C-dogs Port

Just to let you know, a couple o' days ago i posted it didnt work on my gp, now i tried it again and it seems i forgot to copy the folder in my hurry :rolleyes: Im so stupid hahah anyway, it runs fine now and cant wait to get the final version!

here is your zip... but i think there is a porblem with your winrar...
rename file to zip, uncompress (there is a .fxe and cdogs dir) and copy in gp:\gpmm

edit: attachment removed

Ok I think it was my expired WinACE doing that :D But now I have it and m going to list things you should add!

-Add Sound/MOD support
-Delete the menu items that will not be used (yet atleast) like Dogfight and 2 player.
-Try to set up the control config menu.
-Make it fullscreen or put a static logo at the bottom saying C-Dogs GP at least to fill in the blankness.
-Add support for all of those campaigns that are available on the internet,
-Try to optimise to run at a low clockspeed with sound (99mhz is enough for that right?)

Bugs:

Does not let me pick campaigns.

loki666 posted on May 20 2004 at 12:14 AM said:
here is your zip... but i think there is a porblem with your winrar...
rename file to zip, uncompress (there is a .fxe and cdogs dir) and copy in gp:\gpmm
There is. And at a guess, its probably that he has a Winrar 2.x version, since it doesn't recognise (or does recognise, but sees as corrupted) winrar 3.x files.

Works fine for me on ver 3.30 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Enslaved posted on May 20 2004 at 03:23 AM said:
Ok I think it was my expired WinACE doing that :D But now I have it and m going to list things you should add!

-Add Sound/MOD support
-Delete the menu items that will not be used (yet atleast) like Dogfight and 2 player.
-Try to set up the control config menu.
-Make it fullscreen or put a static logo at the bottom saying C-Dogs GP at least to fill in the blankness.
-Add support for all of those campaigns that are available on the internet,
-Try to optimise to run at a low clockspeed with sound (99mhz is enough for that right?)

Bugs:

Does not let me pick campaigns.
just expanded drawing to full-screen... :)
for the controls... i was thinking to remove it... control is good and you dont need to change it. do you?
going to clean the menus and fix external campaings loading
for the sound i have no idea how i'm going to implement songs and sfx...yet

edit: attachment removed

my c-dogs splitted in 4 screens once, try to fix it if you havent done that yet, i wasnt using the newest build, will try this now...
however, im really looking forward to this, so great!! :)

Wolfsclaw posted on May 23 2004 at 06:47 PM said:
my c-dogs splitted in 4 screens once, try to fix it if you havent done that yet, i wasnt using the newest build, will try this now...
however, im really looking forward to this, so great!! :)
yeah i experienced this, it think the problem is related to the Credits Drawing function
i have to fix this...

If i remember right, this "split-into-4screens" thingy is connected to the official SDK. Or does that happen with mr.Mirko´s, too?

Horscht posted on May 30 2004 at 10:29 AM said:
If i remember right at this "split-into-4screens" thingy is connected to the official SDK. Or does that happen with mr.Mirko´s, too?
mmm... no, i'm using mr.mirko SDK, i think its related to the xlatVGA function or something with rtc...
i only experienced this in menu, what about you?

when I rename the file to zip and attempt to extract (extraction wizard), it says there are no files to extract. When I double click on it, it says "the compressed (zipped) forder is invalid or corrupted." What am I doing wrong?

Back