COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
My governor has scheduled a COVID-19 press conference for tomorrow. I really thought it would be today. He's not giving people much preparation time if he's imposing new restrictions, as those almost always go into effect on Fridays.

He's not giving people much preparation time
Keep 'm on their toes (the people, that is). Makes them a bit restless, insecure, afraid, and compliant.

The press conference is in fifteen minutes now. It's a good thing my dad is coming over today, because I have a feeling I might not see him for a while after that.

Reactions: rSl
Man, Governor Cooper is being all passive-aggressive now. He's only extending the current restrictions three more weeks, but he had the Secretary of North Carolina's Department of Health and Human Services, Mandy Cohen, issue a new secretarial directive, telling people to go outside for essential activities only. This secretarial directive is not enforceable by law.

I'll all torn on whether I should still have my dad come over today or not.

Is he in/are you in his bubble? As far as I know here that's the only allowable way for you to meet up here, although the rules are different everywhere still, I guess.

After talking to my dad, he's still coming over. My sister too. Maybe also my stepmother. We'll probably eat out somewhere.

That's right everyone, we're breaking the secretarial directive. The one that has no civil or criminal penalty. We might get a few judgmental glares, but hopefully not too many, as the only other people out should be ones who are also breaking the secretarial directive.

no more different than:

If you think printer ink is expensive, look at this (on-demand DNA assembly):

So, my first vaccination will indeed be on the 13th, sometime between 9 AM and 3 PM, assuming I didn't catch COVID-19 at Bad Daddy's Burger Bar yesterday. Place was actually quite empty, so unless my waitress had it, I think I'm good.

My dad's usual day to come over is Wednesday, but since the 13th is a Wednesday, I might call him off next week, until I know how the vaccine affects me. It can cause symptoms like those of COVID-19, which I definitely wouldn't want to display in public.

Also, I just remembered, Governor Cooper mentioned yesterday that the more contagious UK variant of the COVID-19 virus had already been detected in America. I can't find a good article about it, but apparently Texas at least has it. Not sure where it was found first.

DNA is free if you're not the squeamish type. :)
it's too small to untangle with my fingers...

Another Pfiser fatality:

Netherlands has a plan already:

I do not know 50% of the vaccines NL is buying (trial result, side-effects).

:( NL will probably get that 15KM radius from home restriction, just like Germany has.

My dad's usual day to come over is Wednesday, but since the 13th is a Wednesday, I might call him off next week,
Then ask him to come over on tuesday. Remember that you need at least 2 weeks before your defenses go up and you also might get contaminated at the shot site, so you need a quarantene even if you feel alright.
So at least call every day and a few times a day the first days to tell them you are ok.

Guys, I'm getting my vaccine at approximately 11:45 am ET. They already gave me two Tylenol this morning, and I was wondering what that was for, and they said "Trust me, you'll need it." :(

Ah, Tylenol is how you call paracetamol ? Well I guess that won't kill anyone. It may help with the flu-like side effects I guess. I'm no doctor, only writing because you already had it. Good luck. Relax. Don't overthink it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back