Portable Hdd Deal Heads Up

Chaser

Tesco direct are currently selling the WD Elements 250gb portable hdd at just £35 and it works just fine with the Pandora.
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-0507.aspx

No big shock as smaller ones in the range do aswell. Looks like it´ll halve battery life but I was gonna buy a mere 30gb one for £40 the other day prior to this offer popping up.

Thought I´d give a heads up incase others maybe interested at this price.

Sadly its just a little smaller in length than the Pandora but could be mounted below and still be pretty pocketable and ergonomic.

If someone could add this to the usb compatibility list please do.

Bargainous! I already have the 160GB version of this drive, but more space is always welcome. Thanks for the heads-up. :D

How much storage space is really needed?! I can't imagine that the emulators + retro game ROMs would consume massive amounts of storage space. The only thing I can think of that would use up a lot of storage would be music, pictures, movies, etc.

As far as a retro-gaming device, isn't a 32MB card enough?

Yes, it is (especially so if, like me, you only emulate games you actually own). I just need a bigger hard disk drive for the rips of my DVDs, personally - and even then, it's for swapping them on and off of an SD Card, so as not to waste too much battery-life. :p

Natro said:
How much storage space is really needed?! I can't imagine that the emulators + retro game ROMs would consume massive amounts of storage space. The only thing I can think of that would use up a lot of storage would be music, pictures, movies, etc.

As far as a retro-gaming device, isn't a 32GB card enough?
Fixed, and now yes, sure :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back