Commercial Support

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Gamepark are looking for some commercial games to sell via their website, you will have quite a captive audience at the launch.

If anyone has worked on games in the past which didn't go commercial, or has anything they can port its worth mentioning it here.

Mysteriously they are looking for Monopoly and Chess at the moment.

Via their website they are offering 70% to you, 30% to them. Sales on the GP32 were suprisingly high (considering it was gamepark).

-Craig

Interesting. Very interesting. Well, not Monopoly or Chess obviously (wouldn't ever describe them as being interesting).

Don't have anything at the moment, but me and a couple of other people have been considering doing a few commercial j2me games for a few months now. Was planning to use the gp32 (and then the gp2x) for prototyping, so if we go ahead and do this then we would certainly be looking to release commercial gp2x versions too. Wouldn't expect to be releasing anything until next year though so I hope GPH are still selling games then.

Do you have any figures for gp32 game sales?

I think I can contract two guys :) They were already interested in doing something for GP32 but hmmm, I persvaded them not to do it :) You know, they are friends ... and you don't want your friends to loose money ;) First of them is DOX. He is quite skilled game developer. Here is his homepage: http://www.slanina.pl/index.html. The second one is guy behind InfiniteDreams (http://www.idreams.pl/). He'll probably port all his three games: SkyForce, SuperMIners and ExplodeArena. There is also chance for KRally if he finish it on time ;) Do you mind if I gave them acces to this forum ? Let me know what you think before i start to bother them ;)

Hando,

Yes if they are interested and think they can get something done for november.

I think if we can kickstart a commercial scene now the GP2X has a chance of better success than the GP32 commercial scene... ;) Gamepark need all the help they can get.

Also, Could you let Toris/mr.mirko in here too? I tried to send you a PM but it kept bouncing.

Any GP32 sales figures?

I've got a lot on the go right now building some new products, but I'm debating this.. but I'd need some good estimates to know if its worth sacking some other 'good bets' or not.. otherwise I'll just keep at the homebrew et al..

jeff

Skeezix, you would have a very captive audience early on, I think they sold a few thousand games, probably almost all GPcinema followed by Pinball dreams.

What were you thinking of porting? Since I'll be in charge of the setup this time I'll obvioulsy push your wares :)

-Craig

Sad but all my efforts to gather some commercial stuff failed. Infinite Dreams are too busy with conversion of their titles to other platforms and finishing KRally but at least they didn't say it wont be possible in future. Dox is very busy with his current job and he can't and actually dont want to do anything more than he does for his company. good news is that he promised me to give source/sources of his old game/-s for GBA as one of my friends is going to write a game for GP2X based on his sources. Don't know if it's going to be a high quality enough to be sold but at least there would be one more title for Gp2X.

Back