C-dogs Port

loki666

rtems gp32 bsp maintainer
Website
loki666-gp32.blogspot.com
ok, maybe it's a mistake, but i'm too excited and i wanted to show you my progress with the C-Dogs port...
so here it is, a very first alpha build

gfx sucks alot(palette contrast problem)
no sound, no external campaing file support
it still need lot of optimisation (im still using the old good VGAxlat function and no double buffering) but you can play the two built-in campain
have fun...
C-Dogs

edit: change you hp to 100%, in options menu or else you wont play

Downloading now, i didnt know someone was making this so u just made my day! even if it will not work hahah..c-dogs rules

sadly it doesnt work on my gp32.. dont know why. it just reboots when i lauch it with freeloader.. :huh: cant wait to play it though

Yes i have it in the right directory, im using the firmware it came with (dont know what it is), only have it a week now.

I thought about porting this one a couple times, myself, even though I haven't really played it (for more than 2 mins).

If you've got something playable out out of it already, I'm sure it'll end up being great! That xlatvga should be fine with the double-buffering, and hopefully their sound is just WAVs. Wolfenstein was a beefier game (in my best guess) and I just did xlatvga for that.

Great work and good luck on the continuation of the project!

loki: Great work, will be a kick-ass game. I didn't know the PC-Version,
and I already liked the way your alpha played (even if you have to
be very imaginative when it comes to the graphics:)

Keep going! :D

Hmm... worked fine for me. This is darn good, methinks; keep up the good work :)

Feels a bit like that 2D Counter-strike or whatever it was that was released a while back... At least in the way anything you shouldn't be able to see gets replaced with black squares.

Man I hope you get this finished soon. I played it a lot last year in grade school with my friends, I love how there are so many types of weapons. Are you going to add modding ability's so we can make our own weapons and add new tilesets? I hope you can add RF support!

Enslaved posted on May 14 2004 at 11:40 PM said:
Man I hope you get this finished soon. I played it a lot last year in grade school with my friends, I love how there are so many types of weapons. Are you going to add modding ability's so we can make our own weapons and add new tilesets? I hope you can add RF support!
i'm still having problems with the palette and gfx... (why do i have those verticale lines??? if anyone has an idea... im'using mr.mirko'SDK 0.8)
forget about the RF support...(the game was designed to play both players on same computeur, so there is no "network" engine to exchange and synchronize events and sprites position etc...), acutally i'm ripping everything related to player2 in source code... sorry (btw i dont even have 2 gp32 to test this)
for the modding features... i dont know if its possible... but its not my pirmary todo

Last edited by a moderator:
Enslaved posted on May 16 2004 at 12:13 AM said:
Oh ok, but the fille that i download from your link is in a rar and then there is no FXE file ! But your going to get sound and MOD support in then?
no fxe??? re-dowload the file... there is an fxe and a directory... put both in gp:\gpmm

Last edited by a moderator:
Back