Haters and doubters: my fight for the pandora.

But can you emulate things WELL? Play Sonic the Hedgehog with a touch screen, I dare you.

But can you emulate things WELL? Play Sonic the Hedgehog with a touch screen, I dare you.

Depends on who you ask and what they're emulating. I wouldn't, but a lot of people do. On a jailbroken iOS device you can also use bluetooth controllers.

Well, for one thing, there's tens of thousands more programs that run on the Pandora than the iDevices. Know why? Emulators. C64, various Apple computers, Oric, Tandy, Spectrum, Windows 3.1, so many more. So yeah, you can run Microsoft's word processor.

And I haven't even mentioned all the game systems you can emulate.
Interesting. I remember quite well, when everbody hated M$. Now it seems to be cool running Win 3.1 and M$ Office on the Pandora. :)

There are quite a number of good emulators available on the iPad, with Wiimote/Classic controller support.

PS: I'm not against the Pandora, I'm still waiting for mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Apple... before they killed the Apple II. :)

I liked IBM... before they killed OS/2

I still dislike M$.

Linux for me.

tyvm.

Christopher.

I'm not sure how anyone can harbour hatred for Apple, it's a corporation with a small Market share outside of markets they've created or defined themselves, you need not encounter them in any way, shape or form if you so choose. At worst you could simply ignore Apple, but harbouring hatred? Really? Did they kill your dog?

Other than the original poster saying that he hates Apple, and one other post that I thought existed, but which seems to be gone now, who said they hated Apple? I am not at all interested in buying an iPad (or an iPod) for reasons I have stated. That doesn't mean I hate Apple. If Apple would release a device that worked the way I wanted, I would be willing to consider it. Believe it or not, it's quite possible to not like Apple's products. No resentment for the company has to be involved.

There are quite a number of good emulators available on the iPad, with Wiimote/Classic controller support.
Exactly. You have to carry a controller with you if you don't like touchscreen conrtrols.
Or even a small cabinet :blink:

e762_iCade.jpg

Pandora and iPad are difficult to compare.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can attest to the original iPad and the iControlPad being a freakin' awesome combo. But it's not much use on the go. Holding an iPad and a game controller at the same time would require four hands. Also the iPad 2 isn't even jail broken yet, making doing anything interesting a little problematic.

HDMI out is nice, though, so the iPad 2, when jail broken, will cream the Pandora at classic gaming on the big screen. But, then, so would a desktop PC.

I really want my freakin' Pandora, grumble!

Back