Bor Beta 1

thejuggler posted on Jul 8 2004 at 03:51 PM said:
RE-EDIT : What about include savestates thejuggler?
Because finishing BOR in once is long. :)
you don't need save states as you can start the game from any level (in the options menu) :ph34r:

This was something that people asked Squidge if he could do, and like him, I can see no point to having a save state. Just select the level you want to play and enjoy.
You're right but we can choose our level only in easy mode, so I imagine I have to finish the game in normal mode in once to unlock all, haven't I? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on Jul 8 2004 at 06:02 AM said:
uhm at do your paklist.txt looks like this?
Code:
speed=1750
bor.pak=breads of age
"blankline"

ist the .pak and the paklist.txt in gp:\gpmm\bordata\?
Yes,
Yes.

I know it isn't a bad .pak file either because it works fine with beta 3.

What does the "blank line" need to be? A few spaces with a CR? or just CR?

i have noticed that nearby all the stages in x-men mod goes out of memory.

hey juggle...is there anything wich you or i can do to make this great mod works?

i think it's one of the best mod/game for gp32 and i can't accept the idea it will not run <_< ...any suggestions???

thanks in advance...

i solved the problem by editing the level.txt files and limited the variety of characters...

thejuggler posted on Jul 8 2004 at 03:51 PM said:
RE-EDIT : What about include savestates thejuggler?
Because finishing BOR in once is long. :)
you don't need save states as you can start the game from any level (in the options menu) :ph34r:

This was something that people asked Squidge if he could do, and like him, I can see no point to having a save state. Just select the level you want to play and enjoy.
I think they want it to start the amount of lives and credits the same as when they last played.

hello on stage 4

OUT OF MEMORY!!

tried to allocate; 32768 bytes
FOR: sound open music
( in use = 7263941 bytes)

Can anybody help me with it....

Thanx in advance...

gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console

Hi all,

As far as the problems with some of the mods running out of memory, I'll have a look and see what I can do to reduce memory requirements but I don't know if there's a lot more that can be done. Squidge did a lot of work and got things down a lot.

From looking at the error, bor is using 7 and a bit Meg of the 8 that's available. Add the amount that it tries to allocate to taht and you go over 8Meg. So we have no free memory.

I suspect that the mod could be 'crunched' to a smaller version which could remove some of the sound etc to make it run but that's not where my expertise lie. I'm sure there are poeple out there who could create a small version of the mod (I know there are small versions out there for most of the big mods)

if you go out of memory with some mod, an easy way to make it run is to edit the levelxx.txt files and reduce the variety of enemies. it worked well in x-men mod beta4.

hint for thejuggler: often the memory goes out more than 1 mega, so i think that memory improvements are quite useless in most cases...see what you can do ;)

p.s. thanks for porting bor, one of the best games on gp32!!! :lol:

What about the 32MB memory mod update on the gamepark, will this resolve all memory issues, or is this port not able to use the extra space?

what website can i find bor beta files like x-men and kill bill etc...

i just found this and think it is just halirous as can be :lol:

hey look at this web page i found when it just started

dastinex

its got iso buster and alot of other kewl stuff

damn damn DAMN! wrong forum again <_<

Back