[Cancelled] Aluminium cases are NOT being made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awesome news. 

As soon as the case is done I will upgrade to a GHz unit too. 

Is there any estimation as to how long it would take for the Alu case to be done?

It would be nice if IDV could post some sort of mini blog about the progress, with lots of juicy pictures :)

neat . might want to change the thread title though, though this was the other thread for a minute, also will probably order one of these soon.

I might order one but I don't know which color to get. What would you guys say? I was thinking black, but I might stick to gray since my Pandora is already gray but let me hear some opinions.

Please consider it for the Pyra as well.
With 60 preorders for the pandora's case, I think it's clear people is interested. So, unless the case goes wrong and the result is not good, I think everything would be set for ED to prepare such a case for the Pyra.

I just hope it's available from the start of the orders/preorders for the Pyra.

Most of the Pandora users were in Craigs mailing list, and I can't misuse that, it's against the law.
well, you are providing technical support now, a lot pandas may experience issues with the case and since the cases are offered at cost price I think you can make a case this is some sort of aftersales service?

I might order one but I don't know which color to get. What would you guys say? I was thinking black, but I might stick to gray since my Pandora is already gray but let me hear some opinions.
Even though I have pretty much decided on grey I keep thinking black is also a good choice.  If I were you I would go with one of those 2 colors.

Most of the Pandora users were in Craigs mailing list, and I can't misuse that, it's against the law.
Ok, but you're not only the shop, but also the tech support, and Craig's customers are entitled to it. Is it legally possible to inform them that tech support is still available to them, and ask them if they want to be informed about current event on a strictly opt-in basis?

Sorry for posting before reading the entire topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I have pretty much decided on grey I keep thinking black is also a good choice.  If I were you I would go with one of those 2 colors.
Hello rygD, I knew I could count on you ^_^ yeah gray is nice. I am not sure tho. I might just stick to gray like you.

If someone wants the case *without* the WLAN-Window, please give a notice to ED. For me it is no problem to leave it closed - it even saves me some efforts.

I will start the design and Production as soon as I got the mockup (a fully equipped but not necessarily functional Pandora).

It would be nice if IDV could post some sort of mini blog about the progress, with lots of juicy pictures :)
Nice Idea. I hope it is o.k. if I simply use this Thread.

I'd quite like to get the aluminium case, but I'm really going to have to wait until more is known about how well that wifi window on the case works, I still primarily use the Pandora internal wifi!

Since no information about the wifi window, it is safe to assume that wifi won't work, but you know that the case will look nice and smooth stronger without the wifi window.  Hence, I've just added a message to my order that I don't want wifi windows for my cases.  Hope I will get them faster than those who want the wifi window.  If wifi turns out to work just as good, yeah! baby!  But if it doesn't work, I have nothing to lose by not wanting a wifi window.  If it doesn't work, well, that's expected ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back