COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsk tsk... using bad data for their benefit.

_118952263_jh_second_wave_p_test-nc.png

To me that line seems to have diverged down from the strictly exponential about a week ago. I mean it's still going up and who knows where it will stop, and I remember a news story from a couple of weeks ago that states of the people in hospital with the delta variant, about a quarter of them had been vaccinated; I can't find the story now and I don't know which vaccine they had or if they'd only had one dose rather than two, but it's not the best news.

Oh and as for your Fire Fauci Act, note the sponsor of that act is a right wing loon, not to mention a Republican. I don't think anything written here is likely to make it past the house, let alone the senators.

Breaking news:
Pfizer "vaccine" doesn't work on people taking immunosuppressant drugs.
A guy I know who had an organ transplantation produced zero antibodies after three shots. He was "vaccinated" very early. Doctors called him back to tell him that people taking immunosuppressant drugs have to be extremely careful.

Yes, I'd guess people with impaired immune systems would have trouble either generating antibodies or have trouble using those to kill infected cells, depending which bit of the immune system is compromised. I'd guess they'd also have to be careful not to catch covid-19 although without a functioning immune system they wouldn't experience the same swelling and termination of lung cells, although the virus works by making cells create copies of itself and then bursting it to let them out, which wouldn't be good if those were in their lung cilia.

I've heard they gave Moderna to immunosuppressed people ? I thought it was because it seemed to have less secondary effects (and because supply was low and storage conditions were more apt for hospitals than other places, and a hospital might be handy if the vaccination to an already fragile patient went wrong).

I only know one case personally (and I've heard indirectly of it). The man had a kidney tranplanted twice. Early in the pandemic they told him just not to get infected, because if the SARS-Cov-2 got to him nobody could do anything to save his life. He couldn't go to work, to gym or anything and people in his house had to be extra careful. He didn't catch it and eventually they gave him Moderna this year. It has long had both doses, and I think he voluntered in some kind of clinical study but I don't know if they've tested him for antibodies.

But well, instead of policies that rely on vaccines to reopen even while the pandemic is still raging, we should keep in mind that vaccines don't work for some people (and some others don't want them or don't want them yet). First give vaccines to all who want them (world wide). Then wait for the cases to stay at 0 for 2-4 weeks, and then reopen.

Last edited:
Pfizer "vaccine" doesn't work on people taking immunosuppressant drugs.
That sounds logical, from the point of view of (not) generating antibodies. I assume the clotting is still a problem though.

Clotting is also the way the virus "hides"

So why do these immunosuppressed people are usually vaccinated against other diseases e.g. the flu ?

SHORT term, not data about LONG term.

Last edited:
So why do these immunosuppressed people are usually vaccinated against other diseases e.g. the flu ?
Maybe there is a difference in undifferentiated white bloodcells/tcells that "learn" to hunt new foreign objects and the lymph glands that mass-produce them for combat?

SHORT term, not data about LONG term.
I wouldn't believe anything Russia Today has to say about pretty much anything without cross referencing it with another source. And this seems to be a classic case in sort; they introduce stuff you've not heard about before and then discredit it. Just sows more confusion and mistrust.

Reactions: rSl
I wouldn't believe anything Russia Today has to say about pretty much anything without cross referencing it with another source. And this seems to be a classic case in sort; they introduce stuff you've not heard about before and then discredit it. Just sows more confusion and mistrust.
A month ago many French influencers received a very generous offer from a supposedly UK agency to show a similar table and conclude by asking why the governments decided to purchase the more dangerous vaccine. They were explicitely asked not to mention that they were getting paid for this and that to act as if they were expressing their opinion.

Some digging revealed that the UK agency was fake and that the people behind this were very likely to be in Russia.

A month ago many French influencers received a very generous offer from a supposedly UK agency to show a similar table and conclude by asking why the governments decided to purchase the more dangerous vaccine. They were explicitely asked not to mention that they were getting paid for this and that to act as if they were expressing their opinion.

Some digging revealed that the UK agency was fake and that the people behind this were very likely to be in Russia.
Sounds just like Brexshit, at least the last UK GE and the last two US Presidential Elections...

Am I missing something or is this newspiece on a new paper dumb ?

The gist of the idea is that the number of PCR-positive cases should not be used for politcal decisions on restrictions, because a person may be positive and have less viral load than likely to allow to infect others.
But:

1- A fundamental property of viruses is replication. One person that is today found with low viral load today might have higher load tomorrow, and we don't check them every other hour.

