Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

I just purchased the android version and noticed a strange issue with Zelda Spirit Tracks that isn't present in the pandora port. In the intro video thing (the fancy 3d scene with zelda's ghost flying around before you get to file select), the screens are reversed EXCEPT for the touch to start overlay. The bottom half of the train is on the top screen and vice versa.
Turn off the threaded 3D option.

One more issue. Cheat support. Cheats that are in the "root" of the cheat "folder" for each game wont show up. For most games only the Backlight Codes "folder" shows up with another "folder" below it called titled Assorted. Tapping Assorted will return to the menu screen and crash the emulator.

I've also been noticing another issue with Summon Night X: Tears Crown. Its that there is flickering in the Opening Video that's played when the game is started.

I tryed some Games out: Jam Session 1 and 2 works both great,
Also Wario Ware Touched, Korg DS10, Giana Sisters DS, 42 Alltime Classik s New Super Mario Bros, Mario 64 DS, Disgaea ds, Chrono Trigger,
But GTA China town wars and Yoshis Island Ds ditnt work..
Its a CC Pandora, maybe this is the reason..

But great work, DS Games on the Pandora are nice to have..

Unzip them, probably they wont fit in the RAM (when you don't unzip them they are stored in the RAM). Mario 64 DS works fine on rebirth pandora.

I have chinatown wars as original DS Game, and as PSP Version on the Vita
So i think i try an other rip...

But as this would cost a lot time because my lahme internetz,
I play this game on the 3dsxl..
On the Pandora, i prefer to have some casual ds games for waitingtimes..

Make sure you have the latest version of DraStic - recent updates have improved compatiblity a lot, and Chinatown Wars was known to run quite slowly in places until recently. That said, I've not heard of it not running at all, if that's your problem.

Gta runs, but its flickers at the Intro.., an ingame until i disable the sound.. a nother rom from the game dit made the same..
Anywhey, i ditnt need too play the Game on Pandora, as i have it also on vita and 3ds..

It might be a region problem.

I'm surprised to hear about issues with Yoshi's Island, since that was the first game that ran well on Pandora :/

Maybe because the circuit co board had not enought ram..
I made a Swapfile onmy "Android only Card" in slot 2.. maybe this works..
Or i disable the sound until the intro is over..

Yoshi island DS worked perfectly for me too (great game by the way) With my 1ghz Pandora, running at 900mhz though, there's a little flickering; so keep trying with Yoshi island if you're trying different configs ect. Do you have the most recent version? DraStic, r2.1.0p

I made a Swapfile onmy "Android only Card" in slot 2.. maybe this works.. Or i disable the sound until the intro is over..
Swap space cannot make things faster. It necessarily slows things down because swap is slower than RAM. If it didn't work before but adding swap allows it to work then it was a lack of RAM and the swapfile did indeed help, but if it was working before but "slow", adding swap either do nothing or make it worse.

I got myself Contra 4 (man these Rambo like guys suck, I wan't my Probotector bots back) but have a strange problem:

The game makes use of both screens to display the levels, so the only way to play this game is to have the screens aligned vertically. But if I do so, it seems that some part of the upper part of the lower screen is either covered by the upper screen or simply chopped of.

Are there options to configure the individual screens positions ?

Nothing's covered, just on the real DS it takes into account the gap between the two screens. So they're properly spaced apart but the space is still a blind spot.

Nothing's covered, just on the real DS it takes into account the gap between the two screens. So they're properly spaced apart but the space is still a blind spot.
Hmm thats strange, as it looks like the picture is scrolling upwards into the next screen, but missing some part of it => an objects appears above and I make my way upward, with the graphics slowly "descending" from the upper screen down to the lower screen, there is a small timeframe, where the object isn't visible neither on the upper nor on the lower screen.Is that supposed to happen ? I'll guess I have to try in on my DS, to find out.

Back