Deal Or No Deal Game Info

Okay, you can count on me for beta testing.
As far as the 'money bars', can you send me one sample of each
(US & UK) and I'll see if I can come up with something you can use?
I've been dabbling in Photoshop recently and this could be a good test. :)
Best way to get a hold of me is: dgrams2000@charter.net

Sent ya some back.
The graphics are so small (go figure)
that I wan't able to do much more than to blend the colors
a bit.

Plus, in the UK screengrab you sent me, I wasn't sure
what the bars looked like after the numbers had been wiped
off the board.

For US bars, I sent you a 'gold' bar and a 'brown' bar.

If you dont like 'em, just toss em. If you have any other ideas, let me know.

Well, I have to say, as much as I hate DoND these screen shots are really impressive. If nothing else I'll have to have a go just to admire the spit and polish you've applied to the game.

Kudos.

Hey guys, just want to let you know that Guyfawks 'Deal or No Deal'
is looking very good at this point.

Those of you who like the show will like the game.

The first time I tested it for him, the game was in pretty good shape
already and was better than I was expecting.

There were not a lot of options to tweak in the early versions, and Guyfawks
is still polishing it up as we speak. He mentioned a few more options
that he may throw into the game to make the GP2X version a little more like the tv show.

If you don't like the show, I guess you won't like the game - but for those who
do, its fun to simulate the show and play through making your own choices.

The trick to making the game 'fun' (since no real money is involved) is just
kind of pretending that you are on the show and that you are trying to leave with the
highest amount that you can - without necessarily playing all the way through to just see what
is in your case... Maybe playing the 'best out of 3' against someone to see who comes up with the
higher 'total amount' for example...

i havent got around to the options side of things yet as I am still working on the actual game, this will probably be done last as its the most boring part :)

the highest winnings table will definately be there, i am thinking about the multiplayer mode so that may be added maybe after the first release. the second release will probably add some new features that people suggest, at the moment only dgrams2000 has played the game and gave some great feedback but once its out to more people i guess there will be more suggestions.

ive been busy working on my site this week as I want to add blog software and make some other changes so I havent had any time to work on the game. im taking a break from the site coding today so will probably spend some time working on the game. the release date keeps getting pushed back every week so I cant say when its going to be released exactly, maybe in a week or two if i get the time.

Well GF,

I haven't replied on these boards for a while, but your game has re-envigorated my interest. Please keep going with the game. When u release it, I ll gladly donate a decent amount to compensate for your time and energy.

Can't wait. :p

I find the UK TV version compulsive viewing,so i`m really looking forward to the GP2X version. Keep up the gr8 work GF.

quick post to say work has resumed on the game and its full speed ahead as I have everything else out of the way.

i have updated my blog with some information on the progress and i am also asking for ideas for the menu design which i will be working on in a few days. the blog will be updated every few days so you can check out the progress at http://www.emuboards.com/blog/guyfawkes/

if you have any ideas for the menu design (theres a screenshot of the current design on the blog) please let me know either via the blog comments or reply here.

thanks for the offer, ill let you know in a few days.

btw: my blog might be down for a bit, having problems with the server today. always seems to go wrong on bank holiday mondays :)

Guyfawkes posted on Mar 13 2006 at 05:13 PM said:
As a quick sideline project from my remake of Rockstar Ate My Hamster I am coding a Deal Or No Deal game for the GP2X. If you are not familiar with the game, its a gameshow shown in a few countries, more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deal_or_no_deal

I have coded the majority of the game and is fully playable, I just need to add the music/sfx a friend is making, some speech, add some nice animations and tidy everything up. One thing I do need is some graphics; first is a logo for the game, second is a hand cursor and finally a background image.

The logo should be 147x24 pixels to fit the design of the main game screen as shown below.

The hand cursor should be 13x17 pixels with a transparency value of 255,0,255 (#FF00FF) and point upwards as shown in the below picture.

The background image should not be too over the top otherwise it will distract the player. Something nice and mellow that blends in nicely in the background with the main game screen below. It should be 320x240 pixels.

If you can help out with any of the above please do so as I suck at drawing :) Post your gfx here and if theres more than one I will decide on the best. Full credit will be given to the author(s) but please note I am making this game donationware so if people like it they can donate money to me which goes towards the costs of my website and maybe a pint or two for me if theres enough.

Here is a screenshot of the game in its current state, the logo isnt shown here but it goes at the top of the image where the yellow bar is. This is the US version of the game which has more boxes etc than the UK version, there will also be an option to play the UK version of the game. Depending on how popular the game is I may add other countries variants to play.

latest screenshot (14/03/06) with new logo and background done by a mate, he said they are very similar to the US version designs?
dond-3.png
Please put Noel Edmunds in it somewhere, possibly as mr blobby :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back