Deal Or No Deal Gp2x Preview Video

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
I have uploaded a 2 minute and 30 second preview video (WMV) of my forthcoming game Deal Or No Deal for the GP2X. Starts off with the US version and then around halfway the UK version. The game is about 90% finished now and just needs a few tweaks to get everything working great.

I urgently need new graphics for the US and UK telephones and also a new hand cursor. See here for more info. Expected release date is around the end of August/early September. You can view the video via the GP2X Archive here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent you a cursor you can use if you want.

Nice job with the game, the voices actually are a good touch to it. :D

I've been looking forward to this one, it's looking really good! One problem, I'm gutted no Noel voice samples!? :( Isn't there anyway you could add clips of him, and the players are still America even when you switched to UK?

Sorry don't mean to critisize, just Noel makes the show!

Sorry, no Noel samples. Getting the amount of samples to say everything needed in the game is impossible. For example the numbers speech is built up from individual numbers to form the sentance i.e. one + thousand + two + hundred + pounds. To do this would need Noel himself to record the speech :)

Guyfawkes posted on Aug 11 2006 at 08:05 PM said:
Sorry, no Noel samples. Getting the amount of samples to say everything needed in the game is impossible. For example the numbers speech is built up from individual numbers to form the sentance i.e. one + thousand + two + hundred + pounds. To do this would need Noel himself to record the speech :)
I'm sure you can get enough of him talking crap to have him say something vaguely related to the game. It's just not the same without him.

Good video by the way.

i dont know this show here in germany. is it just about being lucky or what..?!?! will guyfawkes hand me the money i finally won, or what...?!?!
is it time based? where is the kick?
the game looks awsome by the way.
hill

thank you very much for the link, guyfawkes... damn, there is some deepgoing mathematical background for this game... i am very looking forward to it. as i said before, i dont know the original show, so i am very satisfied with those computerized voices, gives a nice robotic touch to it. loox great, soundz great!

I have never actually watched an episode of deal or no deal because whenever I flick through the channels it's just tables full of people just staring at each other in silence or noel edmonds walking away from the camera like he's got a stick up his arse.
Does anyone actually talk in this show...ever?

But I suppose this "home version" confirms that the game could quite easily be cut down to 2 minutes if it weren't for all the silent staring.

I got a few people thats interested in doing the needed gfx for the game. Here is whats needed:

Hand Cursor - 13x17 pixels
US Telephone - 80x75 pixels. If you can do one similar to the US gameshow that would be great
UK Telephone - 80x75 pixels.

I have posted some photos before of what the phones look like here and I have also uploaded the existing above sprites in the game which you can download here.

If theres more than one submission for any gfx I will choose the best, everyone that helps will get added to the credits though.

Is there anychance of, in the UK version, when the value is removed from the table, to have it retract off the screen, like on the television? I believe I suggested this is a feedback to th ebeta versions.

it already does this in the UK version if you mean the money bars on the left and right are removed from displaying on the screen. in the US version the money bars are dimmed.

oh, just realised while watching the video earlier that theres no speech from the contestant so I quickly added in a male and female speech to say deal or no deal when asked.

Alrighty, here's a 13x17 cursor here.

When I finished, it came out to be 13x15, but oh well, should still work. If you need it to be exactly 13x17, I can rework it.

Cursor (21x29): here
Cursor (13x18): here

Getting any worthwhile detail out of 13x17 is pretty hard. I'd recommend giving the 21x29 one a shot ;)

Yeah, 13x17 is SO hard. Try fully animating an 8x8 soldier (as in Li'l Trooper)! ^_^
Besides, what are you complaining about? The bigger version has no more useful detail than the small one.

Magnulus posted on Aug 12 2006 at 04:33 PM said:
Besides, what are you complaining about?

Didn't realize I was complaining. I'll consult you beforehand next time I post just to make sure. Thanks for pointing that out.

Back