TV-Out cables: I sell one more small batch

hmc

Hi guys,

since a customer of mine wanted a TV-Out cable, I made an entire batch (6 pcs).
One for the customer, one for me, so 4 cables are for sale now.

Specs:
Length: abt. 5 meters
Connectors: Pandora EXT connector on one side (of course), 3x RCA plugs (="Cinch" in Europe)
Mode: Only Composite, no S-Video
Weight: Only abt. 100 grams. That is only abt. 1/3 of the weight of my older cables!

I thought, in order to avoid the situation we had the last times when I sold such cables (that some people read about availability only when they were already sold out) I'd do it differently now. 
I put one cable up on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290893167857

(if you use another ebay region, such as ebay.co.uk, ebay.pt or whatever, just enter the auction ID into the search field: 290893167857)

If this turns out to be a good way, I'll also offer the other cables on ebay this way.

Note: 
I will only get 7€ plus shipping of the highest bid. This covers my expenses for the parts.
All the rest, no matter how much, will go to ED as a donation for the Pandora project.

These cables are a bit more expensive than the older ones I made, because I used another cable. It's much more lightweight and flexible, hence doesn't mechanically stress the Pandora's TV-Out port so much and is much more comfortable in your luggage.

It also has a disadvantage: It only has Composite TV-Out, no S-Video.
However, at least on my old tube TV that I used to test the cables, this does not make much of a difference.

Note that the official TV-Out cables will also be available in - as ED announced - about 7 weeks.
Those will be much shorter and basically be only an adapter, that you use to connect your own A/V cable. 
My cable does not have all of the official cable's connectors (Composite, S-Video, audio out, audio in), but only audio out and Composite. On the other hand, it's an all-in-one solution for those that prefer a lightweight but still long composite cable.

This is the cable I used as a basis for the TV-Out cables.

I cut off all plugs, cut that 10m cable in the middle, and made two 5m TV-out cables from one of those.

Here are some images, because last time I was asked a few times, how I make those molded plugs. These pictures should explain it. The transparent plastic is taken from some packaging of an electronic item. It's thin enough to be bent and folded easily.

IMG_0784.jpgIMG_0786.jpgIMG_0794.jpgIMG_0797.jpgIMG_0951.jpgIMG_0945.jpgIMG_0943.jpgIMG_0798.jpgIMG_0805.jpgIMG_0809.jpgIMG_0814.jpgIMG_0819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I should ask:

Are there any developers, who work on software that uses TV-Out, who need a TV-Out cable for testing their baby before the official cables are available?

If so, please PM me and let me know what you're working on. I think it doesn't make sense to let software contributors donate money in addition to their software. ;-)

You should be able to see the auction in all ebay regions.

Just use the auction ID and enter it into the search field. This should work I think.

The auction ID is 290885857643

Ok. Just made an offer and a couple of seconds later someone overbid me... damn you... you... !

Hope you are happy now.... but be aware this auction will be effective on april fools' day. Just thought I should mention it :)

Happy bidding! ;)

Oh really? Didn't notice that. However, the conditions of the auction are serious! Really! :)

b_o_b, don't worry, I have a few more cables that I may also set up for a donations auction on April 3rd or give away to the first one reporting his donation of 100 Euro for the OpenPandora project.

(really, I don't know what donation amount is realistic, that's mainly why I set up the auction: To find out what people are willing to donate. And to delay the time a bit, so that more people get a chance to notice that such cables are available.)

Great! The second auction has ended, too, with an even better result than the first auction. I could just donate 18.10€ (net 17.41€ after paypal fees) to the preorder fund.

Attention: The next auction will problably be the last one. I currently have 3 cables left. One for my own usage, one for the last auction and one as a spare that I don't want to sell.
You can find this last auction here:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290893167857

(ebay link and auction ID in first post updated, too).

Happy bidding! :)

Back