Deal Or No Deal Game Help Needed

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
Not sure if this is the right forum to post in, maybe better in the dev forum but as its not exactly dev related (i.e. coding) I will try here.

I am in the last stages of writing the Deal Or No Deal game for the GP2X (see http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=26672 for more information) and need help with a few things.

First is some graphics that I need. I need someone to draw the telephones for the US and UK versions of the game, these will be shown when the banker phones. I currently have a ripped screenshot from the show which looks crap and doesnt fit it with the rest of the game. I also need a sprite for the hand cursor. I will update this post shortly (see a few posts down) with some example images of the US and UK telephones and what sizes the images need to be etc.

Second is some suggestions for speech when the models open their cases. At the moment they are all saying 'Good Luck' which gets annoying after hearing it a couple of times. Suggestions of speech like 'I hope its low' etc would be great. Nothing too long though, maximum of eight words or so.

Last but not least is some ideas for the opening animation for the game. Nothing too complex as I want to get the game finished fairly soon :)

If you are interested in helping out please reply here, any suggestions which get used will earn you a credit in the game ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I will update this post shortly with some example images of the US and UK telephones and what sizes the images need to be etc.

Any news on the correct size ??

and for the speech, do you just want things to say, or do you want some things recorded for you.

how far can you go with the speech, can you have lots of variations depending on how far into the game you are, what u box's u have left and things like that.

If the person speaking sounds the same way when u have all the box's as they do when your on the last few box's it wont sound as exciting (if u get me)

is it possible to have a presenter talking while u play (not constantly, just small talk such as, "wow this really is a bad run" or if your left with say 3 box's £1 £10,000 & £250,000 the presenter would say "we really need to see the £1" or somthing along those line)

I've been trying to think of lines for the girls to say, but it's really tough! Other than good luck, what do they say? Sometimes they small-talk a little bit, but they're mainly there for looks. :)

I think KoH has the best idea, to take the lowest number and say something like "you really need $1.00" great idea man.

How about something like "Wow! You're not having a good game, but you can still win $400,000.00"

Different "good lucks" from the girls would help add variation. Just a little different inflection in their voices. Or even accents.

I think KoH just covered most of that though.

"My feet hurt"
"I peeked, bad choice!"
"Do I look fat in this dress?"
"I went to college"
"Gp2x rules"
"Zzzzzzzzzzz"
"Now that you're rich, can I design your web site?"
"I'm SO excited!"
"Isn't greed great?"
"I hope I don't screw up opening this case, it's my first day"
"Rot in hell, slimebag!"
"Hmm? What? Me?"
"Hi Mom!"

Dzz posted on Jul 27 2006 at 03:30 AM said:
"My feet hurt"
"I peeked at bad choice!"
"Do I look fat in this dress?"
"I went to college"
"Gp2x rules"
"Zzzzzzzzzzz"
"Now that you're rich, can I design your web site?"
"I'm SO excited!"
"Isn't greed great?"
"I hope I don't screw up opening this case, it's my first day"
"Rot in hell, slimebag!"
"Hmm? What? Me?"
"Hi Mom!"
"Does my bum look big in this?"
"This box clashes with my dress"
"Yes but, no but"
"£250,000 gone, do you think i'm bovvered?"

ok, Guyfawkes, if you "www.google.com" and click on images, and type "telephones" you will get literally hundreds of images to choose from.

I know there are loads of telephones on the net to choose from but I would prefer a new drawing to fit in with the games design which has mostly been drawn from scratch. I am trying really hard to make the game look professional so I dont want to let it down with photos of phones if possible.

I had trouble finding an image of the US phone used in the show, below was the best I could get. If you could make it kinda similar to this that would be great.

2DELayN05.jpg

The UK version of the phone was much easier to find, it is an old fashioned bakelite phone (have no idea why):

telephone_UK.png

black_332.jpg

The image size for both the US and UK versions should be no larger than 80x75 pixels. If you could do them in BMP format that would be great. When drawing the images you may need to reference the current look of the game, you can find several screenshots of it at http://www.emuboards.com/guyfawkes/dealornodeal.htm. If you want I can send a Windows build of the game to try your designs with.

Regarding the speech, yeah its bloody hard to think up sentances to say :) I have been trying to think of them for months... At the moment I have 4 different voices saying Good Luck which still gets annoying after hearing a few times. I might leave the models speech out the first release as there isnt any routines to check how well the player is doing, I might add this in the next version depending on how popular the game is. Keep any sensible ideas for the speech though as I will add this in if possible.

Yeah the graphic goes there, theres a bit of text at the top though, heres a screengrab of how it currently looks, its using the UK phone in place of the US phone as I havent got a decent photo of the US phone.

dond-banker.png

Guyfawkes posted on Jul 27 2006 at 06:12 AM said:
Yeah the graphic goes there, theres a bit of text at the top though, heres a screengrab of how it currently looks, its using the UK phone in place of the US phone as I havent got a decent photo of the US phone.

dond-banker.png
is that just concept art or is that what you've programmed so far? either way, it's looking good ;)

that's a real in-game shot! The game is really good too, so bring on the ideas! ;)

Anyone else have any ideas for lines the ladies can say besides "good luck?"
Someone here has to have an idea! This is your chance to help, non-coders! :D

I'm SO waiting for this release since I first saw the topic :) Hope you won't got any problems in the development. And also I'm counting the days until you'll release Rockstar At My Hamster. I absolutely love the humor in this game.

I'm sorry I can't give you more things for the girls, I've thought quite some time, but all the things that popped up in my mind were already mentioned in this thread. It would be nice if the girls would say something that depends on your luck in this game or on the boxes left.

And Good Luck with this projects! Interesting to see that you've begun a Wario Ware remake for the gp32, something that's in my mind for some long time. May be the next project I start for the gp2x.

"Good luck, darling/love/babe" to give a bit of variety.

"I hope it's blue..."

"I'm rooting for you."

"Here we go"

"Fingers crossed for you"

"Fingers and toes crossed"

"Everything's crossed!"

"Stay low, stay low, stay low"

"Best of luck" (maybe with the darling/babe/love stuff too)

"Darling/love/babe, good luck"

Hope these help,
Craig.

excellent post CraigJ, just the kind of stuff I was looking for! I will add these in for the next private beta release. Also, if you PM me your email address I will send you the next beta as a way of saying thanks and stopping me from going mental :)

Back