Custom TV-out cable

Which length you prefer (circa)?

• Total voters

peca

Website
Visit site
I'm waiting for Pandora's EXT port connectors and promise to make TV-out cables for a few people. Because I ordered more connectors then I initially planed, I'll can made more cables. Other thing is, that I will solder cables individually and due this I can made every cable in different way (different endings, females instead of males, custom wires...)

So, I like ask which kind of cable You like, if You want one. If You like some custom wiring and which one.

I must warn, that it could be quite expensive because cpost shipping fee. I'll try to keep price as low as I can and it should be something like 5 - 10 USD (without shipping) depending on custom modification (maybe less).

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't want to add "Audio in", but it wouldn't submit unless I selected something from the bottom section of the poll.

:) i'll be doing similar offers if needed, got way more connectors than i need too

though i was planning on making a few breakout boxes, with ports for everything on them, maybe even a dock :D

I didn't want to add "Audio in", but it wouldn't submit unless I selected something from the bottom section of the poll.
Thanks for note. I add another option for last question. :)

If somebody needs just bare EXT port connector, I can sell it too (I think, the same states for WizardStan :) ).

:) i'll be doing similar offers if needed, got way more connectors than i need too

though i was planning on making a few breakout boxes, with ports for everything on them, maybe even a dock :D
Yep, just break out lines to PCB or non-soldering field is other option. :)

This is awesome, I am definitely up for one, although I might take you up on yours gfrancis, as we're both on the same island

This is awesome, I am definitely up for one, although I might take you up on yours gfrancis, as we're both on the same island
that'd make sense, but only if prices are comparable vs quality, haven't got connectors yet, so i'll have to see what i can do with them when they arrive, might just leave them in a bag on the desk somewhere XD

Hi Peca, voted for Male RCA & Audio. Mostly because that seems to be the most frequently used connector for plugging external sources to TVs.

Am wondering though, which of the options available would give the best quality output? Seem to remember that SVideo supposedly gives better quality than Scart or Composite, but a quick trawl of the netz didn't really produce a definitive answer.

Thanks for taking this on (to you & of course the Wizard), great to see we'll finally be getting a TV out cable for Pandora.

Might be worth editing the title of the duplicate thread as I got fished in there first.

Count me in too. I really was trying to hold out to see if OP LTD was ever going to come through on theirs, but it looks like deadlock with the Chinese on this one. I've grown weary of waiting for it.

I must warn, that it could be quite expensive because cpost shipping fee.

if you ship the bare connector, it could be cheaper, i think, maybe send as a letter
For sure. I think that even cables up to 2 m / 6 ft I could send in bobble envelope.

Am wondering though, which of the options available would give the best quality output?
Best output should be S-Video. SCART is damn big thing. AFAIK SCART can carry S-Video lines too - so the same picture. Composite (RCA only) can be little blurry in comparison with S-Video. But RCA is very common and almost on every TV set.

I'll make RCA only cable for me too.

I've voted for "10 cm / 5 in", "female S-Video and RCA stereo audio" (I have an adapter for getting composite video from an S-Video cable, if that's needed), and "Audio-in". (I still have a spare sachet of Sugru that I could send if it's needed for the connecter-end, too. :p )

I have 10 sachets of Sugru, and an insatiable itch to use it

Thank's Peca.

I have already ordered a cable from OP but if you could build i will buy another from you.

I have checked the Cpost shipping fee to Italy....but is only in Czech language... :huh:

Am wondering though, which of the options available would give the best quality output?
Best output should be S-Video. SCART is damn big thing. AFAIK SCART can carry S-Video lines too - so the same picture. Composite (RCA only) can be little blurry in comparison with S-Video. But RCA is very common and almost on every TV set.

I'll make RCA only cable for me too.

S-Video is better than Composite. SCART is not necessarily better than either. The reason SCART connectors are so big is that they are designed to carry a variety of different signals so all sorts of devices can be plugged into all sorts of TVs using just one connector type. SCART carries Composite and S-Video and RGB wires. Cheaper SCART cables might only carry Composite and leave the others empty. RGB is the best, but I don't think the Pandora outputs it. Therefore SCART has the *potential* to be the best on some machines, or it could be a waste of extra space, depending on how much you spend. In the Pandora's case, S-Video will give you the best output possible without having a extra chunky connector. Plus, it can be easily mixed down to Composite.

5" cable - NOT 10' cable.

Think about it people - the device fits in your pocket. Why would you want a cable you can scale the side of a building with?

5" cable - NOT 10' cable.

Think about it people - the device fits in your pocket. Why would you want a cable you can scale the side of a building with?
So that I can plug it into my TV, sit on my couch, and still play and type and all that jazz.

So that I can plug it into my TV, sit on my couch, and still play and type and all that jazz.

;) Exactly
You guys don't have the cables needed already? :p (Translation: I can see Grench's point - I'm pretty sure he's referring to having a short cable with female connectors on the end, and supplying the longer cables yourself. :p )

Back