Developed for Pyra

Foot fetishist are displeased by the shrinking of the feet.

Also the fire looks a bit weird -- smoke might be appearing earlier on than just at the very end.
Actually, that part works for me.     Oil lamps normally burn clean,  but if there are any impurities on the wick those will cause the flame to smoke for a while until they burn off,  and it does look exactly like that, with a thin line of smoke issuing from the very tip of the flame.

-Neelix

^

Fair enough.

attachicon.gif
splash.png
 Without the social commentary it could be a fun meme for Pyra coming to the US ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
In reply to Binky's drawing:

FWIW, you've gone for very cartoonish head proportions there.  Perhaps it's deliberate, I dunno, but in reality the eyes are about half-way down the skull.

I'm not a massive fan of those feet - they look a bit flat to me, but I can't draw people either, so I can't give any real constructive criticism on that.

faces, hands, and feet are incredibly difficult to draw. that's why i'm skipping by on most of those things ;) .

very minimal changes.  original versions on the far right of their pairs (or quadruplets).

Pyra-Lady-reduced.jpg

what's the bbb code to make the image larger?

FWIW, you've gone for very cartoonish head proportions there.  Perhaps it's deliberate, I dunno, but in reality the eyes are about half-way down the skull.

dNXI3cC.png

Better?

what's the bbb code to make the image larger?
I'm using imgur for mine, to avoid clogging ED's server with hundreds of slightly wonky works-in-progress

@rygD: oh i did get that, but, ah well never mind. nothing worth posting to add there.

@ible: its not meant to be anti-american. not at all. i just thought it was a fun way to show what the pyra and the lady have in common.

it could also read:

dragonbox pyra

liberty to run what you want

it was supposed to be fun.

Foot fetishist are displeased by the shrinking of the feet.
Bah, not all foot fetishists are into the same things.

in reality the eyes are about half-way down the skull.
I think my skull is off...well, you do say "about" so maybe eye location is one of my less freakish features.

though I'd be the first to admit I'm not much good at drawing humans.
but I can't draw people either, so I can't give any real constructive criticism on that.
I think we tend to be better at identifying when things seem incorrect with human figures than other things.  Being able to fix things, even if you know it needs to be tweaked, is difficult to get exactly right.  I can barely make a passable smiley with 2 straight lines and a curved one. 

it could also read:

dragonbox pyra

liberty to run what you want
Wasn't there a slogan thread somewhere?  I like this and something like it would work for me.

Edit: It beats the hell out of the current iphone one I keep hearing ("If its not an iphone its not an iphone" or something...what happened to the "Think different" days?).

In all honesty, I wouldn't use anything like this in my projects (should I eventually finish any of them). However, if you want some constructive critism regarding your picture...

The main thing is that the body doesn't line up. From the head and arms, it looks like she's facing to her right (our left), however, the breasts and hips are as if we are looking at her straight on. This has the knock on effect that her right leg looks dislocated, because it goes "in" before it reaches the hip.

Also, with regard to the foot placing. Her right foot should be futher backwards on the plate.

Finally, I'm not sure why her left foot is on tiptoes; but it's also pointing too far right for the angle she's standing at.

I've made a quick hack up to try and show my points

qJ1GYMC.jpg

I'm no real artist, so take my feedback as you wish

If you want the feet to remain the same, think the knee would be more bent and apparent. In fact, with the foot in the air like that, I think that knee goes pass the other leg a little.

I think a more abstract approach is more appropriate, here, and requires less quibbling over details. That is, I prefer ible's approach. I particularly like the one on top row, second going left to right.

The image, if used, is likely to be rather small on the screen, a lot of the time. It is a waste of effort to use a more detailed (an, therefore, troublesome) image.

what happened to the "Think different" days?).
That was just a ploy. Obviously they want everyone to think the same -

If it's not an iPhone, it's not an iPhone! :wub:   durrrrrrrr  :wacko:
I respond in a similar and more colorful way in my head whenever I hear it.

I think a more abstract approach is more appropriate, here, and requires less quibbling over details. That is, I prefer ible's approach. I particularly like the one on top row, second going left to right.

The image, if used, is likely to be rather small on the screen, a lot of the time. It is a waste of effort to use a more detailed (an, therefore, troublesome) image.
As I understand it, Binky is mostly doing this for fun, so it may not matter if that picture gets used.

With ible's most recent set I prefer the top row and the 2 on the left of the bottom row.  There are a few things I am not fond of (boots still look out of place to me, some of the garments look like they should be covering a bit more, etc).  My favorite is the third one on the first row, although I like the "rougher" look of the others for some reason.  I wonder what it would like if the garment and footwear were different colors, maybe red/dark red, or white/off-white, etc.  

In fact, with the foot in the air like that, I think that knee goes pass the other leg a little.
I don't think anyone's foot is in the air. The right foot (our left) is behind the other foot, so according to the 3D projection of that plinth, appears at a higher Y coordinate.

Better shadowing would help I guess.

In fact, with the foot in the air like that, I think that knee goes pass the other leg a little.
I don't think anyone's foot is in the air. The right foot (our left) is behind the other foot, so according to the 3D projection of that plinth, appears at a higher Y coordinate.

Better shadowing would help I guess.
In the original picture, I'm sure the left foot is only on its toes, not the whole foot.

Back