Does Toshiba 2.5" Store Art Hdd Work?

TitanUranus

I really need to buy another HDD for storage and portability (not exclisivley for the Pandora, but it would be useful if it worked on it too). I've been considering getting a 1TB Toshiba 2.5" StorE Art, has anyone tried one of these, or indeed any similar toshiba HDD on the Pandora and does it work? The USB compatibility wiki is a bit shit right now, maybe it needs updating. Then again maybe more people need to get pandoras before it can be updated. For now, any information would be welcome.

It's just a USB drive. There's no fear of compatibility there.
The big question is whether there's enough power or not. Find out more about it, and if it safely stays below 500ma at all times, then it should be fine.

I've personally never known a hard drive (prebuilt portable or bare internal 2.5) to NOT work on any device that supports usb hosting... I believe that if there is a size limit of detectability, it is a kernel limitation (don't quote, cause I'm not sure) and I'm sure the Pnd kernel is up-to-date enough to handle 1TB drives... though, I could be wrong. granted, I have an older Archos media player that handled USB hosting and every laptop drive I connected to it (prebuilt or bare/enclosure-based) it was able to read... and it has been out of production for at least 10 years... but again, I never tried a 1TB sized drive... so for me, that's the only variable in this equation...

CPU, read this (it's an old thread of mine, about the results of using a particular type of USB hard disk drive with a Pandora). That's the sort of thing you need to think about. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back