Most cherished memories with your Pandora?

second exodous

Advanced Member
I was wondering what everyone's most memorable memories are with the Pandora. Mine is I had my Pandora with me when my Dad was in the hospital. I stayed every night with him for a few months, he had a stroke and I read online that if someone that the stroke victim knows is there when they wake up the strokes damage is lessened. I was the only one in my family that would take time off work and stay with him so I was literary with him all but 2 or 3 nights of the first two months he was in the hospital. He amazed the doctors with his recovery, he was paralyzed on his right side, couldn't move his leg or arm, and his brain scans confirmed that he would be paralyzed on his right side for life. He'd wake up at 2 or 3 AM every morning and could move his right side for an hour or so(until he went to sleep) and I'd be there for him to show. Anyway, the brain surgeon was pissed when he recovered and the other doctors didn't recommend the surgery. I don't know if me being there had anything to do with it but I'd do it again. I'm visiting my Parents and it just so happened he had liquid in his lungs and spent a few nights in the hospital 'drying out' and I was there with my Pandora again. Wasn't really that serious this time. My Dad snores so I don't really sleep, played a lot of Alundra this time around.

So what is everyones most memorable/cherished memories with the Pandora?

First, it's actually a bit of a sad story you told us. But a good thing the Pandora helped you out there.
I usually also bring the Pandora to the hospital myself, but I only use it to play when I'm alone and waiting.

And I have used the Pandora at least 3 times at work to show off different ideas.
Once I ported a windows application to demonstrate you could run the code on a different OS and architecture and showed it during my presentation (yes, on the tiny screen. And it might have helped getting my current job as this company hired me).
And once I inspired a group of people that were setting up a new company with the story of the Pandora (and Pyra) to show how one person with a dream can attract other people to join in the effort to make the dream come true.

Reactions: ___
I used to have my pandora with me when I was still an assistant director in the dortmund performing arts theatre and the sound department was really really really badly equipped. When some director would want an mp3 to be transferred to the PA the sound guys were always screwed because their boss decided not to pay for the licensing and our PA only supported wav and aiff, so I could always impress the techs by pulling out my pandora and batch converting the files on the fly. Also I used to print from it directly by just jacking into the usb port of the copier which amazed the dramaturgy department when they were having their usual print server troubles and rehearsals would've not happened otherwise or someone needed a quick printout not having time to run into the office. That was really cool.

Not as moving as exodus story though, glad to hear your dad recovered!

Well, I don't consider it sad since he made a full recovery.

It was sad for the brain surgeon... he really wanted to do the job !! :(

Years ago, before receiving the Pandora, I was always speaking about it, and the girl I was dating at the time always did the "bored face", just for joke anyway...
so after receiving it, I did everything possible to make her smile for it...
I used it to play her favorite songs (and "our song") in the most unexpected moments, while having it hidden in the jacket or under the pillow
With a voice synthesizer I made it tell stupid phrases regarding her, and it was impossible to make her stop laughing :D
and after others little things like these everytime she was seeing it she was smiling, even if it was turned off :)

Also I remember well the FIRST edition of the Pandora competition !!
So many entries and a great participation, and I was really interested in everything... the whole thing made me happy like crazy for at least a week

Last edited:
I have plenty of good memories, especially from the Rebirth era in Ingolstadt, first time I saw ED and Link, the snow everywhere, the daily work at Gepixelt.

I also remember when I received my first Pandora. I wanted to charge it fully before booting it, and charging just booted it haha what a noob.

My experiecnes are still present, at least every other day. The interests change, mostly I use it to edit phographs taken on the go by PIV and Pinta, and an occasional racing game.Most cherished memories, however, are my taking it along to bike trips and holiday trips, mostly reading James Bond novels and fighting games.

What's all this past-tense crap, still use it almost everyday for light gaming, music and such
I still use mine, I was just asking what is your best time in the past you had with your Pandora. I wasn't implying that it isn't useful anymore.

That's a really touching story, second exodous.

My favorite memory is playing Final Fantasy IX. Simple as that. I made it to disc 4, then something happened to my save, and now I'm back to disc 2. I'm determined to finish though!

Last edited:
The most memorable for me is probably the Alive and Kicking Coding Competition. Second place is eternal suffering...

Back