CRAIG! SINCE YOU WON"T RESPOND TO ANY EMAIL OR FORUM PM, PLEASE SEE THIS.

jsb

Still Fresh
I've emailed a handful of times, I've PMed you, and I've posted on the forum.

Please get in contact with me in some fashion.

You said "all emails will be gotten through today" here:

And I have not received anything back.

I can see you're online RIGHT NOW.

PLEASE EMAIL ME OR PM ME.

Calm down. I waited 40 days until I PMed ED since my EMail didn't got answered. Everythings 2 monthes here :rolleyes:

Have patience man! The unit is being shipped back to the the OP team and they will reship it. The world is not over! Calm down and hold off the Caps lock for now on. Thanks.

Joined 2 days ago and has 6 posts.

Ummm... This project is a whole new lesson in patience. Breathe, be polite in your messages, make sure your spam blocker isn't killing replies to your inquiries.

Since you're posting to a public forum, you might want to include what your actual question is - someone here might be able to help.

Ummm... This project is a whole new lesson in patience. Breathe, be polite in your messages, make sure your spam blocker isn't killing replies to your inquiries.

Since you're posting to a public forum, you might want to include what your actual question is - someone here might be able to help.

Know how I know you didn't read my post?

Have patience man! The unit is being shipped back to the the OP team and they will reship it. The world is not over! Calm down and hold off the Caps lock for now on. Thanks.

Ok.... You've waited two years (first day preorder, obviously, as only first days have gone out).

You got your shipping email 3 weeks ago.

You've found out that you're not getting your pandora (for what, another month and a half on top of that, since it'll take another few weeks to get back to them, and then another few weeks to get reshipped to you) because someone else made a mistake on the addressing?

I've been patient. I've been incredibly patient. But when a company has made a mistake, not just a production problem, but a preventable mistake, I want them to take some charge in fixing it, not wait another week, cause, "Hey, it'll get there"

That's the attitude of a pothead, not a group of professionals. Which one would they rather be seen as? Which one are you asking me to see them as? I'd be offended by your comment if I was the OPT, frostedfires.

You posted it in the wrong place. There is a section of the forum actually called "Ask Craig Questions".

So, since you posted it in the general forum, we can conclude you want input from all of us as well, regardless of what your post says.

You posted it in the wrong place. There is a section of the forum actually called "Ask Craig Questions".

So, since you posted it in the general forum, we can conclude you want input from all of us as well, regardless of what your post says.

Sigh. Apparently, you didn't read my first post either.

My point was that in that FIRST post, I posted a link to the "ask craig a question" section, which has been ignored.

I DID ask a question. I did have a problem that I was looking to get fixed But apparently that wasn't working, and four days in, I thought I'd try something a little more visible.

And it seems to have worked. At least got his attention.

Huh.

Also, as far as Time Zones go, when he posted that, it was before GBAX's posted hours, and when I posted this, it was after GBAX's posted hours.

Sounds like "will be done by then" to me.

But what does someone with an astrophysics degree (i.e. me) know about time zones? I must just be an idiot.

Also, as far as Time Zones go, when he posted that, it was before GBAX's posted hours, and when I posted this, it was after GBAX's posted hours.

But what does someone with an astrophysics degree (i.e. me) know about time zones? I must just be an idiot.

Just, like, chill dude. Kick back, smoke a bowl, whatever floats your boat, man. Pandora will get there, sometime - just relax and be calm, all will be well.

D.

To be fair, I've known a lot of people with more degrees than a thermometer that were complete idiots, and a bum off the street who could calculate circles around me (literally). I don't think you're an idiot, but your degree or lack thereof has no bearing in that opinion whatsoever.

For future reference, I'd also state that most of the idiot professors I've known were also quite fond of the "I'm not an idiot, I have a degree" meme as well, so broadcasting yours in an attempt to convince people you aren't an idiot may actually have the exact opposite effect.

Just, like, chill dude. Kick back, smoke a bowl, whatever floats your boat, man. Pandora will get there, sometime - just relax and be calm, all will be well.

D.

Of course it will get here. I've waited two+ years. But you know what "floats my boat" to relax? playing video games. If only I had a device on which I could play all sorts of classic...

To be fair, I've known a lot of people with more degrees than a thermometer that were complete idiots, and a bum off the street who could calculate circles around me (literally). I don't think you're an idiot, but your degree or lack thereof has no bearing in that opinion whatsoever.

For future reference, I'd also state that most of the idiot professors I've known were also quite fond of the "I'm not an idiot, I have a degree" meme as well, so broadcasting yours in an attempt to convince people you aren't an idiot may actually have the exact opposite effect.

