Release DosBox EX - Ultimate

db7400820d899d127fa3055abe51981a.png

New options:

- Custom game rating

- Lan Play [with other pandora user and/or PC]

- Cheating in dosbox games..

Hello CB he does not rekonize the iso file in the game directory what i am doing wrong?

Looks great! Thanks.
Did you manage to add the nubs as mouse functionality?

Isn`t it because D drive is normally the cd drive?
Yes i know but i install the game on the pc then i copy the files to my pandora with the iso file,Its much easier plus on the pandora the : key doesn't work

it works , it works:

check the documentation of dosbox ex:

Keys:
[Left Shoulder] + ENTER => correct fullscreen aspect [strongly advised to using it]
[Left + Right Shoulder Button] + Q => Quit DosBox and load/show EX Launcher
[Left Shoulder Button] + ; + Fn => :
[Left + Right Shoulder Button] + 1..0 => numeric keyboard 
[Left Shoulder Button] + W => Right Mouse Click 
- Joystick mapped to d-pad + A/B
- D+Pad + A/X/B/Y => Arrows + CTRL/ALT/SHIFT/SPACE

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks CB (I should read more ;)  ) I thought the readme was more windows version related

+ Added option to set game as: [ not working / working with touchscreen / working with no mouse / working but with issues.. ]

hello, i really have difficults to use games with mouse.

For example with "fragile allegiance" i have to move the mouse to menu choices and to play. The mouse pointer can be very difficult to move with the stylus (nub is not possible) because the position is not the one of the stylus.

why is there a so big difference between position of stylus and pointer? is it correctable? thx

Because every dos game develops game own mouse refresh rate. Some games follow standards , some not. These games that uses non standard refresh rate cant be synced properly in all variations of dosbox on pandora.. imo its not correctable for wider scope of dos games. Of course this could be hacked for particular game.

so is it possible to use the nubs to "push" the pointer?  with that, it won't have problem of positions. what do you think about this?

Is that new gui in the last version? the one I got from the repo doesn't include this... or I'm doing something wrong?

New version in repo: 
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=dosbox-ex-app

From now on , there will be 2 versions of DosBox EX: 

Freeware: and  Donators Edition:

(Freeware)

bf10bb04ed2fe47558b484b49cec6c38.png

(Donator Edition)

6178bc39761efa2426c26a1c8319160b.png

How to get a Donator Edition? Easy, just donate any sum You want to my PayPal account [check ABOUT button in DosBox EX] and send me an email. You'll receive Donators Edition Version

Whats new in v11.20:
- Renaming and Deleting directories [Donators Edition]
- Quick and Easy Importing game screens [Donators Edition]
- Quick and Easy Importing Manual/FAQ files [Donators Edition]
- Set Rating and Status settings [Donators Edition]
- Easy Editing Manual/FAQ file [Donators Edition]
- Using game specific custom Mappers [Donators Edition]
- Pandora specific keys implemented in GUI
    -> Left Shoulder - View Manual/FAQ FIle
    -> Right Shoulder - Show GameScreen
    -> Select - Show GameScreen
    -> Start - Start Game

- Quick and Easy LAN Play with other dosbox clients
- Cheating in DOS games easily

- Enabling/Disabling internal DosBox mouse emulator [its perfect for most games where touchscreen is desynced, usually cursor is operated by D-PAD, eg: Die Hard II, most point and click games] per game

- Easy Enabling/Disabling joystick per game

- Easy Enabling/Disabling XMS/EMS Memory per game [needed for some games: eg SoccerKid or Wrath to Earth]

- Easy Create LAN play [if game supports it eg: F-16, Retaliator and many more..] 

- Predefined switch to AT 16Mhz speed for pre 90's games [eg MidWinter I and Midwinter II]

- A lot of new imporovements in gui

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the easiest way to get screen grabs for the GUI?

The easiest way is SURPRISE, SURPRISE :D , download from MyAbandonware or make 'em in PC DosBox [Ctrl + F6 i think]

Download a gamescreen [*.png] from MyAbandonware, copy to SD Card and import it straight from DosBox EX [with Donate Edition]

or 

Download a gamescreen [*.png] from MyAbandonware, copy to SD Card and copy to game directory if using Thunar if you're using DosBox EX [freeware Edition]

Back