[Cancelled] Aluminium cases are NOT being made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are seriously jaded on this. I pity IDV.

This isn't a Craig situation all over again, IDV hasn't taken your money and vanished. EvilDragon has your money. If IDV fails to deliver ED still has your money and can refund it, the only person losing out is IDV.

Yeah, I really do, because he's been vilified and has literally done nothing wrong. If he showed up and said "sorry guys, projects over" you would still get your money back. It doesn't matter if he comes in and lies about everything it doesn't cost you a god damned thing. The only person standing to lose anything is IDV.

So yeah, I pity him, he's trying to do something cool at his own expense, and when things don't go the way he planned he gets yelled at as if he has personally attacked you. If I were in his shoes, taking the risk that he is, and got this much flak for it, I'd be hesitant to come back with news as well.

Once again, this is not a Craig situation, he has not taken your money and spent it on a 3D printer or a new car or whatever, he hasn't even spent it on the aluminum he needs. If ED is to be believed (and I do believe him, 100%) then all the money is still sitting with DragonBox. There is zero risk to you. None. Zilch. Zip. Nadda. You can either be patient and hope whatever IDV is dealing with gets sorted out or decide you've waited long enough and ask for your money back. Complaining about it does nothing at best, and can actually make things worse.

I see due dates slip all the time, and not just here. Of course I'm disappointed, but I don't hold it against IDV.

There isn't any excuse, if you are talking about alupandas not shipped yet, well then that's based on a level of optimism you cannot really suggest is a hard deadline, given the nature of the project. At least I understand it not to be.

That being said, I think Murphy's law is in full effect, which is a force majeure.

Last edited by a moderator:
ppl are actually not so much complaining about problems concerning production occuring but about a serious lack of communication.

this has been dealt with so many times before. yes ppl are impatient, but they payed upfront and do have a right to ask whats going on.

sure pestering IDV doesnt help, but seriously, as far as i can see, theres no pestering going on here. ppl just ask for status updates every now and them and righteously so.

as said before "still struggeling with problem X... no real progress here. will catch y'all next week..." would still be an appreciated update. but for some reason IDV cant/doesnt want to provide that.

i dont blame him. not at all. BUT communication could work way better.

im sure hes on it and tries to get the aluminium cases as fast as possible to you guys.

still: your money is safe. you may ask for a refund anytime.

Well, I personally have nothing against IDV and hats off to him for even attempting this.

But the fact is that I passed the point of needing the aluminium case long ago. I've even passed the point of really even wanting it.

I realized that I use my Pandora so seldom now that I don't even want to send it in for rma as I feel more secure keeping my precious with me as is. I am comfortable with it's quirks and the case it has is just fine for the amount of use it gets.

I hung in there for two reasons.

1) I wanted this project to succeed, and didn't want to be responsible for contributing to its failure and thus ruin it for everyone else, even if I no longer really wanted the case myself.

2) My empathy goes out to IDV, and I imagine this situation must suck for him far more than for any of us.

I still want this project to succeed, and have been procrastinating about approaching ED.

In fact, I'm not going to until Monday or Tuesday, when I get back home from these festivals and can sit in front of a proper computer and look up my order details in ease and comfort.

It also gives IDV just a little more time...

I have nothing against IDV we are all Humans and the Aluminium Case Project ist realy cool.

But why dont he inform us in Person?
Is that so difficult for a Human to make a small Statement or Update of the Project for us?

I am little angry because my second Pandora lies in the EvildDragons Cave for over a half Year and wait for the in October promised Alucase.
I still believe in IDV but why do he not post here more?
That take realy not much Time for the posting.

I have nothing against IDV we are all Humans and the Aliminium Case Project ist realy cool.

But why dont he inform us in Person?

Is that so difficult for a Human to make a small Statement or Update of the Project for us?

Possibly because he expects that any update would be met with derision and disbelief by people like Ekianjo.   If I were IDV I would by now have decided not to post again until the project was completed, however long that may end up taking.

FWIW, I believe he is still in touch with ED,  so if anything particularly newsworthy comes up I'm sure ED will share it. 

In the meantime no news is just no news,  it indicates neither good news, nor bad.

- Neelix

I still want the case, as I plan to keep my Pandora for the long haul, so this case would help insure a long life, but if it get's cancelled, I'll just put those funds towards the Pyra. I'm not really missing the funds either way. The money is safe with ED, so as I stated earlier, those who want a refund should ask for one. 

As others have stated(myself included), IDV is the only real person loosing in this situation. Yeah, maybe he didn't plan properly, or maybe shit does in fact happen, either way, this is all on him. If things are still moving forward, I'm happy to wait and see where this goes, but I can completely understand others pulling out, and if IDV can't or won't give proper updates, we are soon going to get most customers throwing in the towel, which I'll assume will cause this project to fail.

Either way, this is in his court, so if he wants to not loose time and money, I would recommend updates to keep users interested. If not, he will only have himself to thank if this goes belly up.

Chris

that any update would be met with derision and disbelief by people like Ekianjo
Please note that I am not against updates - Actually I like to see frequent communication, but I really dislike when people keep saying that stuff is going to happen in "2 weeks" then disappear for several months without news and only come back with new excuses.

Look at what ED does - he communicates just the right way:

- fully transparent

- does not promise anything he cannot deliver, especially timings.

- comes back often and asks for feedback when difficulties are met

that any update would be met with derision and disbelief by people like Ekianjo
Please note that I am not against updates - Actually I like to see frequent communication, but I really dislike when people keep saying that stuff is going to happen in "2 weeks" then disappear for several months without news and only come back with new excuses.

Look at what ED does - he communicates just the right way:

- fully transparent

- does not promise anything he cannot deliver, especially timings.

- comes back often and asks for feedback when difficulties are met
ED certainly does it right. It is too bad not everyone is ED.

Bad news:

Just right now, I contacted ED to cancel the Aluminum Case project (and he agreed).

Evil Dragon will start giving back the money right now; I will bear the costs for back transfer (as there is PayPal fees, and credit card transfer fees).

This means that every preoder will be repaid within the next few days readily.

After a long discussion in my company, we came to the conclusion that we do not see a terminal date when we can promise to deliver the cases.

At the moment we have so many orders from industrial customers which we can process with little construction work (whereas "little" is still a lot), that we cannot find the time to reconstruct the Pandora case and set it onto the machine. Even worse, my construction assistant is sick for an indefinite time, so we already work at the maximum load.

I am sorry, but after all this seems to be the best way to deal with the whole case. :(

Thx for answering and yes its bad.

The Idea was realy cool from you.

I hope realy that you dont pay much.

For me you must not pay anything like Paypal Fee or near,promise.

Its very ok that i pay my Paypal Transfer Costs.

EvilDragon know that i want a GHZ Board instead of any Refund ;)

The Left of this Money go to Donation the Pandora/Pyra Project.

So ED when you read this,then only send me please a 1GHZ Board and the left Money is for Donation ;)

I hope someone follow me and dont want the whole Repay to Donation a little or save IDV from refunding Costs for the Money.

Sorry for my bad English again ;)

I hope only the Best for you IDV ;)

At the moment we have so many orders from industrial customers which we can process with little construction work (whereas "little" is still a lot), that we cannot find the time to reconstruct the Pandora case and set it onto the machine.
That's actualy good news from the view of your company, right? ^^"Well, I'm not really surprised actualy. You are not the first one who underestimated the Pandora, even larger companies did despair over various aspects during the Pandora development, including the case. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back