COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I'm getting my vaccine at approximately 11:45 am ET. They already gave me two Tylenol this morning, and I was wondering what that was for, and they said "Trust me, you'll need it." :(
You do what you want (fortunately), but I'd really like to understand what logic is behind being inoculated an untested product...

It normally takes around ten years to test a vaccine, so I'm afraid that no, the vaccines hasn't been tested.

@Linux-SWAT are you proposing to wait 10 years to vaccinate people when they can barely do a year without doing stupid stuff?

there's lots of things that go into our bodies, good and bad; thankfully our body knows what to do with them.

[edit] of course, besides poison.

My dad actually got his vaccine yesterday too, now that they've opened it up to more people. My stepmother got hers like a week ago because she works in a health department. My twin sister is getting hers today, because she works in long-term care.

Not sure if my older sister got hers yet. She was complaining about it, because she's a physician's assistant in a private clinic who sees dozens of patients a day, but still couldn't get a vaccine because she wasn't 'frontline'.

@Linux-SWAT are you proposing to wait 10 years to vaccinate people when they can barely do a year without doing stupid stuff?

there's lots of things that go into our bodies, good and bad; thankfully our body knows what to do with them.

[edit] of course, besides poison.
I'm not proposing anything, I'm just trying to understand. Ain't got no answer so far.

iirc the vaccines were able to be tested as thoroughly as usual because the spread is so out of control.

of course, long term effects are less certain, but that's the same with Covid, which arguably already is showing some pretty negative long term effects for some.

So a sane person rushes to be injected an unknown stuff while running from an avoidable disease ?
This is meaningless.

It's a belief, yes. It's not a blind belief, because there's some data on the risks of the vaccine and on the risks of COVID-19, and on the decrease in risks of COVID-19 to those vaccinated, but it's still a belief and a gamble.
I understand it only partially. For me it is sad that we aren't able to prevent contagion by collective prevention (government mandated maybe, but ideally voluntary)
and then have to grasp on those hopes that a vaccine will quickly bring us to where we were before, not realising that wasn't such a beautiful place to be if it led here.
I mean complete lockdowns are hard on people, but short complete lockdowns combined with voluntary less travel, more social distancing, masks, washing and so on should be quite effective and bearable. EDIT: I mean if everyone abides, which doesn't happen]
It's kind of sad that if we suddenly stop doing banal things the economy collapses. Confirms that we have a shitty economy, unberable imbalances, lots of expense in wasteful areas and underfunded health systems and education. And lots of people loving it.
Still the reality being sad is no reason to deny reality, not even reason to change it when so few agree, so I can understand the urge to vaccine before at least 2 year trials. Kind of. Not much.

Last edited:
If you like disturbing movies, I recommend you "13 Tzameti".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back