work on DraStic?

I also reported if it helps to rename the.sav to.dsv.

It worked for lots of games.

It's all German Games with German Firmware and Bios files dumped from my original Nintendo Ds (not Dsi).

As some Games were a bad dump I can start and play Games like Kingdom Hearts? Maybe because it's German version?

I did my best to be as clear as possible.

Hopefully it helps a little.

DraSticAskarus Compatibility List.txt

Attachments

• DraSticAskarus Compatibility List.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 515
Tested about 50 Games I had at home.

Dumped from original DS cardridge and used on my Flash card.

Didn't do any patch.

Had some bad roms such as Yoshi's island.

Don't know why they don't work on DraStic?

I also reported if it helps to rename the.sav to.dsv.

It worked for lots of games.

It's all German Games with German Firmware and Bios files dumped from my original Nintendo Ds (not Dsi).

As some Games were a bad dump I can start and play Games like Kingdom Hearts? Maybe because it's German version?

I did my best to be as clear as possible.

Hopefully it helps a little.
Seems like your file is not available anymore?

Back