Here's a thought on the Pyra...
1. Figure out what it will cost to produce the first 250 units, add in all of the 'big upfront costs' like molds and circuit board population set-up.
2. Do something special with them. Sign them, give them a special case color, whatever. They should clearly 'stand out' to those in the who know the story.
4. Guarantee on your honor that these will all be fulfilled before any others are sold or stocked for sale. These 250 will ship first - no exceptions.
5. Numbered them sequentially 1-250 during production.
6. Randomize the 250 list for unit-person assignment. Each of the 250 pre-orders has equal chance to receive unit #1, #69, #100, #222, #250, etc...
6. Allow pre-orders for these 250 units only.
7. State that there will likely be a gap of, "2 Months" between the 250 shipping and having them stocked in the 3 stores.
I'm thinking 250 units limited edition pre-order queue and the price should be either 1000USD or 1000EUR per unit.
No need to run this through Kickstarter. I think you likely have 250 people in the community with enough faith in you and the project to kick in 1000EUR each to be a pre-order in this fashion.
Would that be enough to cover enough of the costs to initiate production?