I didn't bring it up. I also didn't say "I'm not an idiot, I have a degree". I too have met idiots with degrees. The point was that knowing about time zones is de rigeur for someone with my degree, and so I really did pay attention to that before I commented that I figured he'd be done.

I seem to have forgotten one of the main rules of the internet.

"Those who use caps lock cannot be reasoned with." :p

I have nothing positive to add at this point.

JSB, I hope you get your stuff resolved quickly. And I hope you chill out, sheesh. I'd almost prefer trolls.

Sigh. Apparently, you didn't read my first post either.

Actually, I did. Frankly, you keep shouting out the, "pay attention to ME!" bit but have so far failed to gather the public outcry and sympathy that is apparently the object of posting this into the, "General Talk," forum.

No vendor, whether selling shoes or blues is going to send you a 2nd unit when a return is still pending.

From what I was able to glean by reading between the outrage in your previous public posts, you'd sent in an email and did not get an immediate response. Apparently you changed addresses and something in the correction got sideways. It happens. Being threatening and hyper sensitive is not going to fix it any faster. It could very well have been your mistake in communicating your changes - none of us out here in the world know.

So, since you have a degree in astrophysics, let me break it down a bit.

You are one object who's location was uncertain.

A genuine attempt to send a payload to your expected position in the universe failed.

After the payload returns to it's point of origin, additional steps can be taken to ascertain why it and you were not in the same place at the same time.

Until the data can be collected, there is no way to determine the proper steps for a second attempt.

Getting excited about who's failure it was and how you're so important that OPL should effectively loan you a $500 device while your initial shipment to what is likely one of your former addresses comes back, if it comes back, if it is in proper condition, if they do not have to file an insurance claim on the package, if... etc... None of that is going to do you a lot of good.

Yes, you should contact OPL through appropriate channels and expect a response. Given the nature of them needing to wait for the return package to arrive, you should not expect your response 'immediately' as there is no additional information that they would have to supply you other than a 'message received' email.

Oh, btw - I know why the universe is not only expanding but accelerating. The astrophysicists have it all wrong with string theory (magic & faith). The real answer is actually quite simple. What journal should I submit it to in order to have the best chance of getting the Nobel?

So, since you have a degree in astrophysics, let me break it down a bit.

You are one object who's location was uncertain.

A genuine attempt to send a payload to your expected position in the universe failed.

After the payload returns to it's point of origin, additional steps can be taken to ascertain why it and you were not in the same place at the same time.

Until the data can be collected, there is no way to determine the proper steps for a second attempt.

Except I have a message from Jaqcuelyne ten days before it was shipped, confirming she had my accurate new address.

They also have a tracking number which they gave me that can verify, through a third party, what happened to it.

I am not asking for a loan of a $500 device. Insurance on that package has nothing to do with me, as I was literally never with a hundred miles of it.

And even if there's nothing that can be done for another month, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some sort of acknowledgment of the shipping exception shortly after it happened. Being ignored for 4 four days is not the way to do it, and you all know that. I have not even yet received a "message received" from them, and that's what worries me.

I'm not looking for public outcry, not even a little bit. You're too used to idiot trolls on these boards, unfortunately, so you (we, I'll admit it) see them everywhere. I'm looking to get Craig's attention, and I did that. All the rest of this is simply correcting all the people who aren't Craig, and have said mean-spirited or ill-informed things.

I'm not looking for public outcry, not even a little bit. You're too used to idiot trolls on these boards, unfortunately, so you (we, I'll admit it) see them everywhere. I'm looking to get Craig's attention, and I did that. All the rest of this is simply correcting all the people who aren't Craig, and have said mean-spirited or ill-informed things.

This is extremely funny to me. The only thing Craig came on this thread to do (so far) was correct you on something you were ill-informed about. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

This is extremely funny to me. The only thing Craig came on this thread to do (so far) was correct you on something you were ill-informed about. :p

In a tacit acknowledgment that he is still working on emails.

I don't see what's so hard about that.

In a tacit acknowledgment that he is still working on emails.

I don't see what's so hard about that.

Well I'm glad you got what you wanted out of this thread, then. :)

As I said earlier, I hope your issue gets resolved smoothly.

JSB, I hope you get your stuff resolved quickly. And I hope you chill out, sheesh. I'd almost prefer trolls.

See, now that guy ^ (quartercast) is a troll.

As annoying as I've been today, I can't say I'd prefer that.

Back