Dirty Secret

truls_rhock said:
To WizardStan, give an example of why a company stating an invoice is real or not is asking for legal trouble.

rabidpoobear said:
Company A is working on top-secret new device.
Company B uses corporate espionage to get a list of parts invoices but they know Company A has fake documents for moles to throw people off.
Company B calls all the companies and gets a list of which parts are real.
Now they know what parts are in Company A's device.

Done. Now will you explain why you need proof that it's actually going to ship? You're pretty much too late for the first batch, and by the time the second batch is ready for orders, you'll have tonnes of proof in the form of first batch users.

Last edited by a moderator:
This wasn't meant as a "is this a con" thread!
For me, it truely feels like we're getting close to the end.
It just felt so funny not wanting to have to explain it all again to him, although he know's it's not a con also.
Went from all the exitement of should be getting it soon and everything I'll be able to do with it, to not wanting to talk about it again till I get it, cause it's always about explaining what's taking it so long. And I understand all the delays and am ok with it, because as a whole I feel like I've been kept as informed as possible.
Was able to tell him about the early n64 and DC work though, somehow he missed it on engadget, so didn't feel so dirty at that point :D

yawn!, not again?, well, projects do run late (although I don`t consider this one late all things considered....despite getting a bit carried away at one point and thinking it might ship "soon")
ask the Japanese what happened to their Boeing Dreamliner delivery, ask the EU why the Euro Fighter was so late, ask the US Marines about a little project called the Osprey, what about our (the UKs) new aircraft carriers?, late,late, late and late, even big well funded projects with huge teams and buckets of cash run late, ask the team running the LHC, unexpected snags?, normal, this is the real world, not some simulation with a save point.

anyway, soon you will be able to toast your critics (if that`s your pleasure), me?, I`m gonna start writing code for it as soon as I get mine.

When I first ordered I posted it about it on an amiga related forum. They all think its a scam and my money is long gone. I can see their point too, if I wasnt on gp32x I would think its vaporware or an internet scam. OP havent really kept pre-orderers updated. A newsletter you have to subscribe to, a blog and twitter/hidden forum posts dont really count. Send your customers emails telling them what the hell is going on for gods sake.

Every couple of months my gf asks me "Where is your pandoraaa?"

... I got sick of answering that question 11 months ago :)

Iorgy77 said:
When I first ordered I posted it about it on an amiga related forum. They all think its a scam and my money is long gone. I can see their point too, if I wasnt on gp32x I would think its vaporware or an internet scam. OP havent really kept pre-orderers updated. A newsletter you have to subscribe to, a blog and twitter/hidden forum posts dont really count. Send your customers emails telling them what the hell is going on for gods sake.
fair point, I feel like I've been kept updated cause I've lived on the forums since my preorder. hahaha

Most of my IRL friends are total non-nerds, so I don't have that problem. My local internet friends chuckle at me though. Now and then they see a mention of it somewhere and say "hey ggrrrruuuuuusssoooo, here's that thing you like lol." They don't know about Pandorapress. :D When they see N64 and DC (on a final unit) they're going to shit themselves.

On the whole though, I think there are less skeptics now than there were earlier in the year.

emojesus.jpg

Gruso said:
Most of my IRL friends are total non-nerds, so I don't have that problem. My local internet friends chuckle at me though. Now and then they see a mention of it somewhere and say "hey ggrrrruuuuuusssoooo, here's that thing you like lol." They don't know about Pandorapress. :D When they see N64 and DC (on a final unit) they're going to shit themselves.

On the whole though, I think there are less skeptics now than there were earlier in the year.

emojesus.jpg

As a skeptic, I resent that comment. :D

haha Gruso, I lol'd.
And none of my IRL friends know about it because they wouldn't understand. I tried explaining it to one guy but after my detailed explanation of the hardware and the idea behind OP, he just kind of looked at me and said 'Well my DS is pretty fun.' and walked off. :(
I did tell my brother, of course, and being more tech-literate he understands everything, but every time I see him he jokes about me never getting my Pandora because it's always Two Months™ away...(sorry Gruso)

Tensuke said:
haha Gruso, I lol'd.
And none of my IRL friends know about it because they wouldn't understand. I tried explaining it to one guy but after my detailed explanation of the hardware and the idea behind OP, he just kind of looked at me and said 'Well my DS is pretty fun.' and walked off. :(
I did tell my brother, of course, and being more tech-literate he understands everything, but every time I see him he jokes about me never getting my Pandora because it's always Two Months™ away...(sorry Gruso)
There goes another kitten.

everyone, just tell all who ask this:
two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months

I feel bad not only about the money spent, but the time and health spent over this, from thousands of people... I have a similar story than the original poster, by the way welcome :)

This proves the over-hype technique is not to be applied over 18 months of the actual launch date, or else it's a shot on the own foot.

welcome, Na-Noo, to one of the more devious scams seen lately on the internets. enjoy being scammed while you can, as there's not much left now.

maiden said:
people at campus asks about my pandora from time to time, but soon gets tired again because i can talk for hours about why there are delays ^_^
i love the delays, think about all the nice sarcasm, humor and lovely spirit of those forums :D

2 month TM, CONFIRMED:, and not to forget, best of all "i just think i went insane"
ah, almost forgot the "how black is black (choosing the best black for the pandora)" thread,
those are lovely times!

geek humor at its best

maiden said:
when i think about those forums, i cant stop to think about the games the same people will make.
how about a "The waiting for my pandora" game?
where the goal of the game is to get a pandora.

hrm ...
Toad said:
Thank you. But our princess your OpenPandora is in another castle two months!

for a good laugh, if anyone remember: The Phantom
this had all the red flags of VaporWare.

18 months ago, I was all excited about this thing coming "soon". I kept up with all the comings and goings, and when they said "delivery for Christmas 2008" I spread the word.
One of my coworkers how awesome it was as well, and bought it intending to give it to her boyfriend as a Christmas present.
Then it was a birthday present.
Now it's a Christmas present again.
That's the one thing I regret: I got so excited that I was able to convince someone else to get it as a present, and that present keeps getting pushed back more and more.
At this point, her boyfriend has been waiting almost a year for his "really awesome Christmas present", and I'm worried it's been over hyped.

Xian Long said:
everyone, just tell all who ask this:
two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months two months
185041389_9d60e07b79.jpg

Back