chicken2

Played a game simular some guy made in MMF i guess he got the idea off that, you use flame throwers and throwing bouncing disks & other objects to kill the chickens in the time limit

very nice n bloody- seem to have a problem however.

as soon as the timer reaches 54 it resets and changes the lanscape, starting a new game...

edit: nope not just at 54- seems to just reset when it feels like it. I've reset, tried running from pacrom and windups- maybe I just don't know how to play it?!

very nice n bloody- seem to have a problem however.

as soon as the timer reaches 54 it resets and changes the lanscape, starting a new game...

edit: nope not just at 54- seems to just reset when it feels like it. I've reset, tried running from pacrom and windups- maybe I just don't know how to play it?!
you musn't let a chicken get away in the new version, if you do you lose that round XD

i think he said that was gonna be implemented, although a GUI and a selection of EZ and Hard *ez=like 1st release, hard= 2nd* would be nice to chose from :p

Last edited by a moderator:
ok last version for the week end.
this one has some bug fix for the control and some other tricks its really nothing new
except that this one is compiled with ADS and it seems to hav fixed the little slows downs experienced in previous release, the name for the fxe is now c2gp32.fxe so that u can tell me if there is a real improvement
oh and dont know why but calls to GpThreadSleep() seems to hang the gp now so u dont see the intro anymore

ok the sounds and highscore are still missing im going to work on this.
a menu with difficulty levels is in my todo

please report me any bugs
i knwo there is a gfx bug when u move the cursor in the lower areas of the screen

have fun :)

Even in the first and second version i could hardly see the logos/title due to the dark background

Nice effect with R speeding up the aim, no chicken/chick can escape me now!
GWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

Hopefully some music will come next with the menu screen :D

If U mean the bug that....if u move the cursor below the bottom on the screen....U will have it on the top ;-P

I think that U just need to change som variables or have a screen limit like:
in C:

typedef ScreenX 320
typedef ScreenY 240
:
:
:
int cursorX,cursorY;

if(cursorX => ScreenX)
cursorX=ScreenX;
if(cursorY => ScreenY)
cursorY=ScreenY;

.....I hope that u have som kind use of it.....

thanx, but the problem lies in the drawing functions.
the polling function for the curssor, allready limit the value to screen resolution

still working on sound, i hope a realse in the week

does any of u experienced other bugs?

okay here is a new version with sound and intro
the sound is still very ugly

see the first post of this thread for the release file chicken2.rar and remove all the old files befor updating

have fun

Some things:
The human race is at wop
that what is seems to say

Intro doesn't stop when you push any buttons
Loading between lvls is slow
just 1 gun sound is kinda weird somtimes

But hey, sweet stuff :D, Needs a menuscreen and such

You prolly could have the intro stay the same, and with a menu, if people skip over the intro, a story button to have the story play over again *without the logos and no timing between paragraphs so people can read at their slow delight*it is already slow enough XD**

But as i have constaintly said, this is a very nice port :D

ok last version for the weekend
with menu (push start ingame)
orginials rules (so when you shoot, you lose 1sec so blow a max in one shot)
'r' is faster, cause you have to hit the blue crystals with the cursor to gain 3sec (see the mission in menu)
still highscore missing

see first post for the new version

does it always load the sounds inbetween stages, because it has a load time, before it used to be instantanious.. or did you do that so people woulnd't say wtf to it? lol *only had load time afetr sounds put in*

once again nice, intro shorter and stuff :D *am i the onyl one that comments on this?*

this is no load time, its just a sleep to let you see your score (cause no highscore)

and yes it seems that you are the only reviewer of this shit :) lol
but thanx for your comments their are welcomes and helped me alot to finish the game

this nearly "Chicken2 customized for ThndrShk2k"

this is no load time, its just a sleep to let you see your score (cause no highscore)

and yes it seems that you are the only reviewer of this shit :) lol
but thanx for your comments their are welcomes and helped me alot to finish the game

this nearly "Chicken2 customized for ThndrShk2k"
lol
Well the only way a game can get better for peple is if the people give feedback

ahh highscore option, ok then :D, it was kinda weird not knowing wtf it was for due to suddenly adding it and never saying wtf it is XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Back