Deal Or No Deal Game Info

FluffyPanda posted on May 9 2006 at 02:30 PM said:
You really should call noel edmond's agent and ask if you can have an interview. You might be able to get him to read a few lines :)

"Deal or no Deal? £29,860 and a GP2X is the final offer."

If there turns out to be a copyright problem and the agent sues you then you can always re-brand it as "Veal or no Veal" where you win cuts of meat...

I'm going to take my pills now.

i definately think a "Veal or no Veal" game should be made anyway. would make the game a lot funnier and you could have some great audio with it too :D

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want, you can edit the game once its released. all the gfx, sfx etc is stored externally so shouldnt be too hard to open in a paint app and change it all around :)

back on topic now, after staring at the screen for a good hour (and watching funny videos on youtube) I finally got around to doing some work on the game. i have started adding in the awards system I mentioned a few posts ago.

its a fairly easy job so shouldnt take long to sort out in between more time wasting :) I think over the weekend I will send out a few beta versions so reply here if you are interested, only people that are prepared to try the game and send feedback, bug reports, suggestions etc should apply. if i get 'the games ok' etc you wont get any other versions :)

Off Topic-ish: I met Edmonds, along with his frightening looking trophy wife, on a train station platform in Exeter once at about 5.30 in the morning. I was a bit miffed as he is on my mental list of people to knock spark out without explanation and I couldn't as I was taking a group of Sixth Formers to London for the day and it would have looked slightly unprofessional.

He is about 4 foot 8.

I asked him why he wasn't taking his helicopter, and he said it was grounded.

It was after House Party had been cancelled and I love to think he was off to London with some ideas of new game shows which were flatly turned down a la Alan Partridge. I don't like to think of him suceeding again, and I wish very few people ill.

Horrible man, he almost certainly would want a fee larger than the top prize on the show for saying anything.

On Topic: This looks like it is coming along nicely, looking forward to giving it a test run.

No, Mr. Blobby is a highly respected pink-with-yellow-polka-dots actor with a number one single under his belt.

Noel Edmonds was on the same program as Mr. Blobby but there the similarities end.

FluffyPanda posted on May 10 2006 at 06:51 PM said:
No, Mr. Blobby is a highly respected pink-with-yellow-polka-dots actor with a number one single under his belt.

Noel Edmonds was on the same program as Mr. Blobby but there the similarities end.
Dont you know that Mr Blobby was Noel Edmunds in a suit? He used ot bang his head on the wood in there and take it off and start swearing at everything. What a laugh.

Guyfawkes posted on May 10 2006 at 11:11 AM said:
if you want, you can edit the game once its released. all the gfx, sfx etc is stored externally so shouldnt be too hard to open in a paint app and change it all around :)

back on topic now, after staring at the screen for a good hour (and watching funny videos on youtube) I finally got around to doing some work on the game. i have started adding in the awards system I mentioned a few posts ago.

its a fairly easy job so shouldnt take long to sort out in between more time wasting :) I think over the weekend I will send out a few beta versions so reply here if you are interested, only people that are prepared to try the game and send feedback, bug reports, suggestions etc should apply. if i get 'the games ok' etc you wont get any other versions :)

I'd love to help you out, Guyfawkes... I have most of the weekend free, and I'm really looking forward to this game, so I can assure you a lot of time will be spent playing it! :D

Looking really, really good, BTW! :)

cool, ill PM you with the download probably sunday night or monday. im away friday/saturday on a overnight beano in brighton, so wont be in any fit state to work on the game when i get back on saturday afternoon :)

Guyfawkes posted on May 11 2006 at 09:19 AM said:
im away friday/saturday on a overnight beano in brighton,
Whats a beano?
:huh:

dgrams2000 posted on May 14 2006 at 02:36 AM said:
Whats a beano?
:huh:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beano

It's a British comic-book aimed at young children, featuring such classic characters as "Dennis and Gnasher" and "Minnie the Minx". My guess is he's been drafted in as an assistant, and had to work overnight to make sure the next edition gets out on time --- thus meaning he was too tired to code by Saturday afternoon.

think of it like the jolly boys outing episode of only fools and horses. all the lads out for a day, getting drunk, pulling birds etc.

in the end we didnt go as saturday was cup final day and 95% of the people are west ham supporters, we mostly all live within a mile of west ham footy ground. they didnt want to run the risk of being stuck in brighton and miss watching the game on home soil so we decided to stay local and get drunk :)

[update] ill be working on the game later today and monday so I will send out the betas monday evening.

Guyfawkes posted on May 14 2006 at 06:28 AM said:
[update] ill be working on the game later today and monday so I will send out the betas monday evening.
That will be great, as I'm taking a trip over to New York for Work and could play a bunch
of Deal Or No Deal on the plane ride over on Tuesday Night.

didnt get back home until late last night and was too tired to get everything ready to send to everyone. give me a couple of hours then check your PMs for a beta.

OK, the following should have PMs with further info: sam fisher, WrongEyedJesus, BobBorakovitz and Deserthamster. dgrams2000 was already testing the game so ive sent him an email.

thanx for letting me beta test, I have to say that your 1st beta is very impressive,i`m hooked already :D

Back