COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CDC says the 7-day average of COVID-19 cases just hit 28,000, a level not seen since March 16th. It’s coming back, y’all.
Don't know much about the USA, but some say cases are just underreported because testing is too weak. I think it's not just in the USA, in the west at least I fear the plan is hiding the next wave with undertesting. Today I heard of a couple of old acquaintances getting COVID-19. One got transplanted and is immunosupressed. Hoping for the best...

I just heard my downstairs neighbor sneeze four times in a row. Does anyone know if Omicron rises?
How do you mean ? If Omicron SARS-CoV-2 rises upstairs ? It's airborne so it depends on air currents...
If the case count is rising it's hard to know because there're often mild symptoms and little screening.
In any case, people sometimes get allergies in spring too.

You know, if you were aware of phizer's record, you wouldn't buy street drugs from them
But there is a lot of ----
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

- C. S. Lewis

The best hope he's got is the some important part of him gets squished by the neefle going into the vial and sucked up before being injected into the human. That might pass on malaria if the mosquito is carrying that, but it's unlikely to help the projenity of the mosquito which will have been killed by the needle going in. But it does indicate a cleanliness problem at the factory where this is being made, which is the real problem which needs to be fixed here I think.

I wonder what impact Easter will have on COVID-19 in the US. Lots of traveling and gathering.

Edit: The CDC says we just saw more than 60,000 cases in one day for the first time since February 28th.

Last edited:
The USA approved a new device to test for COVID-19. People just blow 10 seconds into a machine through a (single use) straw, and the machine detects 4 compounds with gas chromatography mass spectorscopy.
I already had doubts with self-tests because the sample might not be taken well enough.
But just 10 seconds of expired air? They did their trials but I'm kind of sceptical... Detecting alcohol in breath is more or less ok, but COVID ?
I guess it should be good enough to know if you're exhaling viruses and infecting others at the moment, but I kind of imagine the virus could be hidden somewhere and be contagious later on... But maybe that's the scenario you have to accept to be unable to detect with any test...
https://arstechnica.com/science/202...test-has-you-blow-into-suitcase-with-a-straw/

I woke up sweaty this morning. I don’t think I have COVID, but it sucks that I can’t test before Easter with my family, because staff keeps the free tests we got locked up, and weekend staff doesn’t have the key for them.

Can't you go to a chemist and buy one ? Sorry, I don't really understand how you live, or how you are made to live.
Post automatically merged:

or how you are made to live.
Sorry if my Enligsh fails me here.
I didn't mean "what's your nature, the way you were born or made and then, only as a consequence, the way you can live".
I really meant "how others force you to live, how they make you live, how do you live in the circumstance you find yourself or are imposed on you."

If (when) you get covid you will need to focus on recovering which means eating comfort food and relaxing. If this means pizza and video games you gotta do what you gotta do.

Hippocrates said:
Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine should be our food. But to eat when you are sick, is to feed your sickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back