Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

FWIW, don't worry about putting a bug only you can reproduce on the wiki list. Just sign the entry with your username so it can be followed up if needed, and hopefully in the mean time someone will come along and try to reproduce the problem on their unit.

Wow gettint better and better.

Very good work from you Exophase.

See here GTA Chinatown Wars playable(only little slowdowns)
I'm sure next update Exophase releases will enable GTA Chinatown Wars run in full speed  ;)  just like his second release which is night and day in terms of speed compared to the first release

I'm sure next update Exophase releases will enable GTA Chinatown Wars run in full speed  ;)  just like his second release which is night and day in terms of speed compared to the first release
I'm sure there's still a lot of room for improvement, but it doesn't work like that - as releases come out, the speed increases will become much more narrow in terms of application and the increments will get smaller.

That said, I'm looking forward to the few glitches in speed in Animal Crossing to be addressed (screen transitions in/out of buildings mainly) and then I'll be mist happy :)

D.

I'm sure there's still a lot of room for improvement, but it doesn't work like that - as releases come out, the speed increases will become much more narrow in terms of application and the increments will get smaller.

That said, I'm looking forward to the few glitches in speed in Animal Crossing to be addressed (screen transitions in/out of buildings mainly) and then I'll be mist happy :)

D.
I managed to get my original save for Animal Crossing working - It was full of weeds, but I had lots of interest of bells!

I also asked this in the Android port thread, but it might have been overlooked, so:

Is there going to be a Scale2x option in the next version? Judging from one of the Android videos, it seems to have been added, so I'm guessing it's also going to be in the Pandora version? :)

This option is only available in the Android version, if the device specs are high enough (at least dual-core), so on devices with Pandora like specs, it won't be possible either.

Yes, and for the Pandora version that would be a better choice, but i think you would make Exophase happy, if you wouldn't request it ;)

Because he has his head deep in the Android port right now? Or because it's a pain in the *** to program? ;)

Hey, not all games use 100% CPU, you know. Scale2x might be interesting for the Ace Attorney games, for example.

Yes, and for the Pandora version that would be a better choice, but i think you would make Exophase happy, if you wouldn't request it ;)
Ahem - Exophase, I hereby request, under royal decree, the world renowned feature of Scale2xicus Maximus neonicus! *Trumpet fanfare sounds* :D

I would like to suggest a larger Emulator Menu (font)? It's so tiny and my eyes are not the best, I would recommend to double the menu size so it is better readable. ^^

I would like to suggest a larger Emulator Menu (font)? It's so tiny and my eyes are not the best, I would recommend to double the menu size so it is better readable. ^^
What!  I thought fusion power is the strongest of all and you can't see small?   :D   Suggest Gravity_Power  :p

Hi there, I just found out about this emulator. I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but is it possible for DraStic to increase the internal rendering resolution of polygonal games, as is the case with high level emulators for PSX, N64, Dreamcast, PSP, PS2, Wii etc?

I had been disappointed that every DS emulator I knew of can only render games at 256x192 (the resolution of the DS screen), until I read an article in which the author explained that increasing the resolution for DS emulators is trickier than it is for other systems, because of the way the DS handles 2D and 3D elements separately. But the author managed to implement a method of doubling the horizontal and vertical resolution in Desmume as a proof of concept, and although it ended up only outputting a quarter of the frame, the output was still much sharper than native resolution.

I'm familiar with Exophase's work on gPSP, and I know he's an excellent coder. Has he managed to implement high resolution rendering in DraStic, or does he plan on attempting it in the future? If so, is there any chance of the emulator being ported to PC? I'm really curious to see how DS games would look running in ultra high resolutions.

Back