Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

Awesome work!  All my games are now quite playable.  That now includes one that previous weren't like.

MM - Break 'EM

Mario & Luigi - Bowsers Inside Story

Mario vs Donkey kong 2 - March of the Minis

Phineas and Ferb

These are all now playable on CC (some with some frame ship).

Exophase: Have you tried figuring out the reason for this problem?
The game is Japanese-only, it's kind of impossible for me to test without a savestate and instructions on how to do it.

If you're using a translation patch then that could be related to the problem.
A savestate is attached (remove the .txt at the end of the filename). To save the game, do the following:

1. Press B in front of the glowing statue.

2. Select the first option and press B.

Attachments

• snx-tc_0.dss.txt
    1.8 MB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Exophase for this release.  GTA-CW plays exellent now.  Minor hickups here and there but excellent!

Edit:  Very Very minor hickups.

A savestate is attached (remove the .txt at the end of the filename). To save the game, do the following:

Okay, it seems to work if I set the save size to 0x8000 instead of 0x2000. But this was just found by trial and error so it may not be totally right.

You can override the game database by putting this file in the appdata/DraStic directory:

http://exophase.devzero.co.uk/game_database.xml

But you should delete it after the next version is released.

Okay, it seems to work if I set the save size to 0x8000 instead of 0x2000. But this was just found by trial and error so it may not be totally right.

You can override the game database by putting this file in the appdata/DraStic directory:

http://exophase.devzero.co.uk/game_database.xml

But you should delete it after the next version is released.
The change in its entry in the database fixed this issue :)

Hey Exophase, where can I put my own cheat files?

I have added some cheats to my flash card and would like to use them as well.

Firmware configuration works good for now  :) .

BTW:

Could you please add a watch and Battery status to the menu?

It's pretty useful.

You can add cheats by putting an override usrcheat.dat in the appdata directory. Download the database file and the cheat editor utility from the link I gave in the readme.

I'll try to add battery level for the next release.

I'll check the readme.

Please add a watch.

If I'm in train or have a break at work then it's nice to be able to check the time fast.

It's much more usefl than one might think.

Battery is also nice for lng sessions, but time is more important for me.

I'd just like to add my thanks for this latest update.  It seems to have eliminated the graphical glitch in Picross 3D (though it seems I forgot to note that on the wiki), and I'm just testing out Picross DS to see if the very minor glitch is still there.  MarioKart runs at about the same speed although I think the frame rate on Shroom Ridge might be a bit more consistent (or I'm re-learning the pattern of the traffic more quickly than I expected).  Even the weird skipping bug on Ivy the Kiwi is eliminated now.

I'll test out the rest of the entries I did on the wiki to check for regressions, but as is it's looking like a decent step forward.

To add to that can this also be optionally be displayed like the fps overlay?
I wasn't planning on it. This doesn't seem like something you'd need plastered on the screen all the time, more something you'd just want to go in the menu to check.. I don't think I'd want an option like the FPS display, because people would probably end up constantly enabling and disabling it instead, meaning more work going through the menu. I guess if I had to give an active display option I'd make something that only comes up when you don't press buttons for a while but even that seems iffy to me..

I wasn't planning on it. This doesn't seem like something you'd need plastered on the screen all the time, more something you'd just want to go in the menu to check.. I don't think I'd want an option like the FPS display, because people would probably end up constantly enabling and disabling it instead, meaning more work going through the menu. I guess if I had to give an active display option I'd make something that only comes up when you don't press buttons for a while but even that seems iffy to me..
Right, in the menu is good.

Having it on the screen while playing would be annoying.

BTW: Spyro: Shadow Legacy (EU-Version) is good now :) .

Right, in the menu is good.

Having it on the screen while playing would be annoying.
Boo... fair enough - but I always found the similar feature super useful in ZSNES... (I had a habit of letting hours fly by until I enabled the clock display...)

Nice new feature, the Firmware editor so yiu can change the Language without using an external Editor. :) Now I just need a bigger Emulator Menu Font, it's still so tiny. ^^""

Performance seems to be also getting better and better, when I look at the old compatibility list and see that Advance Wars DS was bareley playable even with OC andn ow it is fluid even on my 600MHz CC Pandora without OC, then I would call it an big success. (We really need a more up to date list, the new one is still pretty empty, by the way).

The current wiki page is pretty up-to-date (no entries have been made about this latest revision yet, but we're up to date with the major speed up in 2.0.0.1). It's not very complete, but it's up to date as far as it goes. We've not had contributions from the people who built up most of the previous list yet. Hopefully a few people with big collections will come along soon.

Great Giana Sisters plays smooth as a baby's bum now, on my CC unit @800MHz Great work.

D.

I can test games and get a rough idea on how well they work. playing a game right through to make sure the whole game is playable however takes a fare bit of time. for example Zelda phantom hour glass seems perfect, but as long as that close lid functionality isn't available in the emulator, the game can't be regarded perfect on the wiki.

as an additional note. lost in blue wasn't playable 2 versions ago but is near flawless now on my 1ghz, clocked to 900 mhz (likely will run at less, that's just my default speed). I'm playing now and will try to play the whole game through to add to the wiki. very addictive game. gotta use the native save system though, save states ruin the experience. highly recommend this game to others.

Believe it or not, I've not played all the way through that I've entered on the wiki. I try to play them for a few hours, to get a decent way in to the single player and try out a few representative scenarios, but all entries are open to improvement if I find bugs on playing through further.

This can lead to confusion. The World Ends With You is currently written up as OK, though it's cloured orange. That's because two of us have tested it - I started, and got a crash at the end of the first day. Someone else (possibly Double7, but it's a bit late to check) played past that point fine, and rewrote it up as passing. But since then I've had a crash during the second day too. I need to test that again on this new version, as it seems a lot more accurate than previous versions, and if I can get from the start to the end of the second day without a crash, I'll mark it green.

Back