Completed Pandora Pics

redstar1949

Still Fresh
I remember Craig said these were going to be released on a certain date, but I can't remember when he said we'd get to see these?

i know he said he would show us the new pcbs this week but not sure about the finished product but lets say the end of the month. no one will be upset then if we dont see it till then :D

It's very interesting to see, that people preorder a device without ever seen a real, finished Unit. :D Even more interesting that less than 2 Months before shipping such a Unit doesn't exist. We don't even have any information about the final Keyboard Layout yet or similar details.
But of course I preordered a Pandora and payed for it to!!!! ;)

Was there ever a comparable Situation in Computer-Hardware Hisorty?

Balzac2m said:
We have now sent off the final MK2 PCB for production and we will have some photos
and videos of the first ones around the 12th of October.
THAT'S THE ANSWER.
Thank me.

Last edited by a moderator:
adamorjames said:
Balzac2m said:
We have now sent off the final MK2 PCB for production and we will have some photos
THAT'S THE ANSWER.
Thank me.

just curious, who is balzac?

PoisonedV said:
adamorjames said:
Balzac2m said:
THAT'S THE ANSWER.
Thank me.

I don't know but he is quoting the newsletter. Click the light red box next to "
Balzac2m said:
" and you will be directed to the full post.

adamorjames said:
PoisonedV said:
adamorjames said:
Balzac2m said:
THAT'S THE ANSWER.
Thank me.

I don't know but he is quoting the newsletter. Click the light red box next to "
Balzac2m said:
" and you will be directed to the full post.

holy shit, I've been using IPB forums for like 4 or 5 years now and never even noticed that.

Well, that whole PayPal mess did prevent us from doing much useful stuff. It should not delay the release though, as that is basically all set :)

At the moment, we're finishing the last details of the case. THAT has been delayed a bit by PayPal... as soon as it will be finished, a nice prototype case will be built and we can show you (near)-final units :)

EvilDragon said:
Well, that whole PayPal mess did prevent us from doing much useful stuff. It should not delay the release though, as that is basically all set :)

At the moment, we're finishing the last details of the case. THAT has been delayed a bit by PayPal... as soon as it will be finished, a nice prototype case will be built and we can show you (near)-final units :)
WHY? would that delay the case in anyway shape or form? Surely when pre-orders were taken all you were waiting for was funds to get the ball rolling, sure it took a couple of days to sort the Paypal stuff out, but i don't see why it would delay the case being built? Please elaborate a bit more next time please.

The trouble with paypal is that in their TOS they demand that the goods be shipped within 20 days of payment. So, this happened:
GP2x.de newsletter said:
Hi,

some might've read in the boards that we're facing some problems with
PayPal.
In there TOS there's that little term, that it's not allowed to accept
payments for orders that won't be shipped within 20 days.
This is the case with the Pandora, sadly.
I simply didn't know that. I have my PayPal Account sind 2002 - and
who knows every term of their TOS, to be honest...?

Anyway, that means that I have to refund every PayPal order for the
Pandora or any accessories.
I think only the construction of the prototype will be delayed by this, the actual units are being built in some factory anyway.

adamorjames said:
WHY? would that delay the case in anyway shape or form? Surely when pre-orders were taken all you were waiting for was funds to get the ball rolling, sure it took a couple of days to sort the Paypal stuff out, but i don't see why it would delay the case being built? Please elaborate a bit more next time please.
Cause it takes time to deal with? Time that can't be spent doing work on the actual pandora

And you don't know, maybe the final pandora is only delayed by a couple of days?

Exactly, it's not the costs, it's the time to deal with that delayed the case a bit. But as said - shouldn't delay the final Pandora, as all those contracts have been setup before the preordering :)

Kyosys said:
adamorjames said:
Cause it takes time to deal with? Time that can't be spent doing work on the actual pandora

And you don't know, maybe the final pandora is only delayed by a couple of days?

I'm not being funny but, taking pre-orders when not even the case has been finalised yet, i mean even the prototype case will only roll off the production line days before the rest will, from all the talk from you guys to save money i thought you were skipping prototype cases and going straight to the production run?....this is why i find it strange that there is only so much you can do with a case design that should have been done in the weeks in the run up to the pre-order, suddenly the pre-order starts and paypal rejects some orders and all of a sudden the prototype case could be delayed a few days or whatever......just find it strange, i stuggle with various jobs at work and get them done on time....the paypal stuff could be dealt with his g/f/wife or during the evening, shouldn't effect the case timeframe at all....its like saying the case will be delayed by a day because craig has been delayed at the checkout at tesco's!

jaycee900 said:
prototype case will only roll off the production line days before the rest will, from all the talk from you guys to save money i thought you were skipping prototype cases and going straight to the production run?....this is

That was the idea, but a lot of people want to see pictures sooner, so prototypes need to be made to do this.
jaycee900 said:
the weeks in the run up to the pre-order, suddenly the pre-order starts and paypal rejects some orders and all of a sudden the prototype case could be delayed a few days or whatever......just find it strange, i stuggle with
The problem with that is assume there have been several hundred Paypal orders. Not only do they have to communicate with Paypal over the problem, but with the several hundred users who are all emailing asking whats happend and how else they are going to pay. They don't want to wait until the evenings, they expect replies ASAP. I seem to remember some getting annoyed because they didn't have a reply within the hour about the current status. When that happens you can't be expected to carry on with your usual business in the spare minutes you may have. You'll also have people requesting refunds, and resending the email if they don't receive a reply within 15 minutes or so (plus the fact that Paypal refunds generally take a couple of minutes each to process).

Squidge said:
jaycee900 said:
prototype case will only roll off the production line days before the rest will, from all the talk from you guys to save money i thought you were skipping prototype cases and going straight to the production run?....this is

That was the idea, but a lot of people want to see pictures sooner, so prototypes need to be made to do this.
jaycee900 said:
the weeks in the run up to the pre-order, suddenly the pre-order starts and paypal rejects some orders and all of a sudden the prototype case could be delayed a few days or whatever......just find it strange, i stuggle with
The problem with that is assume there have been several hundred Paypal orders. Not only do they have to communicate with Paypal over the problem, but with the several hundred users who are all emailing asking whats happend and how else they are going to pay. They don't want to wait until the evenings, they expect replies ASAP. I seem to remember some getting annoyed because they didn't have a reply within the hour about the current status. When that happens you can't be expected to carry on with your usual business in the spare minutes you may have. You'll also have people requesting refunds, and resending the email if they don't receive a reply within 15 minutes or so (plus the fact that Paypal refunds generally take a couple of minutes each to process).

Don't get me wrong i appreciate all the effort being put in and know the time needed to sort the Paypal situation out, i was just getting at the case part, basically i just thought, correct me if I'm wrong but say a day before the pre-orders started, the case design, was it or was it not as complete as possible without getting a prototype made to make final adjustments? That is all i'm asking because from what EvilDragon has said after the Paypal fiasco, the prototype case has been delayed a few days or whatever it is....but if they were waiting for a prototype case to make changes from how could the delay come about now? maybe if they had the case and were making changes at the time of the Paypal thing then i could understand....no worrys anyway, just curious.

jaycee900 said:
EvilDragon said:

There will be so many things to do that we as a forum are totally unaware of. Remember there is just several people doing this, and inbetween their full time jobs/lives. Which by the sounds of it has been put on hold for the pandora...

Frankly, don't be so rude. ED didn't need to update anyone, It's not the 12th yet.

damn........dense.

Back