COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I filled out one of those online forms on Walgreens to see if I should get a COVID-19 test, and they recommended it, despite me telling them I've had both shots.

I scheduled it for tomorrow at 11 AM, already gave them my insurance info, and called ahead to see if I need a car or not. They said they could see me with no car, but I would still have to stay outside the building.

Hey guys, I filled out one of those online forms on Walgreens to see if I should get a COVID-19 test, and they recommended it, despite me telling them I've had both shots.

I scheduled it for tomorrow at 11 AM, already gave them my insurance info, and called ahead to see if I need a car or not. They said they could see me with no car, but I would still have to stay outside the building.
Better safe than sorry!

You know, I was just reminded of something.

In Zero Time Dilemma, there's a guy who reveals that he released a deadly virus to kill three-fourths of the world's population so that it would kill a cult leader of unknown identity who would've destroyed the world entirely.

Props if you know his name.

@JDTAY Drugs are expensive. Maybe you are only getting placebo's? (much cheaper)
Or, maybe the side-effects are not for 100% of the users... and you are in the no-sideeffects category?
Post automatically merged:

- The Philippines president wants to put in jail anybody who doesn't accept COVID-19 vaccines.
Put "president" in quotes. Here is why.

Man, when I filled out that form this morning, I had a cough and a fever, but they're both gone now. I hope I didn't just beat a COVID-19 infection the day before they test me. These tests don't detect antibodies, you know.

...At least it's not as dangerous as the smallpox vaccine which shouldn't be given to people with excesma, or women who are pregnant or planning to conceive. These modern vaccines are much safer than that...
Yeah, those past 15 years of testing + data analysis by scientists not linked to the big pharma clearly prove that what you say is right.

Dr. Fauci said that as of the 19th, Delta makes up more than 20% of new cases in the US. An article I was reading said Delta's upward trajectory here may stop short of the UK's though. It said we have a lot more Gamma here, which stopped Alpha from becoming as widespread as it was in the UK. It could keep Delta from reaching the same level as the UK too. It's kinda bad news though, since Gamma doesn't respond as well to antibody treatments.

I'm still wondering what I think of the theory that vaccines create more powerful variants in about the same way that antibacterial soap breeds stronger bacteria.

Given my vaccination status, I think if I do have COVID-19, it's probably Epsilon. Patient zero coming through!

You know, India has started calling the AY.1 variant "Delta Plus". I'm not sure if they're allowed to do that. It's the WHO's naming system, I don't think they can just hijack it.

If you needed a new variant to worry about though, you can have one.

North Carolina has its first vaccine lottery drawing today. They don't announce the winner until they've been verified and confirmed though, which takes up to two days.

So, I did the test thing at Walgreen's. Results aren't due back for up to five days, though they said most people get them in two days.
Post automatically merged:

You know, while we're on the subject, I heard Gamma busts through vaccines better than Delta does. Kills more too. How worried should I be?

You know, while we're on the subject, I heard Gamma busts through vaccines better than Delta does. Kills more too. How worried should I be?
Wait until the data changes. As far as I know the delta vrius is prevalent everywhere in the western world, and either delta or the new delta pluis is prevalent in India. Wait until Gamma percentages start to go up before worrying about it. I would still avoid spending any time indoors with anyone you don't live with, personally, although going out to eat seems more important to you. And I do wash my hands every time I come home and after I blow my nose or handle mail or shopping that's recently come in, but that seems to be useful behaviour in any pandemic, be it flu, covid or norovirus.

You know, Walgreen's outsources the tests to Labcorp, and my local Labcorp is closed on the weekends. They say results happen within 1 to 2 days of specimen pickup, but I don't know when the specimen gets picked up. I'll probably get my results Friday, but if I don't, I'll probably have to wait all the way until Monday.

TIL that the CDC stopped recording breakthrough infections in May unless they have severe symptoms. This means that we don't really have any good data on the prevalence of breakthroughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back