2- The number of positive cases is proof that there are viruses in the community able to infect all those people who tested positive. They may not all infect someone tommorrow, but those who have infected them might, because they obviously could infect someone. Tests don't get all positives, they just prove that the virus is out there. In a disease with so many asymptomatic spreaders, caring for how likely is that a PCR-positive case can spread is pointless. The proof is that the virus already spread to him!

Maybe I should read the paper, but I'm not really in the mood, I find the argument hard to grasp. Is almost like saying that the number of deaths on the road should not be used for road planning or traffic lawmaking, because all those dead will surely have no more accidents anyway.

1- A fundamental property of viruses is replication. One person that is today found with low viral load today might have higher load tomorrow, and we don't check them every other hour.
Yes. But that can go either way: getting ill (more covid in the future), and getting better (less covid in the future)

Also the PCR test checks a very small sequence that you can not say for certain it's inactivated virus or alive (or even something else) - not that it's bad thing, it's errs on the side of false positives and less on the side of false negatives, which would be bad, right?)

The process of multiplication is explained here but the explanation has a BIG error confusing RNA with DNA(*1) (coronavirus is RNA, not DNA). It's the RNA that is unzipped into 2 strands by heating, then the complementary building blocks are gravitated to join the gaps by cooling a little, then they repeat it:

note that due to the fact that the sequence is so short, above say an amplification of 45, everything tests positive. From papaya's to cocacola to (even!) water.
The thing is, not all countries have the same amplification. And there's a protocol to do less amplification for vaccinated, because, I think, it suits a political agenda: https://sentinelksmo.org/cdc-maximum-28-ct-for-post-vaccine-covid-pcr-tests/

Officially they state it as follows (source: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diagnostics/21462-covid-19-and-pcr-testing) with "very likely" and "probably/possible":

What do COVID-19 PCR test results mean?​

A positive test result means that it is very likely that you have COVID-19. Most people have mild illness and can recover safely at home without medical care. Contact your healthcare provider if your symptoms get worse or if you have questions or concerns.

A negative test result means you probably didn't have COVID-19 at the time you took your test. However, it is possible to be infected with SARS-CoV-2 but not have enough virus in your body to be detected by the test. For example, this may happen if you recently became infected but you don’t have symptoms, yet; or it could happen if you've had COVID-19 for more than a week before being tested. Keep in mind that a negative test doesn’t mean you are safe for any length of time. You can be exposed to COVID-19 after your test, get infected and spread the SARS-Cov-2 virus to others.

*1 Or, if you put on your tinfoil hat, they ARE testing for DNA and not RNA... and then you get this. (I reported on this at the start of the other locked covid thread)

Last edited:
I just learned that with the Delta variant, loss of taste and smell are uncommon. Now how am I supposed to tell when I'm screwed?

I just learned that with the Delta variant, loss of taste and smell are uncommon. Now how am I supposed to tell when I'm screwed?
I'm not a doctor, but from the articles I've read from journalists that say they spoke to doctors, it's like a strong cold:

- headache without fever
- sore throat
-nose itches

Might be present, but less often than with other variants:

- cough
-fever
-loss of taste

Almost never with delta:
- loss of smell

But really, ask a doctor.

The good news is, I don't have a headache. The bad news is, I just realized I rarely ever have headaches. Searching "lack of headaches" isn't turning up anything either. I was wondering if maybe Cymbalta or some other medication I'm on can mask headaches.

Edit: Despite Cymbalta being both an antidepressant and a pain medication, headache is actually a common side effect of it, making my lack of headaches even weirder. I gotta search through the rest of my meds now.

Edit 2: Headaches are also common with Invega and Rexulti. The site I looked at also had conflicting information about headaches with Klonopin, saying it was both common and rare.

Edit 3: Headaches are also common with Claritin, melatonin, and pravastatin. No incidence of headaches or any nervous system issues with fenofibrate though. Since I'm on at least six things that cause headaches though, I gotta wonder if maybe my brain just started hemorrhaging, and that's why there's no pressure building up in it. :p

Last edited:
I got a sinus headache after I got my first dose of vaccine. That's also unusual for me.

Edit: To be clear, I'm glad I did. It proves at least that the vaccine did something to me akin to an infection, which is what it should have. At least it's not as dangerous as the smallpox vaccine which shouldn't be given to people with excesma, or women who are pregnant or planning to conceive. These modern vaccines are much safer than that, but they still affect you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back