Day of the Pandora is approaching.

How many people knew that Craig is not trustworthy person, but still ordered ICP2 because of rest of the crew - particularly ED?

And how many of them knew that Jacquelyn and Debbie-Leigh Jones are Craig's mother and sister?

I know who knew for sure. ED.
Nope, sorry.

I learned about the mother and sister thing here at the boards in the public, as everyboda else.

And I didn't even know they put my name at the ICP2 kickstarter page until someone pointed me at it.

I didn't really follow the Kickstarter ICP2 start, as I didn't want to have anything to do with it.

How many people knew that Craig is not trustworthy person, but still ordered ICP2 because of rest of the crew - particularly ED?

And how many of them knew that Jacquelyn and Debbie-Leigh Jones are Craig's mother and sister?

I know who knew for sure. ED.
Nope, sorry.

I learned about the mother and sister thing here at the boards in the public, as everyboda else.

And I didn't even know they put my name at the ICP2 kickstarter page until someone pointed me at it.

I didn't really follow the Kickstarter ICP2 start, as I didn't want to have anything to do with it.
My apologies then.

You have to realize that your name was (ab)used in "perfect" way to achieve primary goal of the project:

To persuade *first* few dozens (or hundreds) of potential supporters of campaign.

After achieving that, your name was not needed anymore: herding (crowd effect) started.

Jennifer & Debb's names (and the rest of the "crew") had the same purpose - to persuade people that it is not "one man team" project made by person with suspectable past.

I am over-sarcastic and ironic with a reason, but you already know that.

You really don't need bunch of advocates here.

What is important:

I really think that killing original site is not a good idea.

You have to be proud on things that are done well in extremely hard circumstances, and those should be mentioned there.

Pandora project is sort of paradigm in evolving history of open source and independent gaming culture.

Craig, intentionally or not, made that project possible, but he also made ugly monster out of it. It should be clear.

As I said before, there is 10:1 ratio of satisfied customers over "collateral" victims.

Lesson learned, won't happen again - and it should be visible there.

I really think that killing original site is not a good idea.
It's not killing the site, the portal is pretty much already dead, he's asking whether it should be buried or just leave its rotting corpse lying out while it slowly breaks down over the coming years.You seem in favour of rotting corpses. I'm in favour of laying dead websites to rest. Our opinions cancel each other out so in the absence of an actual argument ED should do what he wants.

Wow, interesting reads here.  I've been gone a long time, but several years ago I spent a lot of time on the old GP2X boards.  Came back by for a trip down memory lane, and to see what became of everything.

I had no idea of the later Craig scandals, as I bailed out of the OpenPandora scene not long after the PayPal refund debacle.  I remember I had a bad feeling about the whole thing, so I took my refund and put it towards a laptop.  Despite all the delays, sometimes I regret that decision, as I know I was a pretty early preorder, so I'm assuming I would have gotten a Pandora at some point.  But on the other hand, it would certainly not be cool to be one of the ones who waited this long for nothing.

Despite all the delays, sometimes I regret that decision, as I know I was a pretty early preorder, so I'm assuming I would have gotten a Pandora at some point.  But on the other hand, it would certainly not be cool to be one of the ones who waited this long for nothing.
I thought I was quite an early pre-orderer, but I always suspected due to a delay in getting the info on where to pay the money a second time (after the first refund debacle) and having then again to chase and confirm they had received it, I'd dropped back a bit. Even then I was certainly way before any second batch pre-orders, yet I only got mine in the last few months by paying for a 1Ghz upgrade. So you may well still have been waiting. :/

Back