COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my temp just now. I had some coffee and chicken a while ago that might've affected it, but it was 99.3 degrees. Have had a little bit of a cough and nausea today. Um, I'll try it again in the morning. Obviously, I can't be hospitalized until it's at least 101, but I might still need to hook up a test.
Post automatically merged:

The worst part is, they probably won't let me into the psych's office on Thursday if it's still over 99.

Governor Cooper just announced additional easing of COVID-19 restrictions in my state, effective Friday. The main things that stood out to me were that retail stores can open to 100% capacity, and restaurants can open to 75% capacity indoors and 100% capacity outdoors. He says social distancing and masks are still required everywhere though.

Well, guys, I guess we finally beat this thing. Where's that "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner Bush gave me?

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
Bah, @Linux-SWAT we're not supposed to post that stuff here. @Wally will let us know when news discussion is appropriate.

Reminds me, there was a shooting in Colorado yesterday, and I didn't even hear about it until this morning. Apparently, they're using it to push new gun laws. New gun laws are a win-win situation, because they're both popular, and don't do anything to actually prevent shootings. Do you know how many new gun laws this nation has had since Columbine?

I also like how the media used Columbine to suddenly start freaking out about guns again, even though there were shootings before that. I think Chris Rock put it best: "School shootings: Another idea invented by black people, and stolen by the white man."

Took my temp this morning and it was 98.9 degrees. I had a suspicion since morning temps are supposed to be low. Took it again just now, and sure enough, a new personal best/worst of 99.6 degrees. I'll keep checking it, but I gotta tell staff when they come in so I can get tested.

Staff told me to double check it, and it was back down to 98.9 degrees. They say they're going to get a more professional thermometer from another location though and see what that says.

The more professional thermometer, a forehead reader, got 97.1 degrees, then 97.5 degrees. Either way, staff says I'm in the clear. Will probably even go out with my dad tonight.

Bah, @Linux-SWAT we're not supposed to post that stuff here. @Wally will let us know when news discussion is appropriate.

Reminds me, there was a shooting in Colorado yesterday, and I didn't even hear about it until this morning. Apparently, they're using it to push new gun laws. New gun laws are a win-win situation, because they're both popular, and don't do anything to actually prevent shootings. Do you know how many new gun laws this nation has had since Columbine?

How many times do I have to say I don't really care about this thread and how many times do I have to tell you don't highlight me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back