[Cancelled] Aluminium cases are NOT being made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

Not surprised, disappointed, somewhat annoyed that IDV was hurried not only by people with orders, but also by people without them. Was none of their business... not that I'm suggesting that tipped the scales in any way...

Well, I waited several years for my first Pandora and only started getting annoyed when it started to feel obvious there wasn't going to be a PDA or money back. I've waited for this for just a few months... A production time estimate would have had to have been totally disastrous for me to pull back my preorder for this case... 

Shame really, I'm usually not into "looks", but since the Pandora is something I pull out from a stylish (and one that cost some 75 eur or so too!) black leather case in public almost daily, I really would have liked to have that "Sorry kiddo, no Nintendo DS here!"-effect... Black aluminium would definitely have done The Trick...

But such is life. Best of luck for IDV in his future endeavors!

At least we got an answer. Let's see if we can get one for the Pyra in the future :D .

Damn, I'm sorry for you, I had doubt it was possible to create this for so few $ but I would definately have bought that if you would have been successful... thanks to share the bad news and not hide them.

Well thats a shame. Everything cant pan out, and we cant all be ED. That being said I don't think he would embark on such an undertaking out of the blue. Kudos for giving it a shot.

Hope to see plans for an alupyra down the road.

Keep the money from me. Split it between ED and IDV. And thanks for all the fish.

Yeah, I'm a bit gutted. Hopefully things will settle and maybe there'll be a Pyra case ;)

Well, that's a shame.  But don't give up just yet IDV.  How about a harder/better plastic case (3DS type of plastic) instead of aluminum?  Would that be doable for you?  I will keep my money for that if that's possible.  If not, ED, please use that money for the Pyra Donation fund. 

Not a surprising outcome. My comparison with Craig stands. The only difference here is that ED was smart enough to avoid transferring the money in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
So should the thread title be changed, perhaps with a link in the first post to IDV's most recent post?

Not a surprising outcome. My comparison with Craig stands. The only difference here is that ED was smart enough to avoid transferring the money in the first place.
So anyone trying to achieve something that doesn't work out in the end is a Craig now?

Beware - the world is full of Craigs!

And I'm probably one of them, as I'm sure there was some project I also had to give up.

The choice to not take the money was IDVs, as he knew about the preorder desaster.

Thanks to IDV for trying. I'm sad it didn't work out, but not all things in life work out as they should.

And a bit of boo to ekianjo, as that comparison really was unfair and absolutely not necessary here.

Hmm sry to hear that, I was seriously trying to safe some money for that one... 

To ekianjo and all the ones who now bash him... Could you please just stop here? 

No good thing will come out of this, so pretty please with sugar on top, just don´t argue any further. 

with all the sad but noteworthy info given, shall we refrain from just another witch hunt, go on with our lives and close this thread?

@Holliefant: :ph34r: 'ed by 3 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back